Valor cabin 9200

kaj1436

I would still like to know what the room looks like. It appears just a slight bit wider in the window area than a regular ocean view. How far out did you have to book in order to get that corner room? I sort of like looking straight ahead anyway. One benefit...though we'll lose that extra width.

I would still like to know what the room looks like. It appears just a slight bit wider in the window area than a regular ocean view. How far out did you have to book in order to get that corner room? I sort of like looking straight ahead anyway. One benefit...though we'll lose that extra width.

I literally booked this about 8 hours ago for a May 2013 sailing. The other corner room was already taken. I would have also liked my boys next to me, but only 9197 was available in those middle rooms, which will be 3 doors away from mine. I will have 4 of us in the 9200 room and the space was perfect, not to mention the great price! The only thing not so great is its far from the stairs/elevator. I kind of like being close to stairs/elevator and closer to the Promanade deck. Oh well...I have more space!!!

Last month, I sailed out of Boston, 20 minute drive from where I live, to Bermuda (this was the one and only stop, but the ship was "parked" there for 3 days). Airfare to San Juan plus the Carnival cruise is still cheaper than what I paid on Norwegian for just the cruise!

Im super excited, May cant come fast enough!

I literally booked this about 8 hours ago for a May 2013 sailing. The other corner room was already taken. I would have also liked my boys next to me, but only 9197 was available in those middle rooms, which will be 3 doors away from mine. I will have 4 of us in the 9200 room and the space was perfect, not to mention the great price! The only thing not so great is its far from the stairs/elevator. I kind of like being close to stairs/elevator and closer to the Promanade deck. Oh well...I have more space!!!

Last month, I sailed out of Boston, 20 minute drive from where I live, to Bermuda (this was the one and only stop, but the ship was "parked" there for 3 days). Airfare to San Juan plus the Carnival cruise is still cheaper than what I paid on Norwegian for just the cruise!

I also just( 2 hours ago) booked this room for Valor Feb 2014! Can't wait!

I'm excited too! I wish I could have gotten a corner room. But at least we still were able to get a scenic ocean view----very excited about that!!! I HATE cigarette smoke and that was why we elected to do this room instead of a balcony. Didn't want to take chances. We booked this cruise in March for next March and those corner rooms were already taken. I think this cruise on this week is almost sold out. After I posted that last post on here I went to the generic cruise booking site where you can see what's left and ALL the scenic ocean view rooms are booked. ALL of them. And, just about every room on the ship for that matter. There goes any hope of a price drop, LOL. March 31....popular sail date. :cool: I then went in and did hypothetical bookings and found that as soon as spring breaks are over for most the continental U.S., those corner rooms (at least one of the two) look available. Looking on the bright side.......at least I won't have to be so concerned about Puerto Rico locals buying up cheapo un-sold cabins. I've heard some not so nice things about that happening on less popular cruising times of year out of there. They're practically given away to them. :cool:

Edited by t1adams
spelling

We're in the suite right next to this room on our next cruise. Wonder if we'll get a peek inside there. It almost looked like us 4 gals could of fit just fine in 9200 but 2 are newbies and wanted a balcony.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

I started wondering about the PR thing too yesterday. I read someones post about 1/2 the ship having PR residents. It didnt bother him, just an observation, and it wouldnt bother me, but I started to think about my daughter being at the Carnival Camp and the kids not being able to communicate with her because of the language difference.

This is also my first cruise out of somewhere other than the Mainland USA. Im wondering too what the food will be like considering they stock up in PR. Ive been to PR before on a land vacation and even their burgers taste different than ours! Their seasonings are much different. This might be interesting!! :)

Back in February we did this cruise (enjoyed it so much a bunch of us are going again in 2014). The food was standard cruise fare but they did offer chips and salsa. Couldn't sell a kidney to get any on the Dream when we did the Western. I did notice more Puerto Ricans then normally on a cruise when taken from the mainland. Only once did the language barrier got in the way but there is always someone around to translate.

Back in February we did this cruise (enjoyed it so much a bunch of us are going again in 2014). The food was standard cruise fare but they did offer chips and salsa. Couldn't sell a kidney to get any on the Dream when we did the Western. I did notice more Puerto Ricans then normally on a cruise when taken from the mainland. Only once did the language barrier got in the way but there is always someone around to translate.

You will be getting on as I am getting off! Enjoy your cruise.

We are booked on the Valor for next March in 9197 and 9199. Does anyone have pictures of what those rooms look like? And, how does the size of these regular straight on Scenic Ocean View rooms differ from the regular OV rooms? Anyone know the size difference?

th_DSC02084.jpg?t=1342018992th_DSC02083.jpg?t=1342019045th_DSC02082.jpg

Thanks for these pictures. I have 2 sons staying in 9197. They dont care what the room looks like, but if I had to do it over again, I think I would have picked something different. It never dawned on me their only view would be probably of another cruise ship! They'll never really be looking at water and/or island! Im in 9200, which seems to be at an angle so I can see something other than another huge ship in front of me!!! Oh well, they dont/wont care and we are close to eachother!

