Nieuw Amsterdam fans... this is for you (video)

PortFever

David, I actually watched it Live while at work Sunday, it was a slow Sunday :o

I love that Captain Mercer was blowing the horn :D

Well not this next Sunday but the next will be us and Lou already has us set up for the Web Cam Wave and I will be getting a Banner from him :)

Hey I am one of those Nieuw Amsterdam fans and this was fun to watch. Two weeks ago as this was happening I was in the Half Moon Room Celebrating Holy Mass. That time we didn't back in and so we had to back out. We were the second out and only the Celebrity Solstice went out before us. The NA looks massive but next to the Solstice we don't look that big and next to the Allure of the Seas, the NA actually looks tiny. The Allure is in the background of your tape.

David: Thank You for sharing it with the Nieuw Amsterdam fans.

David, I actually watched it Live while at work Sunday, it was a slow Sunday :o

I love that Captain Mercer was blowing the horn :D

Well not this next Sunday but the next will be us and Lou already has us set up for the Web Cam Wave and I will be getting a Banner from him :)

I watched the video in hopes of hearing the horn, but they had a song over it. :( Sad. LOL.

I miss her! Been since October! I need to visit her again! Preferably in the mediterranean lol.

This might be a long shot, but is this a video of the beverage staff having a good time on the Nieuw Amsterdam? I don't recognize the room they are in...

If it is them, good to see they get to kick back every once in a while!

Wow another interesting video, of the first water to touch our ship :-)

How neat is that! I love the internet. Can you imagine how many things we get to see nowadays that we never would have had ability to before? Wonderful.

Our daughter and son in law our on this sailing. I looked and looked for them but could not find them in the video.

She had texted me that Allure of the Seas is "huuuuuuuuuuuuuge!!!"

Thanks for sharing this.

I watched the video in hopes of hearing the horn, but they had a song over it. :( Sad. LOL.

I miss her! Been since October! I need to visit her again! Preferably in the mediterranean lol.

Yes that is unfortunate that the music played over the sound of the horn, but trust me the NA blew her horn several times :D

Yes that is unfortunate that the music played over the sound of the horn, but trust me the NA blew her horn several times :D

Thanks everyone. Glad you have been enjoying the video.

Just a note about the sound...

This video was recorded with no soundtrack and the music was added later. We didn't obliterate the horn sounds and would not do that. As Lisa mentioned, they happened and we absolutely include them in our live webcam broadcasts.

Will we include live sound in future video recordings? Well... you never know! ;)

David.

• 2 weeks later...

@PortFever Is there any way at all to see/obtain a video of the Nieuw Amsterdam Sail Away on Feb 27, 2011? Our kids in Los Angeles saw us waving to them for quite a long time and I would love it if there was a video of it. Thanks in advance for your consideration. They were able to take a photo of the computer monitor, but I would love to have the video is it is available.

50484444_SailAway.jpg.f8fc67711e8b16ca29d941ea81d43711.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this! We were onboard and waving like crazy, but they don't seem to pick up on the 4th deck... One thing I noticed during this sailaway that I hadn't before were the 2 Coastguard vessels that were on either side of us with machine guns at their bow. Is this normal?

Lvz2cruz, I believe I met your daughter and son-in-law on our excursion in St. Maarten's. They are a very lovely couple!

Rachel

Thank you so much for posting this! We were onboard and waving like crazy, but they don't seem to pick up on the 4th deck... One thing I noticed during this sailaway that I hadn't before were the 2 Coastguard vessels that were on either side of us with machine guns at their bow. Is this normal?

Lvz2cruz, I believe I met your daughter and son-in-law on our excursion in St. Maarten's. They are a very lovely couple!

Rachel

We were on that cruise as well and I wondered why the two Coast Guard vessels were there.

Archived