Navigator 3/31. This Ship is EMPTY!!! What Gives?

will773

I don't believe I have ever seen such an empty ship, so close to departure! This cruise is only a month away and there has to be hundreds of cabins still available.

It appears that this cruise is so empty that BALCONIES ARE CHEAPER THAN INTERIORS AND OCEANVIEWS, even Junior Suites are cheaper than some oceanview categories!!! This is crazy, there has to be well over 20 cabins left in every category (minus interior, excluding Promenade staterooms -still tons of those left!) The website shows the generic 20 or so cabins for each category of Balcony stateroom, so I'm guessing there's probably over a hundred of them left.

There still shows to be will over 20 Junior suites still available (I guess that's all they show you without having to search for each stateroom individually), and of the 22 total Grand suites onboard, 14 are still available. There are also two Owners suites still available as well as the Royal Suite.

They are offering guarantee cabins for every category, but the ship still seems surprisingly empty, and the sailing is only a month away!

I don't believe I have ever seen such an empty ship, so close to departure! This cruise is only a month away and there has to be hundreds of cabins still available.

It appears that this cruise is so empty that BALCONIES ARE CHEAPER THAN INTERIORS AND OCEANVIEWS, even Junior Suites are cheaper than some oceanview categories!!! This is crazy, there has to be well over 20 cabins left in every category (minus interior, excluding Promenade staterooms -still tons of those left!) The website shows the generic 20 or so cabins for each category of Balcony stateroom, so I'm guessing there's probably over a hundred of them left.

There still shows to be will over 20 Junior suites still available (I guess that's all they show you without having to search for each stateroom individually), and of the 22 total Grand suites onboard, 14 are still available. There are also two Owners suites still available as well as the Royal Suite.

They are offering guarantee cabins for every category, but the ship still seems surprisingly empty, and the sailing is only a month away!

Not sure what your looking at but the prices look about right for the NOS heck I on the NOS in Dec and was in a JS it cost me $499 the prices for March are $160 more then what I paid. Most short range cruises tend to fill up closer with locals and with deals. The rates are good but I have seen much better

OP, what website are you looking at that shows how full the ship is? Please share the link/url with us.

I'm just looking straight off of the RCCL website.

And I'm not saying that it is cheap or expensive, just noting that Junior suites are priced lower than oceanview cabins. I found that to be interesting.

Will they be able to sell enough over the next month to fill up this cruise, even with the locals?

I'm just looking straight off of the RCCL website.

And I'm not saying that it is cheap or expensive, just noting that Junior suites are priced lower than oceanview cabins. I found that to be interesting.

Will they be able to sell enough over the next month to fill up this cruise, even with the locals?

You must be looking at the tap on top of the cruise which is showing $339 that is for an inside cabin. OV for that cruise is $349, balcony is $419 and JS are $659 I just checked on the RCL Website.

Well if they see the cruise is not selling I am sure they will discount the cruise on the Tuesday specials or put in a senior and resdient rate to drive cabin sales.. If the rate went down real low I would jump on it. I love the NOS

I just checked my site and there does seem to be PLENTY of availability, but I have seen availability like this go in a hurry (like in one day). :eek:

Prices are not too bad either, but you have to consider that this is a 4 day cruise. The JS are selling for more than the OV's, however.

Interior Stateroom Guarantee (Z) Inside 339.00 Select

Oceanview Stateroom Guarantee (Y) Oceanview 349.00 Select

Interior Stateroom (L) Inside 367.00 Select

Promenade Stateroom (PR) Inside 404.00 Select

Balcony Stateroom Guarantee (X) Balcony 419.00 Select

Oceanview Stateroom (H) Oceanview 434.00 Select

Oceanview Stateroom (G) Oceanview 449.00 Select

Interior Stateroom (Q) Inside 459.00 Select

Interior Stateroom (N) Inside 469.00 Select

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D3) Balcony 539.00 Select

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D2) Balcony 547.00 Select

Oceanview Stateroom (I) Oceanview 559.00 Select

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D1) Balcony 562.00 Select

Large Oceanview Stateroom (F) Oceanview 629.00 Select

Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee (W) Oceanview 659.00 Select

Junior Suite w/ Balcony (JS) Suite 807.00 Select

Grand Suite with Balcony (GS) Suite 1249.00 Select

Owner's Suite with Balcony (OS) Suite 1549.00 Select

Royal Suite with Balcony (RS) Suite 2049.00

We are on the 3/31 NOS cruies and have already taken advantage of the balcony guarantee moving from an inside and our friends have moved from an inside to a promenade cabin. I am hoping it remains empty and we are upgraded (fingers crossed)!

