Cirque Dreams & Dinner on EPIC

I think the show is acceptable for a 9 year old. They will enjoy the acrobatic acts and will probably not understand 99% of the dialogue part (of which there is a lot). There is some minor sexual innuendo that will likely not be understood by a child of that age, I would think. I'm 48 and often could not understand what they were talking about and/or found it so uninteresting that I was mostly looking at the audience, costumes, light fixtures, and my fork.

We had two 9 year olds with us and they enjoyed the performers, but like others said we found the overall theme and dialogue to be boring. They need to find a better way to fill the gaps between acrobats (although the bells were cool)

We sat upstairs and had a perfect view of the show. They were the "cheap seats", but a heck of a lot better than sitting in a back table downstairs where you might have trouble seeing.

The food was very very good but very small portions. I see it being equally yummy to kids and adults alike. It even comes with cupcake desserts so it is really kid friendly.

The show is very fast paced with lots of great and close acrobats. I dont see kids being bored at all. I am 40 and the plot was over my head and did not pay attention to it. I guess I kept avoiding eye contact because I did not want them to pick me for any acts :)

They grab people to participate in the show. I thought it was the best show I have seen on any cruise ships. The acrobats are amazing and they really went out for really wild and colorful costumes. I would say it is a must see for ALL ages.

There are no bad seats in the show. We were in a suite and got let inside early. We grabbed a table but when the venue was full, I looked around. I would have gladly swithced seats with anyone. All seats are good. I was not in upper seating but even they had great seats. But the eye contact is on the floor which gives you very intimate contact with the performers. The acrobats fly over you. Just an excellent show!

I think the show is acceptable for a 9 year old. They will enjoy the acrobatic acts and will probably not understand 99% of the dialogue part (of which there is a lot). There is some minor sexual innuendo that will likely not be understood by a child of that age, I would think. I'm 48 and often could not understand what they were talking about and/or found it so uninteresting that I was mostly looking at the audience, costumes, light fixtures, and my fork.

Very well said although I certainly wasn't looking at my fork when the man in the tub was on stage. LOL.;):):D

My DW and I had great seats on the lower level. There are some booths that looked comfortable but I would think one might miss much of the show. We had friends do upper level $20 seats and loved the show. They had a great view of everything.

We enjoyed the performers and costumes, the script was a bit contrived, and to us the food was probably the worst meal we had in two weeks on the ship. The food tasted like it typical catering to a large group in a hotel conference. The steak was almost cool to the touch and prepared to near well done. The desserts were passable and crabcake was quite good. My wife had the salmon which she said was very dry and only ate a few bites.

With that said we felt the show was a lot of fun and would do it again. The performers are really quite good acrobats and accomplish a lot within a very small footprint.

Is the dialogue in french or english? Do the wait staff check on you to see how your meals are so you are given an opportunity to have your meal redone to your satifaction?

English. The main course is a piece of brown beef and a couple of overcooked shrimp. I don't think complaining would result in any improvement.

I got the vegetarian dish and it was ravioli. Much better IMO than the beef and shrimp in which I do not like. The waitress asked the kids at our table if they wanted to order off the kids menu. I do not know if they do this every show, but I thought that was great! I liked the show a lot and had the main floor seats, Not sure if you would see everything going on in the the upper seats, but you would not be chosen to do the stuff with the show. Have fun!

The upper level seats are sold at the lower price level. I'm not sure if some of the lower level seats are also sold at that level or not. But the upper level seats were still very good. What I liked about the upper level is that you are looking at the show with zero chance of someone blocking your view. You are peering down and out at the stage area. There is a small glass wall in front of you that prevents you from pushing your dinner utensils down on to the floor below you. This glass wall is maybe 12-18 inches high. Depending on your height, you may need to look thru this glass wall to see some things. Or you can lean forward to look over the wall if you're tall enough. But we found the view to be just fine for most of the action. There were a couple times when there might be multiple people doing things below, where one of them might be out of your view because they are somewhat directly below you. But as near as I could tell, there was always someone else on the stage to look at at that point -- there were 5 other plate spinners to look at, so missing one of them wasn't a big deal. All the focused one/two-person acts take place in the middle area for all to see.

Archived