Summit 7001 vs 7003 vs inside???

pinma

I'm so excited! The cruises for July 2012 opened today and we get our pick of cabins. I have courtesy holds on 7001 and 7003 since DH said 'do whatever you want, really' (and I know him that means he trusts me to be 'reasonable' - the $400 jump to OV is reasonable for us but the $960 price jump to a verandah is too much).

So.... I've got holds on those 2 rooms or could let them both go and choose an inside.

Any advice on one of those rooms over the other?

Any reason they might NOT be worth $400 more than an inside elsewhere?

There will be to of us celebrating our 40th anniversaries a bit late. We've cruised just twice before with 4 of us in a single oceanview stateroom on deck 2. Our first was midship deck 2 on the Millenium and we had no complaints at all about the room. Our second was alllllllllllllll the way aft on deck 2 on the Enchantment of the Seas (Royal Carribean) and I got really tired of walking alllllllllllll the way back there from the pool deck and while the vibration was annoying we got used to it. We both had some seasickness issues on our first cruise but none at all on our second even when our daughter was slightly bothered. The potential for seasickness is the only drawback I can think of for this room. Even the long walk (which I think will not be as long????) shouldn't be an issue since without kids I suspect we won't need to be back to the room quite so often.

Anyone have any idea how far the walk will be from these rooms to the new incarnation of the Cova Cafe?

I'm so excited! The cruises for July 2012 opened today and we get our pick of cabins. I have courtesy holds on 7001 and 7003 since DH said 'do whatever you want, really' (and I know him that means he trusts me to be 'reasonable' - the $400 jump to OV is reasonable for us but the $960 price jump to a verandah is too much).

So.... I've got holds on those 2 rooms or could let them both go and choose an inside.

Any advice on one of those rooms over the other?

Any reason they might NOT be worth $400 more than an inside elsewhere?

There will be to of us celebrating our 40th anniversaries a bit late. We've cruised just twice before with 4 of us in a single oceanview stateroom on deck 2. Our first was midship deck 2 on the Millenium and we had no complaints at all about the room. Our second was alllllllllllllll the way aft on deck 2 on the Enchantment of the Seas (Royal Carribean) and I got really tired of walking alllllllllllll the way back there from the pool deck and while the vibration was annoying we got used to it. We both had some seasickness issues on our first cruise but none at all on our second even when our daughter was slightly bothered. The potential for seasickness is the only drawback I can think of for this room. Even the long walk (which I think will not be as long????) shouldn't be an issue since without kids I suspect we won't need to be back to the room quite so often.

Anyone have any idea how far the walk will be from these rooms to the new incarnation of the Cova Cafe?

Hi,:) Happy Anniversary:D I had 7001 last year and loved it. Larger

in both size of the cabin and the window is larger too:)

LOL! I goofed! We're celebrating our 40th birthdays. Only our 15th anniversary. (I obviously had that on my mind too.) I just put myself a generation ahead. I sure HOPE we are able to celebrate our 40th anniversary on a cruise ship :-)

Lois - I saw your pictures a while back. That's why 7001 was on my radar. I loved the nice big window and the placement of the bed. Where was the TV relative to the bed? Left, right? How big of an angle? I assume these rooms won't change much in dry dock.

Lois - I saw your pictures a while back. That's why 7001 was on my radar. I loved the nice big window and the placement of the bed. Where was the TV relative to the bed? Left, right? How big of an angle? I assume these rooms won't change much in dry dock.

The tv is to the left of the window.:) Gotta go back to work....:rolleyes:

Have a good rest of your day:)

YVR cruiser - Thank you for the picture! I've been wondering how those side rooms are laid out. I'm going to have DH look at your picture and LoisR's. He 'let' me upgrade to OV so I'll let him pick.

Hi

Last year we cruised and had both cabins!

My mother and kids stayed on 7003

And my DW and I stayed in 7001.

They are both huge rooms looking to the front of the ship.

The shape in 7003 is a litle odd but the space is actually larger in that room.

Also as you walk into 7003 you have the closet and bathroom in that entrance area. Then as you walk to the left the spacious room. The window is also large

And has a knook we used to store our beach bags.

Room 7001 us just a large room the shape is regular.

The bed is to your right as you walk into the room. Bathroom is on the left of the door. You can lay in bed with 4 pillows and have a nice view of where the ship is heading!

We really liked both rooms!

It is also at the end of the hallway so it is very quiet!

There is no entry to the other side (7000) between 7000 and 7001 is a crew entrance.

Good luck picking!

Really can't go wrong!

Ed

Have been in the room next to the crew entry and I could occasionally hear the metallic sound of the door closing, also could hear a person going up and down the stairs if the door was propped open, (which it shouldn't have been but occasionally was), so I would opt for the rooms that aren't right next to the door, myself.

Thank you! What do you mean there is no entry to 7000? The hallway dead ends there with a crew entry? Is there noise from the crew entry?

It was very quiet by 7001.:)

Lois, I just upgraded to 8002 and am now worried if I made a mistake....do you feel a lot of motion in these cabins? I know the bow is more prone to motion, but am hoping that the Caribbean waters will be calm enough. :confused:

Lois, I just upgraded to 8002 and am now worried if I made a mistake....do you feel a lot of motion in these cabins? I know the bow is more prone to motion, but am hoping that the Caribbean waters will be calm enough. :confused:

Good morning:)...to be honest, yes there is more motion all the way

forward but no, it did not bother me. ArubaGal...Lisa? good to see you

again:)..you are going on Summit in a week? Have a wonderful time:D

Good morning:)...to be honest, yes there is more motion all the way

forward but no, it did not bother me. ArubaGal...Lisa? good to see you

again:)..you are going on Summit in a week? Have a wonderful time:D

No, not Lisa, sorry...I think she is Arubalisa....have seen her on here before, and on other Aruba sites. We have 2 weeks timeshare in Aruba and live for it!! Throw in a cruise every year or two, and life is good!

No, not Lisa, sorry...I think she is Arubalisa....have seen her on here before, and on other Aruba sites. We have 2 weeks timeshare in Aruba and live for it!! Throw in a cruise every year or two, and life is good!

Hi,:) oh you are right...sorry for the confusion. But I do hope

you have a wonderful cruise:D

LOL! I goofed! We're celebrating our 40th birthdays. Only our 15th anniversary. (I obviously had that on my mind too.) I just put myself a generation ahead. I sure HOPE we are able to celebrate our 40th anniversary on a cruise ship :-)

I'm glad you clarrified that it was a 40th birthday and not a 40th anniversary cruise!!!!

I was really thinking how do these people have "such little kids" that they have to tote them back and forth to the room if they are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary....... or if they are "not that little" like in their 30's or so.... why are all four of them in a room?

I just kept thinking "that poor woman"!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Us too! Which week. It would be funny if you are right before or right after us. We're in 7001 on 7/8.

Hi,:) I am thinking of going back on Summit again in Sept. 2.5 months

from now and all these large windows are still available....I was hoping

the prices would drop a bit though since it is after final payment:eek:

Archived