Le Cirque

Mfanwy

It seems to be hit or miss. We went to the Le Circque dinner on the Niew Amsterdam New Year's cruise. My husband and I got the steak.It was good but not any better than the steak on the regular Pinnacle menu. Friends got the fish and said that it was dried out. The dinner was not anything special. I think that Le Cirque may be somewhat mortified at what is being served in their name.

• 4 weeks later...

We are signed up for this on our upcoming Alaska cruise for our anniversary dinner. I am really looking forward to it, as it looks really unique. The pictures I have seen of the composed lobster salad look worth the price of admission alone, and I love wine pairing dinners.

I am wondering how many people get to make reservations for this? I have heard it is kept small, which sounds very nice and intimate.

We are signed up for this on our upcoming Alaska cruise for our anniversary dinner. I am really looking forward to it, as it looks really unique. The pictures I have seen of the composed lobster salad look worth the price of admission alone, and I love wine pairing dinners.

I am wondering how many people get to make reservations for this? I have heard it is kept small, which sounds very nice and intimate.

i am not certain as to how many people it is limited to -- but on our cruise we were the 5:30 group and there were about 50 of us for that seating -- at 6 another small group came in, etc.

also the pinnacle on the smaller ships is smaller and can't handle as many people as the larger ships

happy anniversary

I am thinking of reserving the night at le Cirque, however, it will be on the second formal night. I always assume a formal night always has better food. So on the top of the $39 plus wine, the opportunity cost is the formal night.

Should I continue with my plan at le Cirque or skip it to go to the MDR for the formal night?

Friends got the fish and said that it was dried out. The dinner was not anything special. I think that Le Cirque may be somewhat mortified at what is being served in their name.

Le Cirque would be mortified at dried out fish,as well as most restaurants. That is just a plain failure in execution and inexcusable.

We are going to give it a try on our upcoming Veendam Bermuda cruise. It will be a week after our 27th wedding anniversary so we are planning celebrating at Le Cirque alone. Our moms (also sailing with us) are planning a quite dinner in that evening in our PS. Sounds like a perfect evening for both.

Archived