Can you get a hamburger & fries up on the pool deck without an extra charge?

I'm thrilled to learn they have steaks in the main dining room every night.:) My husband loves to eat in the dining room and enjoys all the various menu items. He loves seafood and I like my steaks. I'm getting really excited now about trying RCL. The itinerary on the Serenade of the Seas looks wonderful. The only thing I am picky about is my food. I'm sure everything else will be fantastic. Thanks Everyone! You've been really helpful!:)

Thanks for all the responses. Guess I'll be able to find a hamburger if I need too. I'm a really picky eater been on 18 cruises and belive it or not I do have trouble finding food I like. I like to know they at least have a hamburger if I can't find anything else. I'm sure hoping at dinner in the main dining room I can have a steak every night on the alternative menu does anyone know? I don't want to pay the upcharge for the Steak Restaurant. Thanks Everyone. Sorry about the double posting.

They will offer a steak, plain grilled chicken, some kind of plain fish (usually salmon), and some kind of simple pasta on the alternative menu every night. They will also let you order off the kids menu if you are interested in that.

I hope you've got really good teeth because they will be getting a workout on that alternative menu steak...the alternative chicken breast is MUCH better. JMO! Enjoy your cruise!

Oh No! Are they tough steaks? What kind is served? I'm used to a sirloin kind of like an Outback Special cooked medium. I don't have to have a filet normally. I do like chicken breasts and pork chops so I guess I always have that option.

Oh No! Are they tough steaks? What kind is served? I'm used to a sirloin kind of like an Outback Special cooked medium. I don't have to have a filet normally. I do like chicken breasts and pork chops so I guess I always have that option.

Sometimes it's a strip, sometimes it's a sirloin. If you find it too tough (they've improved over the last few years), you can always ask your waiter to bring you the chicken breast.

On longer itineraries on Radiance class ships they have a BBQ out by the pool on sea days..Last year on the Jewel in addition to hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken two chefs made the biggest pan of piaya I have ever seen in my life.

I guess it is a matter of what you think is tough! My DH said his was very tough and didn't eat much of it and didn't order it again. Another guy at our table did eat his, but he never ordered it again, either. I had a bite of DH steak and it was not inedible(IMO), but it was pretty "chewy", hence my statement that you need good teeth! Good Luck with yours!

I know for sure that the Grandeur has a snack bar by the Solarium pool where you can get pizza, burgers, and fries. I'm pretty sure that the Radiance (sister ship to the Serenade) has one too, though at the moment I'm not feeling absolutely confident of it.

I know for sure that the Grandeur has a snack bar by the Solarium pool where you can get pizza, burgers, and fries. I'm pretty sure that the Radiance (sister ship to the Serenade) has one too, though at the moment I'm not feeling absolutely confident of it.

At the present time, Radiance has the Seaview Cafe which offers hot dogs, burgers, fries, chicken, Reuben and Cuban sandwiches. The Solarium Cafe offers pizza. When Radiance emerges from its upcoming drydock, there will be a number of additional dining venues that will offer a variety of foods. These include a Samba Grill(Brazillian steak house), The Dog House, Giovanni's Table and the Park Cafe. Chances are quite good that you will find what you want, and most for no additional cost.:)

Never sailed Royal Caribbean Cruiseline before. Need a question answered. Do they have a grill on the pool deck where you can get a hamburger and fries at no additional cost? I read somewhere RCL doesn't have a hamburger grill only Johnny Rockets for an upcharge. I've been on 13 Carnival Cruises, 2 Princess and 3 Celebrity cruises and they all have hamburger grills by the pool area. Surely RCL has a grill where you can get hamburger and fries at no additional cost too?

One of my few complaints with RCL is that there are no poolside hamburger cookouts like on three NCL cruises we took. I'm sorry but a precooked greasy hamburger from windjammer doesn't cut it for us. Also please don't flame me but even Labadee "cookouts" were precooked. There's nothing like a freshly cooked hamburg or hotdog on deck with a drink by the pool. I'm not sure if its cheaper to precook or they don't want to infringe on Johny Rockets but I think they would sell more drinks by the pool if people enjoyed nice cookouts by the pool

One of my few complaints with RCL is that there are no poolside hamburger cookouts like on three NCL cruises we took. I'm sorry but a precooked greasy hamburger from windjammer doesn't cut it for us. Also please don't flame me but even Labadee "cookouts" were precooked. There's nothing like a freshly cooked hamburg or hotdog on deck with a drink by the pool. I'm not sure if its cheaper to precook or they don't want to infringe on Johny Rockets but I think they would sell more drinks by the pool if people enjoyed nice cookouts by the pool

Bedfordmom, I agree 100%. On FOS the burgers and hot dogs in the Windjammer were about as nasty as I have ever had. :eek: Burgers and dogs lying in their own grease for a long time is not my idea of a cookout. I also wondered if it had anything to do with Johnny Rockets. Perhaps to boost sales? Worked for us, that's for sure.

Duplicate post.

Sorry, but my ideal diet while on a cruise does not include hot dogs and hamburgers which you can get at any nickel and dime joint back home.

Give me smoked salmon any time, any day. Fresh salads, freshly made subs, carving board meats. Time to eat.

Sorry, but my ideal diet while on a cruise does not include hot dogs and hamburgers which you can get at any nickel and dime joint back home.

Give me smoked salmon any time, any day. Fresh salads, freshly made subs, carving board meats. Time to eat.

I totally agree. I have the Lox & Bagels everyday on the ships along with the unusual stuff you never get on a regualar basis. My favorite part is trying new stuff, especially the Indian dishes. Can't figure out why people fuss over "hamburgers".

Reminds me of the girl we sat next to on the airplane coming back from Jamaica(Sandels) who couldn't wait to get back to her "mcdonalds" ...

My apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but we sometimes like to go to the MDR for lunch. We always have one person who orders a hamburger. It's a different type burger, if I remember correctly, but I think you should be able to order it "plain" if you wanted it without cheese, BBQ sauce or whatever the extras are. Just an alternative that you could consider. We thought they were very good, but as you can see, everyone has a different opinion.

Archived