Please help me pick one of these Miami hotels...

MidnightSwinga

Looking for a room in Miami on April 9th for the night before our cruise leaving out of the Port of Miami. We will arrive in FLL around 10am and so will have all day. Traveling with our 9yr old and 6yr old so having access to a pool and/or beach would be nice.

Here are the rates I'm finding of the following hotels on LastMinuteTravel.

Hyatt Regency @ Miami Convention Center- $103

Intercontinental- $171

Conrad - $97

Four Seasons $188

Marriott Biscayne Bay - $164

Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables - $200

JW Marriott - $211

Royal Palm (South Beach) $163

Thanks!

Looking for a room in Miami on April 9th for the night before our cruise leaving out of the Port of Miami. We will arrive in FLL around 10am and so will have all day. Traveling with our 9yr old and 6yr old so having access to a pool and/or beach would be nice.

Here are the rates I'm finding of the following hotels on LastMinuteTravel.

Intercontinental- $171

Conrad - $97

Four Seasons $188

Marriott Biscayne Bay - $164

JW Marriott - $211

Royal Palm (South Beach) $163

Thanks!

In this order:

Biltmore (Coral Gables is MUCH nicer than downtown)

Four Seasons

Royal Palm (the best area to stay in but the other two are destination hotels)

Conrad

Intercontinental

JW Marriott

Marriott

Hyatt Regency

Non of them are bad choices and I've ranked them in order of my personal preference. The ones I have not stayed at, I've at least been to a function at and toured so I've experienced all of the hotels.

Nice hotel, but primarily a " convention hotel"

Intercontinental- $171

Also a nice hotel for pre-cruisers, (I live accross the street), not sure why so expensive, rooms are usually in the 150 range

great hotel, but in a residential area also very old

JW Marriott - $211

Nothing special, just average, great location for pre-cruise

Four Seasons $188

Which one ?????

No matter, all the four Seasons in South Florida are GREAT- TOP CHOICE !

Nice hotel, but primarily a " convention hotel"

Intercontinental- $171

Also a nice hotel for pre-cruisers, (I live accross the street), not sure why so expensive, rooms are usually in the 150 range

great hotel, but in a residential area also very old

JW Marriott - $211

Nothing special, just average, great location for pre-cruise

Four Seasons $188

Which one ?????

No matter, all the four Seasons in South Florida are GREAT- TOP CHOICE !

Hi bodog,

I see you live in the area. Do you have any info on the Courtyard Marriot?

Chat855

Hi

I would avoid downtown courtyard, old, next to expressway, no parking, poor restaurants, same price, intercontinental downtown

Thank for all your help. I see 2 Intercontinental Hotels. The one closest to the ship is showing $216, and the one near the airport is $108. Is the cheaper one far from the ship? The Courtyard Is at 200se 2nd ave. seems a lot closer.

Thank for all your help. I see 2 Intercontinental Hotels. The one closest to the ship is showing $216, and the one near the airport is $108. Is the cheaper one far from the ship? The Courtyard Is at 200se 2nd ave. seems a lot closer.

Airport hotels are a 15 minute/$25+ cab ride from POM. Good luck! :)

Last year (early Nov) we were able to get a great price on the Hotel Intercontinental and loved it. As I recall, it was easily below $100--and we paid an additional $20 at check in for a room on a higher floor with a view of the ocean/channel that the cruise ships sail into/out of. Easy walk to downtown, CVS, Bayside Marketplace.

Saw a 4* on Last Minute Travel (LMT), and were able to determine that it was the Intercontinental. There was a thread in Florida Departures that told how to take the hotel # from the LMT internet and double check it against another site to determine exactly which hotel you are getting a price for. It was very helpful.

While it is not the same thread that I used, post #2 on this thread seems to do what I described above

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1218104&highlight=tourico+holidays

Stayed at the Four Seasons two nights pre-cruise and the JW Marriott one night post a few weeks ago.

Pamper yourself and go with the Four Seasons...I was SO impressed with their staff. Also, the pool area is fantastic.

The JW Marriott is fine...but doesn't compare to the Four Seasons. Remember, it is downtown Miami, so really need a cab to anywhere. Not a big deal!

Last year (early Nov) we were able to get a great price on the Hotel Intercontinental and loved it. As I recall, it was easily below $100--and we paid an additional $20 at check in for a room on a higher floor with a view of the ocean/channel that the cruise ships sail into/out of. Easy walk to downtown, CVS, Bayside Marketplace.

Saw a 4* on Last Minute Travel (LMT), and were able to determine that it was the Intercontinental. There was a thread in Florida Departures that told how to take the hotel # from the LMT internet and double check it against another site to determine exactly which hotel you are getting a price for. It was very helpful.

While it is not the same thread that I used, post #2 on this thread seems to do what I described above

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1218104&highlight=tourico+holidays

Thank You for the help . I was able to Book the Intercontinental for $108.00 per night. Great price on Last Minute Travel:)

Thank You for the help . I was able to Book the Intercontinental for $108.00 per night. Great price on Last Minute Travel:)

Great Choice-

Remember, Downtown Miami is "relatively safe", so go out and enjoy Downtown Miami, many great restaurants, have fun and waive, I am across the street, Good Luck !:)

Are you sure you go the Intercontinental at Chopin Plaza or the one at the airport. The one at Chopin Plaza is listed on LMT as a 5 star, not a 4 star.

Are you sure you go the Intercontinental at Chopin Plaza or the one at the airport. The one at Chopin Plaza is listed on LMT as a 5 star, not a 4 star.

I just booked the one at Chopin Plaza with Last Minute Deals $108.00 5 Stars. I was really surprised when it came up with that price.:)

Thanks to everyone for your help so far on this.

To clarify, the Four Seasons I'm finding for $188 is described on Last Minute Travel as a Moderate Room (the others are Deluxe City view for $244 and Premiere Bay view for $400).

I get this hotel when I plug in 2 people on the site, but if I plug in 4 people it doesn't show up so I wonder if this might be an option for us?

It's the Four Seasons Hotel Miami downtown on Brickell Ave.

Archived