Cruise Ship Rating - Help With Univerisity Project

Peterwicz

Hi there,

My name is Pete and I'm currently studying Naval Architecture at the University of Southampton (England).

As part of my dissertation project, I am looking at rating cruise ships with passenger feedback in order to rank them for design purposes. ( I am building a design history tool that will use certain parameters to search a database of past vessels and pull up similar existing projects - in order to ensure that only the best designs are brought up, I need your feedback).

I would very much appreciate it if you would be able to take the time to fill out the following shot survey

http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=7a44e86f-3291-4983-8aec-2db1230e2433

Thanking you all in advance,

Pete

Just about every time someone comes here with a survey, they always promise they'll share their results, they'll let us know how they did on their project etc and we never hear from them again.

Sadly, because of the insincerity of others in the past.........

Good luck with your project. Hope it goes well.

Dear all,

Thank you for taking the time to fill the questionnaire in.

I appreciate that the choice of vessels is limited. I have had to choose ones for which detailed, viable, technical data is readily available (cruise companies are quite restrictive when it comes to detailed technical data and wikipedia is frowned upon when it comes to dissertations).

The questions all relate to specific parameters.

For example, a vessel's sea-keeping is among others, related to a vessel's length to breadth ratio, vibration will be related to the choice of machinery (propeller position, speed, direction of rotation, etc.), crew availability to passenger to crew ratio.

Thank you all again for taking the time to complete the survey

Regards,

Pete

Archived