Enchantment of Seas Itinerary starting May 2012 is lack luster

My DH is pregnant and I was looking for our next cruise to be close to home. The latter 2012 schedule is not available yet, but I was hoping to get a hint of what the itinerary on the Enchantment would be.

I just don't understand Enchantment itinerary. It is either a cruise with 2 nights/3 days in Kings Wharf or another itinerary of 1/night 2 days in Kings Wharf, Boston, and Rhode Island. If I want 2 nights in Kings Wharf, I am booking a resort. If I want to see Boston or Rhode Island, I am driving (or even flying) up there for an extended weekend). I would not go to Boston on a cruise ship.

Maybe I am wrong, but I wish they would have kept the itinerary from this year.

Not everyone who books that ship is from the local drive market. I live in West Virginia (five hours drive to Baltimore) and think the itineraries are wonderful. Sure I can drive to all these places the ships go doing a 7-night Canada/New England cruise, but I would rather enjoy the carefree and relaxed cruise experience offered by the ship. The one and only time I have ever been to Boston and Newport was by cruise ship. I loved it. Sure I can drive there, but I experienced the Rotterdam VI in the process. And cruising to Bermuda and enjoying a couple of days there and being able to enjoy the ship roundtrip and not having to get on a plane is just fine by me.

P.S. Depending on how much later in the 2012 calendar year you are looking at, and since the Bermuda and New England itineraries are seasonal, she will most likely revert back to her winter cruises by late October doing the Caribbean and Florida/Bahamas routes.

My DH is pregnant and I was looking for our next cruise to be close to home. The latter 2012 schedule is not available yet, but I was hoping to get a hint of what the itinerary on the Enchantment would be.

Your husband is pregnant?!?! :eek::D:D:D

If I want to see Boston or Rhode Island, I am driving (or even flying) up there for an extended weekend). I would not go to Boston on a cruise ship.

Totally agree...Really...Rhode Island and Boston as a cruise port?

DW and would would have been going for our fourth 9 day trip out of Baltimore on EoS in 2012..not now.

Boston and Rhode Island for vacation...We'll pass.

We are a large party from England who are crossing the Big Pond to cruise from Baltimore on Enchantment because we thought the itinerary was good and the ship looked nice. We have not sailed RC at all before so very much hope for a good experience.

We can sail transatlantic from Southampton but its too long before we reach warmer shores and for those of us still working it takes too many days out of an available 14 days annual leave so for warm vacations we have to fly everywhere.

It also makes the cruises very expensive when we have to add a transatlantic flight onto the cruise cost.

You are very fortunate to be able to drive to your ports.

Totally agree...Really...Rhode Island and Boston as a cruise port?

DW and would would have been going for our fourth 9 day trip out of Baltimore on EoS in 2012..not now.

Boston and Rhode Island for vacation...We'll pass.

I feel the same way.... who wants to go from beautiful clear blue waters to dirty brown water??? If I wanted to go to Boston and Rhode Island, I would book a cruise specifically for New England...when I want to go to the Islands, I don't want one of them to be "Rhode". Will be looking into Bayonne or flying down to Florida next May for my next cruise....it's a shame.

I agree that we are lucky to have a port within driving distance, but if it doesn't go anywhere we want to go, then it loses a good bit of its draw for us.

We were thrilled to hear Enchantment was coming to Baltimore (only a short drive for us) and booked her for this June (9 night caribbean).

Am disappointed with future schedules so far and imagine our upcoming cruise on her will also be our last.

Have always wanted to go to Bermuda (I was conceived there when my father was stationed there in the Navy), so its a possible maybe for one day, but the caribbean is where I want to go....

Rachel

I felt two days in Bermuda was not enough. Explorer has been doing 5 day Bermuda quite successfully for years. I like that RCI switches up the itineraries from the smaller ports, makes it more interesting.

I feel the same way.... who wants to go from beautiful clear blue waters to dirty brown water??? If I wanted to go to Boston and Rhode Island, I would book a cruise specifically for New England...when I want to go to the Islands, I don't want one of them to be "Rhode". Will be looking into Bayonne or flying down to Florida next May for my next cruise....it's a shame.

It's not "a shame". It's a choice.

Life is beautiful.

It's not "a shame". It's a choice.

Life is beautiful.

So true. If you don't like the options in front of you, look elsewhere. As previously mentioned I am from West Virgina. For my next cruise I looked initially at Baltimore having done the Celebrity MERCURY this past December. I didn't really care for either ship that departs from there now so I looked at the NYC area. Nothing there suited my fancy either. So for the first time in nearly a decade I am getting on a plane to fly to Florida and get on the ship that I eventually selected. I had choices, eliminated those that didn't fit my need regardless of it it left from my backdoor, and booked one that I was happy with. I didn't complain about the half-dozen ships that left from my general geographic region and the lack of suitable itineraries that pleased ME. I looked for the itineraries that pleased me, on a ship I liked, and by process of elimination found the right ship. Simple.

I'd have to agree with mistergg.

Our last four cruises (out of Philly) were to Bermuda but we'd go again if the ship was docked there longer.

Our attraction in booking Enchantment this year was the Caribbean destination. And yes, on the whole, I also prefer blue waters too.

Looks like I had a little typo in the initial post. :o and yes, if my DH was pregnant, then I would go on opera and get a free cruise on the allure...for starters! and then I would go get more stuff too! :p

I hope they change the itinerary come fall. I just don't know what is taking RCI so long to release the remaining 2012 schedule!

I hope they change the itinerary come fall. I just don't know what is taking RCI so long to release the remaining 2012 schedule!

My guess is that the itinerary changes will start with the Nov. 1st sailing, as the last posted cruise for the Enchantment of the Seas for the Bermuda and New England routes ends on that date. Isn't that about the time they switched over last year?

Archived