formal night food

cantfindaname

As others have noted it's on those nights that certain things appear on the menu. Now its a seperate question as to whether those items themselves taste better because I'm in my moneky suit or that I like them better than the offerings on other night.

The reality its still frozen and cooked and served to about a thousand people give or take a few minutes.

is the food on the formal nights much different than the regular nights in anytime dining. is it worth it to get dressed up for it

Also, the menu is exactly the same in the Anytime dining room(s) as the Traditional, fixed seating dining room. So if you don't like the menu, you can go to a specialty restaurant or the buffet. They post the dinner menus by mid-day outside the dining rooms.

On our cruise last year on the Royal (14 days) the first two formal night menu's were just average and we skipped the third one.

We just got off a 14 day cruise on the Grand and it the menus the first two formal nights were nothing special. We did go for the third one and the lobster and prawns - but I'm not sure it's worth dressing up for 3 mouthfuls of lobster (they are very small). If you enjoy dressing up anyway the last formal night menu is at least a bit more special than the others in our experience.

On our cruise last year on the Royal (14 days) the first two formal night menu's were just average and we skipped the third one.

We just got off a 14 day cruise on the Grand and it the menus the first two formal nights were nothing special. We did go for the third one and the lobster and prawns - but I'm not sure it's worth dressing up for 3 mouthfuls of lobster (they are very small). If you enjoy dressing up anyway the last formal night menu is at least a bit more special than the others in our experience.

i do have to agree with you.:D We still enjoy sailing on Princess and like the idea of a tradition of Formal Dress.

Hugh:)

I think it's nice to get dressed up every now and then, even if it's just for two dinners on a cruise ship. In our everyday lives we rarely get the opportunity.

OP asked if it's worth it. The answer is subjective. If it has meaning for you, and if it's something you think you'd enjoy, then it's worth it. For those who go on cruises to get away from dressing up, then it won't be worth it. Only you can answer that question. :)

Archived