Valor cabin 9200

kaj1436

Thank you.

Those deck plans for the Liberty are misleading. The room and deck plan is more like the Valor, ie. larger than shown.

very welcome :)

for what it's worth, i don't think that's accurate. i think they did build the valor captain's suites differently, and larger. at least per what i've seen thus far...

liberty CS are 650 sq ft (500 inside + 150 sq ft balcony). valor CS are 840 sq ft (582 inside + 258 sq ft balcony):

4cdf0e4e.jpg

which looks about right, per the deck plans:

22fcbf6d.jpg

i personally prefer the new version - though liberty's CS is pretty 'suite' also... no doubt. :D

*i could be wrong but the info they're posting now is different - in terms of the specifications, and deck plans...

liberty CS are 650 sq ft (500 inside + 150 sq ft balcony). valor CS are 840 sq ft (582 inside + 258 sq ft balcony):

hehe i've already found an alternate mode of calculating the square footage too... but still maintains that it's apparently larger:

Suite 9202 (on the Port side) and 9203 (on the Starboard side) will feature a brand new stateroom configuration, encompassing more than 806 square feet (approximately 548 interior/258 exterior) and accommodating up to five guests.
Edited by falkcor

OK - exterior. Not the best pic - but hopefully you can compare the new look Valor with the old look of the Triumph docked behind her.

Valor_Feb11_038-1.jpg

thank you for posting. i was curious for no particular reason :)

it looks like a 'double height' or 'two story' bridge as i anticipated. i'm glad they raked the upper windows inward to achieve this effect.

i think this renovation actually fits with the original lines better than the added (just) CS's on the liberty. it looks kinda natural. very nice to have the triumph there for comparison :D

so again, thanks for your feedback :cool:

I has this room for our January 22 sailing...I received an email stating that the cruise was cancelled and to call and rebook or request refund. When I called and asked what the new itinerary was ..I was very interested in rebooking with the new itinerary. EXCEPT...my cabin 9200 was no longer available!! I was not happy. I beleive I should have got first right on keeping my cabin with the new sailing but I guess Carnival didn't see it that way. I wish they provided better customer service in that respect. But what can you do? I'm still sailing with the new itinerary just not in that fabulous 320 sq ft cabin!

I has this room for our January 22 sailing...I received an email stating that the cruise was cancelled and to call and rebook or request refund. When I called and asked what the new itinerary was ..I was very interested in rebooking with the new itinerary. EXCEPT...my cabin 9200 was no longer available!! I was not happy. I beleive I should have got first right on keeping my cabin with the new sailing but I guess Carnival didn't see it that way. I wish they provided better customer service in that respect. But what can you do? I'm still sailing with the new itinerary just not in that fabulous 320 sq ft cabin!

Sorry to hear that.....but I saw your other thread and it looks like you have a fabulous new itinerary.

I was looking at the Jan 15 2012 on the valor and it would be a little over $300 more compared to a standard OV.

And it turns out to be the same price as a premium balcony on that cruise. Not sure if I would go floor to ceiling over a premium balcony.

Great room though. It would be great to wake up and stare out in the ocean/ports from almost right in front of the bed.

Sorry to hear that.....but I saw your other thread and it looks like you have a fabulous new itinerary.

Actually Carnival screwed up and gave me the wrong information. I was not able to transfer to the new itinerary with price protection so I just ended up cancelling my ressie. No Aruba for me!

ok ,so we have this room booked. I am really excited but having the lights off is really dumb. We are above the bridge. We paid for the room, what are they going to do...walk upstairs and tell us "lights off". HA! I need to see to get ready for bed. And if I want the blinds open, the blinds will be open. That is why I booked that room. Too be able to see out the windows.

ok ,so we have this room booked. I am really excited but having the lights off is really dumb. We are above the bridge. We paid for the room, what are they going to do...walk upstairs and tell us "lights off". HA! I need to see to get ready for bed. And if I want the blinds open, the blinds will be open. That is why I booked that room. Too be able to see out the windows.

I previous poster who was in that room said that they did call and ask them to turn the lights out..

Hmmmm......I bet you make a wonderful cruise ship neighbor.

c1OjjXl0gCf738axlx4LspMeQlim10tp+LvXi2gCAIRBEMgDuH7xFJ1MzfY4qgiAgCWQ9NcOGLhPx7HUMTpfADAIjMVC07HQtMvA0+h0wkA+JBJajlWy7FSYgkAsDI+cxNHuHAkOT4bD80kxmdvTM7FQzMLzNRQjayTrwC3SqLQM330yAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I am booked in 9196 Scenic OV on the Valor, can I get some information about this cabin? I know that it is smaller than 9200 but can it accomodate 3 adults? If anyone has stayed in this cabin please share comments and or pictures.

Thanks;)

• 1 month later...

This might have been said, but I am pretty sure those rooms are designed like the ones on the carnival breeze. Maybe next drydock they will start changing more rooms to this design!

These are great cabins. Does anyone have any photos of the balcony?

I am booked in 9201 for the Eastern/Western cruise next March 17. As far as I know, there is no balcony. These are ocean view. I hope I'm wrong!

Hmmmm......I bet you make a wonderful cruise ship neighbor.

c1OjjXl0gCf738axlx4LspMeQlim10tp+LvXi2gCAIRBEMgDuH7xFJ1MzfY4qgiAgCWQ9NcOGLhPx7HUMTpfADAIjMVC07HQtMvA0+h0wkA+JBJajlWy7FSYgkAsDI+cxNHuHAkOT4bD80kxmdvTM7FQzMLzNRQjayTrwC3SqLQM330yAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

That's quite a snide remark and uncalled for. From the looks of it the bad neighbor sounds like he/she would like to sit in his cabin with the shades up at night looking out into the sea. Whoaaaaaaa, that's SO bad.

That's quite a snide remark and uncalled for. From the looks of it the bad neighbor sounds like he/she would like to sit in his cabin with the shades up at night looking out into the sea. Whoaaaaaaa, that's SO bad.

Yes it was a snide remark...and totally called for. Re-read that post....clearly implies they want the lights on and the blinds up - at the same time, and they don't care what the rules are. Also displays an arrogance and disregard for ship rules and safety.

So...if you want that person in the cabin next to yours...go right ahead.

Edited by uksaint

This might be a weird question, but can people walk in front of your room? It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is it like a regular walkway or is that just the front of the ship?

There is just a maintenance walkway in front of the room - I never saw anyone out there until departure day when someone was washing the windows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We're booked in 9200 for our spring break cruise. There are 4 of us (two are kids 12 and 10) and I'm just wondering how they convert that couch into beds since i see no upper bunks. Also, I'm still agonizing over this room vs a regular balcony room for $100 less. We love having extra space as we did once with a family OV on the Freedom, but the one time we had a balcony it was really nice to be able to go out and sit in the breeze and salt air. The new rooms look beautiful!

We're booked in 9200 for our spring break cruise. There are 4 of us (two are kids 12 and 10) and I'm just wondering how they convert that couch into beds since i see no upper bunks. Also, I'm still agonizing over this room vs a regular balcony room for $100 less. We love having extra space as we did once with a family OV on the Freedom, but the one time we had a balcony it was really nice to be able to go out and sit in the breeze and salt air. The new rooms look beautiful!

The pics in this thread are new rooms but not the Captains suite rooms. I have yet to see any posts of these new rooms on CC yet, but we have stayed in the Captains suite on the Liberty. There were two bunks (upper and lower) that dropped out of the side wall in the Living room area.