Celebrity Solstice

Get ready folks !!

We all read about so called "superliners" that sail from Australia.

Everyone who wants to experience what the rest of world calls "superliner" can do so now, by booking the Celebrity Solstice.

We see that they also have a one night sampler when it first arrives in Sydney in Dec 2012.

Any guesses as to how fast that will sell out??

Sue and Phil

Get ready folks !!

We see that they also have a one night sampler when it first arrives in Sydney in Dec 2012.

Had a look at the Celebrity Cruises Website for this one nighter.

Departs Sydney 8pm Sun 9th Dec 2012 & arrives back in Sydney 6.30am Mon 10th Dec 2012.

Below is a list of the inclusions.

• Shipboard accommodations
  • Ocean transportation
  • Most meals
  • Some beverages
  • Most entertainment aboard the vessel.

Has any one ever done a one night cruise before?

Has any one ever done a one night cruise before?

I've done one before on the Rhapsody. I've also done a few 2 night cruises. They are a lot of fun. The majority of people are there to basically have a blast/party. There is a lot of drinking and the dance floors are packed till the wee hours of the morning. ;)

26-Oct-2012 EU Mediterranean 16 Nights Solstice, Suez Canal Cruise ex Barcelona to Dubai

11-Nov-2012 India & Indian Ocean 12 Nights Solstice, Middle East & Asia ex Dubai to Singapore

23-Nov-2012 Asia 16 Nights Solstice, Asia & Australia from Singapore to Sydney

09-Dec-2012 Australia 1 Nights Solstice, Getaway Cruise ex Sydney Return

10-Dec-2012 South Pacific & New Zealand 13 Nights Solstice, Australia & New Zealand ex Sydney Return

23-Dec-2012 South Pacific & New Zealand 12 Nights Solstice, Australia & New Zealand ex Sydney to Auckland

04-Jan-2013 South Pacific & New Zealand 12 Nights Solstice, Australia & New Zealand ex Auckland to Sydney

16-Jan-2013 South Pacific & New Zealand 12 Nights Solstice, Australia & New Zealand ex Sydney to Auckland

28-Jan-2013 South Pacific & New Zealand 18 Nights Solstice, Australia & New Zealand ex Auckland to Perth (Fremantle)

15-Feb-2013 Australia 17 Nights Solstice, Australia Top End ex Perth to Sydney

04-Mar-2013 South Pacific & New Zealand 12 Nights Solstice, Australia & New Zealand ex Sydney to Auckland

16-Mar-2013 South Pacific & New Zealand 12 Nights Solstice, Australia & New Zealand ex Auckland to Sydney

28-Mar-2013 Australia 11 Nights Solstice, Queensland Cruise ex Sydney Return

08-Apr-2013 South Pacific & New Zealand 17 Nights Solstice, French Polynesia ex Sydney to Honolulu

Gidday again Guys...

We have not often stuck our nose into the Australian forums, because everyone sailinng on the Oz based ships seem to know what is the best for them....

Not going to say much more now, but hope that people can open minds to the international protocols and expectations..

Most of all....

Enjoy :D

I think we are in for some very interesting times ahead.

Cheers for the link.

Being a bit like that Jack Nicholson character who likes everything organised I have my cruise holidays booked for the next 2 years. but who knows?

Have a great day

Paul

Hmmm -- looking at the prices shown in Debsta's link, I started to get a bit excited. Until I realised that almost all of those cruises will involve air flights and hotels extra to the cruise fare. Of course, that is not uncommon if you want to get away from the Sydney-Sydney or Brisbane-Brisbane "normals - and there is no way around that.

The one thing that will prevent me from trying her out is that she is another one of these ships whose stern is taken up by balconies - a definite NO-NO in any ship for me.

Barry

I was a teensy weensy bit jealous for a minute ... until I realised I will be beating you all to it by about 12 months!!:p

But will probably go armed with prices and see what they can do on board ....... :D

Yes Yes Yes:D:D:D.......now we are talking what a gorgeous ship:cool: showed my John some photos and he was sold.. so never one to waste a YES i emailed our U.S agent and she tracked down some prices for us for the repo cruise from Barcelona to Sydney... it's in 3 sectors and not too badly priced at around $5100pp for 44 nights, if we decide this one we will book 3rd sector and price watch on the other two for a lower deal....other one of interest will be repo from Sydney in April 2013 just waiting to hear where she goes once she gets to Ensenada Mexico.... Moira you must do a review on her for us...............cheers Shiona

we are on her sister ship in just a few weeks. Its going to be so good. It even has real grass on the top deck. :D mummsie

Have a fabulous cruise mummsie......look forward to hearing all about it....i have been watching Solstice videos on youtube and she also has real grass...hmmm better sharpen up my croquet technique......:D:D cheers Shiona

There's an article about the Celebrity Solstice in today's Cruise Weekly, also a video on YouTube.

".......Meanwhile today’s CW Youtube channel features an exclusive video showcasing Celebrity product on the recently launched Celebrity Eclipse, as well as a sneak peek of Celebrity Solstice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CruiseWeekly

Yes Yes Yes:D:D:D.......now we are talking what a gorgeous ship:cool: showed my John some photos and he was sold.. so never one to waste a YES i emailed our U.S agent and she tracked down some prices for us for the repo cruise from Barcelona to Sydney... it's in 3 sectors and not too badly priced at around $5100pp for 44 nights, if we decide this one we will book 3rd sector and price watch on the other two for a lower deal....other one of interest will be repo from Sydney in April 2013 just waiting to hear where she goes once she gets to Ensenada Mexico.... Moira you must do a review on her for us...............cheers Shiona

April 2013 - this was the repo I looked at Shiona, but I thought it would be too many passengers for too many tender ports.

From memory, MSC Poesia was a similiar size and I remember thinking I was pleased it didn't have tender ports, with so many passengers.

April 2013 - this was the repo I looked at Shiona, but I thought it would be too many passengers for too many tender ports.

From memory, MSC Poesia was a similiar size and I remember thinking I was pleased it didn't have tender ports, with so many passengers.

Hi Marion we have decided to do the Barcelona - Sydney sectors instead of the Hnl one from what i can see we will only have 2 tender ports - Bali and Yorkeys in 44 nights....happy with that.......if anyone's interested in what goes on during the day i found some current Celebrity Today dailies for the Solstice at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367107&highlight=solstice+dailies

cheers Shiona:D

Archived