Big Disappointment on Navigator of the Seas

Do you think I should complain to RCI about these issues?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think I should complain to RCI about these issues?

• YES!!
    • Maybe, it does seem to be out of the ordinary
    • Probably not worth it
    • No, it wasn't that bad!

We are now Emerald. As Platinum we have had to ask for robes. If I remember correctly, cruises under 7 days don't have P, D, D+ return parties. I have found that most Loyalty people are not the most friendly people on the ship.

Strange! I booked a NextCruise on Radiance and they handed me the certificate along with the two Friends and Family certificates and a brochure on Onboard Booking Bonus all in an envelope. Did you meet with the Loyalty Amb. in person or just get a application and drop it off?

I think I would call them about that one and I would definitely let them know had I had a cruise like the OP did! :eek:

I talked to both of the people there as I wanted to make sure it was the same type of deal Princess did for future onboard bookings. They gave me the pamphlet, told me what to fill out, which I did right there, and handed it back to them. The one guy took that and dropped in on the deck in the office. Nothing since then. I was surprised, as when I did this on Princess, the certificates were in my email by the time I got home from the cruise.

I was also surprised I had to actually enrol in Crown and Anchor, instead of just automatically being enrolled like on other lines. Haven't received that info yet either.

We will be sailing on the Navigator for the first time next month so I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had! I can kind of understand things being worn down or even broken (maybe the passenger before you broke the drawer before they left and they hadn't been able to repair it yet?)...but no excuse for rude staff!! Hope you inform RCI of your issues so it can be taken care of. Did you end up booking another cruise?

Cody:

Interesting that you said that... Nine months prior I was on the Majesty, and was blown away by the awesome Disneyesque service and friendliness by every crew member! Maybe b/c it was more of a party ship and they only saw the same people

for 3 days? I was just on the Navigator a few weeks ago and I did invertantly compare it to my Majesty experience, and some areas it was lacking. My only complaint was

the horrible manicure I received; but did not complain to the spa as the girl was so

busy she never charged me! Mind you I tried before and during as I had a coupon to use!

I think the biggest issue was the lack of cleanliness around pool areas where there was

always empty cups and things around.... Now I have to wonder what to expect on the larger ships....

I talked to both of the people there as I wanted to make sure it was the same type of deal Princess did for future onboard bookings. They gave me the pamphlet, told me what to fill out, which I did right there, and handed it back to them. The one guy took that and dropped in on the deck in the office. Nothing since then. I was surprised, as when I did this on Princess, the certificates were in my email by the time I got home from the cruise.

I was also surprised I had to actually enrol in Crown and Anchor, instead of just automatically being enrolled like on other lines. Haven't received that info yet either.

Dan, PLEASE call them tomorrow! Don't let this slide any longer. You should have had all of the appropriate documentation IMMEDIATELY.

:)

They still haven't varnished the balcony rails, then? We were on the Navigator TA in October and thought they had stripped them to prepare for re-finishing. I am surprised about that. I wonder why that is?

We did a B2B on Navigator in early February and the handrails on the balconies were being resealed as we sailed. Deck 10 had been done twice (as I discovered when I put my hands on them). The lower decks had been done once and they were working their way down. They were not being varnished but coated with a linseed oil type teak sealer.

It certainly made the ship look more cared for.

We did a B2B on Navigator in early February and the handrails on the balconies were being resealed as we sailed. Deck 10 had been done twice (as I discovered when I put my hands on them). The lower decks had been done once and they were working their way down. They were not being varnished but coated with a linseed oil type teak sealer.

It certainly made the ship look more cared for.

Nice to see they were finally getting around to that. Sealing wasn't going to help the railing we had on our balcony as it was quite cracked by that point.

We did a B2B on Navigator in early February and the handrails on the balconies were being resealed as we sailed. Deck 10 had been done twice (as I discovered when I put my hands on them).

