Luggage Scanning: Alcohol and Irons

C 2 C

I had two bottles of wine in my luggage for Jan 15 Eclipse, about 5pm received phone message stating something about cannot tell if bottles are wine or hard liquor, and go to 2 aft to collect bag. Just learned I was in the Naughty Room :eek: yes, there was a line, and yes had to wait for people ahead of me to give up the hard liquor they were trying to take onboard, for which receipt was given, but it wasn't too painful an experience either. Easy to find my bag, Unwrapped wine, put back in bag, and they offered porter to take bag to room. Was unpacked before dinner..a minor delay, acceptable If you don't want to hand carry heavy items around ship before cabin is ready, but best to be avoided if want bag in room as soon as possible.

I also saw passengers who were called to the Guest Relations area to open their suitcases and remove the liquor and the irons. One man asked if he could just take his suitcase to his room and return the iron to the Front Desk later. Nope, he had to open the suitcase there in front of us all and go through it to find the items. Not everyone will be caught. But some will.....

Well everyone knows that irons are a no no so why do they keep bringing them to endanger the lives of fellow passengers and to the ship as well.

Possibly, possibly not. There really isn't any way of telling ahead of time. The policy states that you are not allowed to bring liquor aboard except at initial embarkation. There are personnel stationed at security when you enter the ship to take your liquor, tag it, and store it for you until you disembark. Some people have reported that they have not been asked to relinquish their liquor. YMMV.

Archived