Upgrade to VIP cabana?

Alaskabound77

So we have a regular cabana booked but they Are offering us an upgrade to a VIP cabana for $100 more for our party of 6. Is it worth it? It looks like the only difference is that they bring us the food which might be nice because we have a 6 year old and a 3 year old but seems high. Any opinions?

Are you talking about the $100 upgrade on Princess Cays from a Beach Bungalow to a Sanctuary Bungalow? If so, the Sanctuary Bungalow do not allow children so not an option for you.

No it's the same bungalo just more services because we do have the kids. So they bring the food to us and priority tender passes and transportation to the bungalo and 500ml of water.

No it's the same bungalo just more services because we do have the kids. So they bring the food to us and priority tender passes and transportation to the bungalo and 500ml of water.

You get the priority tender pass anyway and the transportation to the bungalow. The food will take you a total of 5 minutes to walk over to. I don't remember if we got water or not but you can always just buy the bottle.

You get the priority tender pass anyway and the transportation to the bungalow. The food will take you a total of 5 minutes to walk over to. I don't remember if we got water or not but you can always just buy the bottle.

Okay we'll skip it. The unlimited soda card for me and the kid card cost a lot. Oh and the wine tasting and reservations at crown grill too. Thanks for your help! We should be leaving any minute now.

If money is not the issue then I would totally do it. You get more food than is what is in the buffet line. Yes, as always they bring way too much but I think the lobster and mango salad is the best thing that I have ever eaten in my life!! I really need to find that recipe!

We don't pay the upgrade for the bungalow every time or even get a bungalow every time. But if we have a group of six (like we did with both sets of parents) we got a bungalow AND paid for the upgrade. You also get a very attentive waiter although that could have been because we knew him from the ship.

If money is not the issue then I would totally do it. You get more food than is what is in the buffet line. Yes, as always they bring way too much but I think the lobster and mango salad is the best thing that I have ever eaten in my life!! I really need to find that recipe!

We don't pay the upgrade for the bungalow every time or even get a bungalow every time. But if we have a group of six (like we did with both sets of parents) we got a bungalow AND paid for the upgrade. You also get a very attentive waiter although that could have been because we knew him from the ship.

Do they have the lobster and mango salad at the buffet too? We will be a group of 4 - one of which will be a pregnant daughter (yes they are plannng on being pregnant!) - so having a place for her to sit and relax and have the food brought to us would be nice....

Do they have the lobster and mango salad at the buffet too? We will be a group of 4 - one of which will be a pregnant daughter (yes they are plannng on being pregnant!) - so having a place for her to sit and relax and have the food brought to us would be nice....

No, I have never seen the lobster and mango salad at the buffet. You get a lot more food than what is in the buffet. I think the last course is the one where you get the hamburgers/hot dogs/chicken and other stuff. The courses before that are items not in the buffet.

You pay for the bungalo as a fixed price. You can have up to 6 people staying with you. One time we invited friends and about a dozen folks showed up. Princess doesn't care.

But if you want to "upgrade" your food, it's $25 per person. You must pay for two but then you pay per person after that. So if there are 4 of you, you pay $100, and if there is 6 of you then it's $150. (Max at 6)

It was a great experience when we had my parents and my husband's parents. A nice treat.

Again, would we get bungalow if it was only 2 of us? Probably not. But if we did, I would splurge for the food. Again, that lobster was worth the $25 on it's own! I MUST get that recipe!!

Okay we'll skip it. The unlimited soda card for me and the kid card cost a lot. Oh and the wine tasting and reservations at crown grill too. Thanks for your help! We should be leaving any minute now.

You can not use the soda card on Princess Cays. You can use the ultimate drink card on Princess Cay for juice and mocktails.

Archived