Summit - best inside cabins?

pinma

Are there more or less desirable inside cabins on the Summit? We're considering deck 7. Any pros or con to that deck? I'm thinking it'll be nice to be in the 'middle' of things having been on deck 2 (midship and aft) in the past (OV, other ships).

Midship is nice, and close to the elevators.

on deck 7 forward 7032 is wheelchair accessible and a little larger.

7210 is AFT and by itself as well as deck 8 8174 if you prefer some privacy without other cabins on either side of you

Charlie

Since you are not looking for a view/balcony, close to a elevator is nice if you need them.

Most of food is aft (back 1/3 of ship) and the spa/gym/T pool is forward. We have tended to be aft, but that is because we were CC category most times.

Next up, looking to be forward and not CC, but a balcony.

....7210 is AFT and by itself as well as deck 8 8174 if you prefer some privacy without other cabins on either side of you

Those solo cabins (7210) have crew areas around them, so they could be noisier than having regular cabins on either side. (possibly storage for housekeeping carts which would be rolled out early, ice machines, laundry and dishwashing equipment, crew stairwells- usually metal without rugs)

We had an inside on the Connie and have an inside on deck 7 on the Summit in July; we'll post about our cruise here on Cruise Critic. Is there anything in particular that you'd like to know about insides?

If it were me, even though it's been a while since we sailed in an inside, my first choice would be close to the elevators (preferably midship). I'd want a spot convenient to getting to other places on the ship - especially up to deck 10 or 11 for getting outside. Second choice would either be a floor close to a floor I'd frequent so I could take the stairs without having too much climbing.

JerseyGem - we've never done an inside but are looking to use the savings to upgrade dining and do a bev package. I'd like quiet and to avoid a long long walk to the stairs.

Yogimax - tell me about it! Last month we were in the most aft OV on the Enchantment of the Seas. That took some getting used to. DH booked that one. Not sure what he was thinking! Sure did a loooooooooot of walking those 9 days!

Are there more or less desirable inside cabins on the Summit? We're considering deck 7. Any pros or con to that deck? I'm thinking it'll be nice to be in the 'middle' of things having been on deck 2 (midship and aft) in the past (OV, other ships).

Personally, I like the cabins on deck 3 if I am doing insides or windows.

They are behind (or in front depending on which way you are looking;))

Guest Relations. The hallway is quiet with elevators forward and the

glass midship elevators are there too, along with the main staircase.

Guest Relations, Shore Excursions, Concierge are all right there as well.

I just had 3104 (it is a window) but would book one of the insides

in this same location too.

I would have expected deck 3 to be sort of noisy. Interesting to hear that it isn't. An inside there certainly would put me close to the action. Hmmmm.

It was not noisy at all.:) The Hallway behind Guest Relations is away

from the main area but close enough to be there quickly if you need

anything. (If that makes sense). It was one of my best cabins:)

That's nice to know. are there post-solsticization deck plans out yet? I'd love to be an easy jaunt from the cova cafe (whatever the new name is).

I wish the Bermuda cruises would be posted! I'm getting anxious to book!

After all of that DH went and said 'do whatever you want, really' so I did! I have courtesy holds on 7001 and 7003 until he has time to take a look at them and see what he thinks. Price difference is just shy of $400 for the week. Worth it?

After all of that DH went and said 'do whatever you want, really' so I did! I have courtesy holds on 7001 and 7003 until he has time to take a look at them and see what he thinks. Price difference is just shy of $400 for the week. Worth it?

Ahhh...well, I had 7001 last year and it is larger in size and the window

is bigger too. Worth 400.00 more? Only you can answer that one..but

the cabins are quite a bit larger than a regular window.

7123, 7119 and 7115. Those would be my first 3 choices. We've stayed in all three - of course not at the same time but on different cruises. Vista Deck is the best for inside cabins.

You do not want cabin 7063. It was one of the worst cabins we ever had. Actually I think it was the worst. It was VERY noisy and even my husband complained and we complained to guest services but there was nothing they could do.

Archived