NCL Spirit - In the store on board, can you buy...

1stTimer02/2011

Wondering if the store on board the Spirit carries suntan lotion and if anyone knows the cost?

OR

Do you know if they sell it at any of the port stores in Costa Maya, Belize or Roatan?

We're packing carry on only and are limited to how much "liquids" we can bring on board the plane.. so need to purchase extra suntan lotion when we get there....

Anyone know?

How about memory cards for video cameras?

I suggest buying memory cards at your local discount store; Walmart, K-Mart, etc. The prices aboard cruise ships for any photography related stuff aren't cheap. There's several different types of memory cards, whether the inventory aboard the ship when you cruise and want it will match what you need is always in question.

Congrats to you for going carry on only. Wish my wife could do that.

The airport store will be expensive, but nothing like on the ship.

Memory cards.. almost free at Walmart. Very expensive onboard, but yes, they do sell them.

Wondering if the store on board the Spirit carries suntan lotion and if anyone knows the cost?

OR

Do you know if they sell it at any of the port stores in Costa Maya, Belize or Roatan?

We're packing carry on only and are limited to how much "liquids" we can bring on board the plane.. so need to purchase extra suntan lotion when we get there....

Anyone know?

I guess you have your answer: If we do not bring things like lotion with us, we buy it at the ports, the ship will charge you an arm and leg.

Nita

I would try to take the suntan lotion with me if possible. You could put in TSA approved smaller bottles. I also have been able to find lotions that were 3 ounces or less. Very expensive on the ship and in the ports.

They do have it in the store on the ship, but it is much cheaper in the "pharmacy" stores in port.

Unless you are using an NCL shuttle or the like, I would find a Walmart in or around NOLA. I am sure that you could find it in one of the ports, but I wouldn't chance it. You can find 3 oz. or less tubes in the pharmaceutical section.

Gene

I also am only traveling with a carryon, but I am checking it on the flight to New Orleans. Don't know if this will work for you, but no luggage fee on Delta with my Amex card. I plan on packing all of my partial bottles of lotions, mousse, hairspray, deoderant, etc. that I think I will need, and then throw them away for the trip home when I will board with my carryon.

Archived