They do have a bad habit of not putting up signs when there is wet paint/varnish. I have more than one shirt with a brown streak across the front to prove it :p

We were on the same sailing as the OP. We did not experience anything that was mentioned. The staff we encountered was more than friendly. No trash in the halls and never a smell in the bathrooms. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our trip. I am truly sorry the OP had these experiences, but sometimes it is all what you make of it. I looked at the pictures that someone posted of the "defects". I bet my cabin had many of these same "defects". None of it impacted my ability to enjoy my cruise. I guess I am just not that critical or am able to look past these little things. Who cares if the drawers have scratches in them? Serioulsy? I knew the ship wasn't new when we boarded. You can't expect it to be with that many people on and off twice a week. It was my 4th time sailing on Navigator. Would definitely go on her again. Disppointed she is moving to Europe. Looking forward to Liberty next February though.

We are now Emerald. As Platinum we have had to ask for robes. If I remember correctly, cruises under 7 days don't have P, D, D+ return parties. I have found that most Loyalty people are not the most friendly people on the ship.

That's not true, we have definitely had them on our 3-night sailings on the Majesty. I think it's the generic welcome back party for gold and up (ie any past passenger) they skip for the shorter sailings. We have also had to ask for our robes, only once were they in the room at the time, and that was in a JS so it may have been in there for that cabin type.

And really what does platinum get you anyway but a few token trinkets , we will be on our next cruise and i doubt I will lose any sleep if no one recognizes the fact that I am a "platinum member" .

Well. They wanted robes, and that is what you get when you hit platinum. I have found you have to ask for them though, they are not there automatically, but we've never had them denied. You also get the extra welcome back party (if you want to attend, some do, some don't). Depending on when you arrive and the port, the priority embarkation COULD be useful (although in general we have found the lines don't matter). Plus balcony discounts start there.

I recently took the 5 night cruise from FLL on Navigator of the Seas on Feb 12th This was my 6th cruise with Royal Caribbean and have never had any complaints with them, only praise. I have recommended over 20 people to cruise with them, and at least 10 of them have gone on to become members with them. This will be the first time I plan on writing a letter with complaints about unacceptable behavior.

I wanted to recap a few details of my complaints. Many bathrooms smell of old urine, the toilets do not work, and half the bathrooms are closed with signs saying out of order. There was trash in hallways, and there were musty old smells in many areas. My room had drawers that not only did not work, but were falling off the hinges. My room mini bar had bottles that had been half drunken out of, and I had to argue that I didn't drink them!! They became mad and jerked them out the room.

I had a waiter roll his eyes at me when I asked what the ice cream of the day was, ( I never did find out what it was, I was just given rainbow sherbet) bar staff would not accept my platinum coupon for buy one get one free drink, because an edge had been torn. I never received any perks that a platinum member should receive, no robes, no gift, no invite for special parties, no special disembark area, no recognition whatsoever. And when I went to possibly book another cruise with the crown and anchor society host, she never thanked me for sailing with them, never referred to me by my name, and never asked me how I enjoyed my cruise. Even after I asked for a piece of tape to tape the edge of the coupon, all she did was give me a new coupon and say she had never heard of any problems I had encored.

I am shocked at how rude most of the staff was,even when I would tip extra for drinks, (I usually give at least an extra dollar) They would look at it and act as if I was a stingy person. I am so sad to think this is what RC has become. :(

You should of complained while you were on the ship!!:eek: That way it get's corrected. To whine about it on CC does you no good.:rolleyes:

Nice to see the RCI cheerleaders out in force.

I have no trouble believing the OP. By far and away the Navigator was our least favorite ship. We found it to be in need of loads of maintenace. The ship looks old and worn. We also had several cabin issues(closet doors, very worn furniture and general cleaning issues) and did report them. The result, some were fixed others were not. The head of house keeping we delt with made us feel like we were doing something wrong.

It is very possible for folks on the same ship to have completely different takes on the cruise. Lighten up.

I am in no way a RCI cheerleader, but I take reviews like this the same as I would of hotels that 75% of the people just love it and then that one person comes in and says its the worst place they have ever seen , not sure what went wrong , But they really got off to a bad start and everything bothered them. They may indeed have had a terrible time and i feel bad for them that stinks. But I wont let it influnence me on when I walk on the ship . I will walk on with an open mind not looking to nit pick every little thing .

Nice to see the RCI cheerleaders out in force.