It's not totally empty - I am on it also :) I have been watching it closely, and it has consistently been the lowest-priced Navigator sailing for Feb-April. I think it is partially because the date is in between college spring breaks and elementary/high school spring breaks (which is the reason I chose this date). This weekend, though, I see some prices that have risen; the interior guarantees that were $249 at the beginning of February are now $339, the balconies have crept up from $399 to $419. I changed cabins two weeks ago, and the list of cabins that I carefully considered then hasn't changed - it looks like they are all still available. I've never been on a cruise that wasn't full - what would be different?

Hi Zoey,

I am hoping the suite guarantees drop in price. We have taken advantage of a suite guarantee before on the Monarch and received a grand suite in the same type of situation where the ship was not sailing full.

I guess we will just have to keep a close watch on it and see if the prices drop and further.

I called RCCL to switch some cabins yesterday for a May 14th sailing. We have adjoining rooms - only one with a hideaway couch. While there are only 2 people in each room, we wanted to switch the "couple" that had the hideaway in their room. Anywho... when I called, the guy (Alan) told me that ocean view balcony staterooms were completely sold out on that sailing and he'd be unable to help me. We were booked in a D2. He said, in order to do it... he's have to make a "dummy" reservation to hold 2 of the passengers, and he just couldn't find any ocean view balcony staterooms - in any class.

When I look at the RCCL website, not only are their D2s, but numerous other categories. I don't know if this guy knows something I don't know, or maybe the RCCL website oversells?? Capacity control perhaps. Not sure, but in any case I was a little annoyed - not only about this, but the darn rep could not stay on track. 13 minutes on the phone while he told me about the cupcake shop...etc. Was just looking to switch rooms buddy, and in the end he couldn't help me. No big deal - I am going on vacation so I'm happy!

Hi Zoey,

I am hoping the suite guarantees drop in price. We have taken advantage of a suite guarantee before on the Monarch and received a grand suite in the same type of situation where the ship was not sailing full.

I guess we will just have to keep a close watch on it and see if the prices drop and further.

I enjoy checking prices daily, and with only 31 days before we sail, this should be interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about upgrades, though, because we are trying a promenade for the first time and looking forward to it. I have a center hump balcony on the Liberty for next year at this time and wouldn't want to do the promenade on a longer cruise, so I don't know what would catch my attention enough to upgrade. Love trying new categories and new ships.

It's not totally empty - I am on it also :) I have been watching it closely, and it has consistently been the lowest-priced Navigator sailing for Feb-April. I think it is partially because the date is in between college spring breaks and elementary/high school spring breaks (which is the reason I chose this date). This weekend, though, I see some prices that have risen; the interior guarantees that were $249 at the beginning of February are now $339, the balconies have crept up from $399 to $419. I changed cabins two weeks ago, and the list of cabins that I carefully considered then hasn't changed - it looks like they are all still available. I've never been on a cruise that wasn't full - what would be different?

I'm looking into this cruise and I have to agree that this seems to be very unusual. I know that this is only a four day sailing to one port, but I would at least expect there to have been a few cabins sold recently. I guess we will find out.

My best friend and her family disembarked NOS this morning. They thought the food was not great compared to past cruises on RCCL. Alot of reviews have mentioned this as well. Maybe that's why.....LOL With those prices though, I would be on that ship!!;)

Just looked again. The Royal Suite appears to be booked, but now three of the four Royal Family Suites are available.

There was another strange thing. When I looked up category D1 for two people, only three cabins showed up, all on deck 6. When I changed it to three people, tons more cabins showed up and were on all decks. Is this normal?

Just looked again. The Royal Suite appears to be booked, but now three of the four Royal Family Suites are available.

There was another strange thing. When I looked up category D1 for two people, only three cabins showed up, all on deck 6. When I changed it to three people, tons more cabins showed up and were on all decks. Is this normal?

Maybe they have some dedicated for 3 or more guests? Although, yeah that seems strange since You'd think anything that would fit 3 people would fit two...

We booked this cruise when the inside guarantee were $249. Would love to upgrade to a balcony, but even though the price is good for those wanting to book now, I am not willing to pay the $170 pp increase to the balcony.

While I love the balconies, this is a girls only cruise and no reason to waste any money on a balcony when there are so many drinks to buy!!

Will keep watching for something to come down more!!

We booked this cruise when the inside guarantee were $249. Would love to upgrade to a balcony, but even though the price is good for those wanting to book now, I am not willing to pay the $170 pp increase to the balcony.

While I love the balconies, this is a girls only cruise and no reason to waste any money on a balcony when there are so many drinks to buy!!

Will keep watching for something to come down more!!

That's still a great deal! I'm just surprised that there are still so many staterooms available.

Archived