We have had room 9206 on 2 ships where it was the first room on port (left side), the front of the ship. Had a window looking out onto the deck accessed from the secret door. When the ship hits waves everyone knows the front of the ship pitches up slightly. My husband put towels in the tracks of the shower doors a few nights to keep them from sliding back and forth. Up top & at the front of the ship - you do have to hang on a little bit more but it's a great section of room.

Thanks for these pictures. I have 2 sons staying in 9197. They dont care what the room looks like, but if I had to do it over again, I think I would have picked something different. It never dawned on me their only view would be probably of another cruise ship! They'll never really be looking at water and/or island! Im in 9200, which seems to be at an angle so I can see something other than another huge ship in front of me!!! Oh well, they dont/wont care and we are close to eachother!

You didn't really just say that, LOLOLOL!!! OMG. Dude.....this ship is in port. :cool: Of course you will see the ship in front of you. And, the picture is taken far away from the window. Walk about hmmm....maybe ten steps toward the window. Turn head to the left, turn head to the right. You will see whatever there is to see. The same thing could be said for a sideways facing window from far away.:D:D I will say this, if you plan on spending a lot of your time in ports, in your room, then the view might get boring. But really how much time would one spend there? And your view....you might be facing an industrial site. We never know.

Did anyone else who had these rooms on the front (9100's) of the ship have any of these big rocking issues? I was in "awww" of this room until I read how much you feel rocking. Ew, scary. :eek:

Edited by t1adams

You didn't really just say that, LOLOLOL!!! OMG. Dude.....this ship is in port. :cool:

The cruise we will be taking is 7 night Southern Caribbean. Other than 1 day during the cruise, we will be "in port" every day.

And for the record...it would be "Dudette". :D

The cruise we will be taking is 7 night Southern Caribbean. Other than 1 day during the cruise, we will be "in port" every day.

And for the record...it would be "Dudette". :D

I can't believe you said that either:rolleyes:

The room is huge, plenty of room for your 2 boys. There was plenty of room for my DH and I, and two teenaged boys.

The view from the window is amazing, great view when cruising. No one can look into the room, and you are not looking onto a busy deck. The deck below was for the most part empty. Occasionally there was a crew member out on the deck.

I have some photos of the view taken near the window, but was having trouble uploading them. I will try again.

There is a ledge in front of the window that you can sit on and look outside. There is also a small table and chair at the window to sit and admire the view.

The couch pulls out to a double bed. My boys had no complaint about the bed

We did not notice any excessive rocking. It was a fairly smooth cruise.

I would highly recommend the room.

I can't believe you said that either:rolleyes:

The room is huge, plenty of room for your 2 boys. There was plenty of room for my DH and I, and two teenaged boys.

The view from the window is amazing, great view when cruising. No one can look into the room, and you are not looking onto a busy deck. The deck below was for the most part empty. Occasionally there was a crew member out on the deck.

I have some photos of the view taken near the window, but was having trouble uploading them. I will try again.

There is a ledge in front of the window that you can sit on and look outside. There is also a small table and chair at the window to sit and admire the view.

The couch pulls out to a double bed. My boys had no complaint about the bed

We did not notice any excessive rocking. It was a fairly smooth cruise.

I would highly recommend the room.

Thank you for the pics. This has just helped me decide that I want these rooms on my Sunshine cruise!

I have 9200 booked on the Valor out of San Juan in 2014. But was considering booking 2 of these rooms on my December 2013 cruise on the Sunshine! I think my kids would love this view! (i know i will) Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ok - so hopefully this will work. The images lost some quality in the upload - but you get the idea - an absolutely fantastic cabin - oh how I miss those windows.:o Note: the picture on the wall (shown in the thumbnails a few posts above) is missing in my pictures. As I said earlier - they were still adding the finishing touches when we arrived at the cabin.

OK, I am SO going to book a cruise on this ship to get this cabin! :)

OK, I am SO going to book a cruise on this ship to get this cabin! :)

The Valor has these cabins along with the conquest and glory. Also the sunshine will have the category cabin as well. So don't just limit yourself to the Valor for this kind of cabin.

• 1 month later...

I have been watching the prices/availability of cabins for the Sunshine Transatlantic crossing next November for about a month. Yesterday, I noticed a something I hadn't seen before: a 6J Scenic OV cabin had become available (there are only four on the Sunshine and they've been sold out since I began looking). I immediately booked it and can't wait to take some pictures of the view as we travel from Barcelona to New Orleans. I will definitely post them when we get back.