I have no trouble believing the OP. By far and away the Navigator was our least favorite ship. We found it to be in need of loads of maintenace. The ship looks old and worn. We also had several cabin issues(closet doors, very worn furniture and general cleaning issues) and did report them. The result, some were fixed others were not. The head of house keeping we delt with made us feel like we were doing something wrong.

It is very possible for folks on the same ship to have completely different takes on the cruise. Lighten up.

Don't understand, either, why people jump all over anyone with complaints with the whole "I was on that cruise and *I* had no problems." Ridiculous.

I recently took the 5 night cruise from FLL on Navigator of the Seas on Feb 12th This was my 6th cruise with Royal Caribbean and have never had any complaints with them, only praise. I have recommended over 20 people to cruise with them, and at least 10 of them have gone on to become members with them. This will be the first time I plan on writing a letter with complaints about unacceptable behavior.

I wanted to recap a few details of my complaints. Many bathrooms smell of old urine, the toilets do not work, and half the bathrooms are closed with signs saying out of order. There was trash in hallways, and there were musty old smells in many areas. My room had drawers that not only did not work, but were falling off the hinges. My room mini bar had bottles that had been half drunken out of, and I had to argue that I didn't drink them!! They became mad and jerked them out the room.

I had a waiter roll his eyes at me when I asked what the ice cream of the day was, ( I never did find out what it was, I was just given rainbow sherbet) bar staff would not accept my platinum coupon for buy one get one free drink, because an edge had been torn. I never received any perks that a platinum member should receive, no robes, no gift, no invite for special parties, no special disembark area, no recognition whatsoever. And when I went to possibly book another cruise with the crown and anchor society host, she never thanked me for sailing with them, never referred to me by my name, and never asked me how I enjoyed my cruise. Even after I asked for a piece of tape to tape the edge of the coupon, all she did was give me a new coupon and say she had never heard of any problems I had encored.

I am shocked at how rude most of the staff was,even when I would tip extra for drinks, (I usually give at least an extra dollar) They would look at it and act as if I was a stingy person. I am so sad to think this is what RC has become. :(

Should have brought up these issues at the time to the appropriate staff on the ship. These are all too general and subjective to bring up to the CEO...just IMHO.

I am going on the NOS this Sat.Not being a huge cruise fan(celebrating my bff's b-day, she wanted to do it ) I still expect to have a fabulous time

If I encounter waiters who roll their eyes at requests or cabin stewards who don't attempt to solve reasonable problems I will speak up

With my wallet

Sorry to hear you did not have a great cruise. I just got off the 2/17 Navigator 4-night cruise and had an incredible time! My stateroom (D1) was in perfect shape. The bathroom sink was slow draining when we arrived and we told our room steward right away.....about an hour later the sink was fixed. Everything (minus the handrail in one elevator) was in great condition. We never smelled any musty or foul smells. We did MTD and had a great waiter and assistant waiter. We enjoyed all of the meals we had in the MDR. We did see restrooms closed periodically, but just went up or down a level to the next one....it was never really an inconvienence. We never encountered any rude staff in any of the bars/clubs/shows. Wish I was back on the Navigator right now!!

I am going on the NOS this Sat.Not being a huge cruise fan(celebrating my bff's b-day, she wanted to do it ) I still expect to have a fabulous time

If I encounter waiters who roll their eyes at requests or cabin stewards who don't attempt to solve reasonable problems I will speak up

With my wallet

LOL very good point.:)

Sorry to hear you did not have a great cruise. I just got off the 2/17 Navigator 4-night cruise and had an incredible time! My stateroom (D1) was in perfect shape. The bathroom sink was slow draining when we arrived and we told our room steward right away.....about an hour later the sink was fixed. Everything (minus the handrail in one elevator) was in great condition. We never smelled any musty or foul smells. We did MTD and had a great waiter and assistant waiter. We enjoyed all of the meals we had in the MDR. We did see restrooms closed periodically, but just went up or down a level to the next one....it was never really an inconvienence. We never encountered any rude staff in any of the bars/clubs/shows. Wish I was back on the Navigator right now!!

Glad to hear that we leave in 9 days , the whole handrail thing seems a bit odd as to why they don't fix them , but that in know way will affect our vacation.

Archived