Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport North

will773

My friend and I used this hotel a few years ago.... pre-cruise. As Monica stated...it doesn't have views of the port. But it does have pick up service from the airport to the hotel ... and from the hotel to the pier. It also has an Outback Steakhouse nearby and a shopping center area within a close walk. There is a Publix, Total Wine & More and some other restaurants and shops. So it makes it a convenient place to stay. And the rooms were nice enough too! We'll be using it again.

My friend and I used this hotel a few years ago.... pre-cruise. As Monica stated...it doesn't have views of the port. But it does have pick up service from the airport to the hotel ... and from the hotel to the pier. It also has an Outback Steakhouse nearby and a shopping center area within a close walk. There is a Publix, Total Wine & More and some other restaurants and shops. So it makes it a convenient place to stay. And the rooms were nice enough too! We'll be using it again.

Read somewhere just recently that they plan to start charging for the port shuttle starting sometime in March (just remember thinking 'we are feb. so all is fine')

Read your post and was going to call them. Went to their website and found the following. Thankfully. we're using them in March!

• Shuttle service to airport, cruise port and Broward Convention Center available
  • Beginning April 1, 2011, transportation to the Port Everglades (cruise port) will be $6/person. Service available for drop off only

As I am writing this, i am sitting in room 312 at the Hyatt Place North.

Our cruise is on CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION, Feb. 26th.

No Hotel for vaccation, but for a pre cruise stay absolutly ok.

We flew from Germany to MIA and took a taxi.

At this time there was very bad traffic and we neededlittle more than one hour from MIA to the hotel.

We had Dinner at the OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE round the corner at 7:30 PM

Not fancy but very convenient for us.

Germany is six hours ahead of local time, so we were very tired and not in the mood for a restaurant far away. There are a lot o places to eat in walking distance.

We both had a ribeye steak which was very good.

So, now it´s off to the Ship.

As I am writing this, i am sitting in room 312 at the Hyatt Place North.

Our cruise is on CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION, Feb. 26th.

No Hotel for vaccation, but for a pre cruise stay absolutly ok.

We flew from Germany to MIA and took a taxi.

At this time there was very bad traffic and we neededlittle more than one hour from MIA to the hotel.

We had Dinner at the OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE round the corner at 7:30 PM

Not fancy but very convenient for us.

Germany is six hours ahead of local time, so we were very tired and not in the mood for a restaurant far away. There are a lot o places to eat in walking distance.

We both had a ribeye steak which was very good.

So, now it´s off to the Ship.

Michael...

Your English, grammar and punctuation is much better than many native English speakers. I only wish I could read and write in another language.

For future reference you might consider a shared shuttle service or a car rental (provided you have a good GPS) from MIA. I'm sure the taxi wasn't cheap. Even a private car (Larry's Limos) isn't any more expensive than a taxi and it's a flat charge rather than a metered fare which can increase in heavy traffic.

Enjoy your cruise!

I think we are going to book this hotel for Jan 2012. For the past few years we have stayed at the Renaissance but they are pretty much sold out on a contract for our night and the very best rate we can get is $199 which is causing us to pause and look at alternatives. We are also only staying the one night in Jan.

There are tons of reviews for the Hyatt North as it is very popular with cruisers. We have stayed here many times and think it is a great place. We book thru this site, most times.

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

They have free shuttle service from the airiport to the hotel. They will, as stated begin charging for service to port. Not a big deal for us as we always grab a taxi to port instead of waiting on the shuttle. There is free continental breakfast and an Outback next door. If you go out the back door, about a block down the street, turn left into a parking lot which is part of a shopping complex with other places to dine, etc. Very short walk. The shuttle drivers name is Stuart, who is great and will drop you off at the beach, water taxi (tip), when he is not busy. They are very nice there. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1356327&highlight=hyatt+north

In addition to value trips ... check Costco for gift certificates to Hyatt. In December 2010, we purchased 2 $100 gift certificates for $80 each. Our hotel stay came out to $100 total each night which included taxes.

We ate/shopped at the convenient Harbor Shops across the street from the Hyatt (janetz gave the directions above).

We also walked (about a mile) to the water taxi (Convention Center stop). Highly recommend!!

This may be a dumb question but did they have free shamppo/conditioner etc in the room and how was the product? The one thing I dislike baout flying in a day precruise is the unpacking and repacking, esp with kids. I was hoping to use thier free products if they were ok. Thoughts????

This may be a dumb question but did they have free shamppo/conditioner etc in the room and how was the product? The one thing I dislike baout flying in a day precruise is the unpacking and repacking, esp with kids. I was hoping to use thier free products if they were ok. Thoughts????

Yes, they did have the free shampoo & conditioner and bar soap (no gel). They seemed ok to me--comparable to other hotel chains.

Marge

I think we are going to book this hotel for Jan 2012. For the past few years we have stayed at the Renaissance but they are pretty much sold out on a contract for our night and the very best rate we can get is $199 which is causing us to pause and look at alternatives. We are also only staying the one night in Jan.

Have you tried Priceline for the Renaissance? I secured it for Mar 7 and 28, 2011 for $80 and some others have got it for $66.

Try priceline. We just won a room for $50 + tax for Hyatt Place Airport North in FLL for pre-cruise stay in May.

I've also stayed at the Hyatt Place FLL airport North for several of my cruises.

The hotel is near quite a bit. You have Outback right next to the hotel. You are close to a Publix supermarket with a great deil. You are also close to several beaches and a quick drive to downtown.

You are close to the trolley and can still access alot without a car rental.

The van service is about five minutes from the pier. A word of note, if you are heading to port on a day with several ships and want to use the van, sign for the time you want early. They do check the names to ensure fairness on the times on busy days.

If you want to catch a taxi, they are easy available.

The staff are great and helpful. Each time I had a question or concern, they had no problem helping me.

Here are some photos of my room.

I had a room with double beds. Very comfy!

2427264740100919633S500x500Q85.jpg

I just love the couch and great spot to watch football that Sunday night :D!

2425526330100919633S500x500Q85.jpg

Great large tv

2398856360100919633S500x500Q85.jpg

bathroom vanity area.

2692851830100919633S500x500Q85.jpg

I hope this helps!

Archived