Berries Available at the Solarium Bistro?

saus

I have read a number of posts/reviews complaining about the lack of fresh berries at various locations on Allure. However, a few people have mentioned that they had fresh berries with their yogurt at the Solarium Bistro. The MDR menu has a number of desserts that include fresh berries as well.

Does anyone know what types of fresh berries are available at the Solarium Bistro? Are they all mixed together or are they available by type? Are they available at both breakfast and lunch?

Is this a wind up to try to compete with the "What kind of Mustard" thread, if so very funny.:D ( tounge still in cheek ) :)

I have read a number of posts/reviews complaining about the lack of fresh berries at various locations on Allure. However, a few people have mentioned that they had fresh berries with their yogurt at the Solarium Bistro. The MDR menu has a number of desserts that include fresh berries as well.

Does anyone know what types of fresh berries are available at the Solarium Bistro? Are they all mixed together or are they available by type? Are they available at both breakfast and lunch?

I'm far too earnest for my own good. I not only want to know what berries are available, I'm frustrated by the lack of comprehensive answers on the mustard thread!

Now you've gotten me thinking about types of ketchup, steak sauce and hot sauce...

These are important questions!;)

I ate breakfast every morning in the Solarium Bistro and most lunches there. For the strangest reason, I cannot recall if there were berries there. I know there was an excellent selection of fresh fruit. There may have been some strawberries and blue berries, but I can't swear to it. I certainly enjoyed the fruit. There were plenty of very healthful foods to choose from, but I can't remember about the berries.

It's a tough call with my family, between freshly made eggs from Johnny Rockets and the fresh and healthy items at Solarium.

Fresh berries would put Solarium over the top. As things are, we may have no choice but to eat two breakfasts each day. The restaurants are at opposite ends of the ship, so we'll be burning a few calories just going from one to the other.

Thanks for the tip on the fresh fruit.

I ate breakfast every morning in the Solarium Bistro and most lunches there. For the strangest reason, I cannot recall if there were berries there. I know there was an excellent selection of fresh fruit. There may have been some strawberries and blue berries, but I can't swear to it. I certainly enjoyed the fruit. There were plenty of very healthful foods to choose from, but I can't remember about the berries.

I'd like to know please what breakfast and lunch food did they have at the solarium. I'm a diabetic and I try to eat healthy on cruises, but going to the Solarium Bistro may be best for me.

I haven't seen a comprehensive description of all the offerings available for either breakfast or lunch at the Allure Solarium Bistro.

I did just find a post from last June on the Oasis Solarium Bistro. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1213419&highlight=solarium

Relevant breakfast/berry info:

I enjoyed the SB for breakfast as an alternative to the WJ. They offered turkey bacon and turkey sausages, as well as a much better selection of fresh fruit. This is the only place I saw fresh, cut up strawberries as well as blueberries and raspberries at the beginning of the week (being that berries are higly perishable, they became scarcer in the last few days of the cruise!). There was not a danish or a pasty in sight. There was a muesli offered each day and various toppings, but do be careful of this - can be high in calories and sugar.

My daughter and I ate there a few times, our men - not so much. :p They liked the traditional offerings of WJ with all the calorie-rich choices. The SB was perfect for us.

Have fun. :)

Relevant breakfast/berry info:

I enjoyed the SB for breakfast as an alternative to the WJ. They offered turkey bacon and turkey sausages, as well as a much better selection of fresh fruit. This is the only place I saw fresh, cut up strawberries as well as blueberries and raspberries at the beginning of the week (being that berries are higly perishable, they became scarcer in the last few days of the cruise!). There was not a danish or a pasty in sight. There was a muesli offered each day and various toppings, but do be careful of this - can be high in calories and sugar.

My daughter and I ate there a few times, our men - not so much. :p They liked the traditional offerings of WJ with all the calorie-rich choices. The SB was perfect for us.

Have fun. :)

^ Oh, haha! I was coming here to comment and I see I've already been quoted! That was me. Yes, this was on Oasis, so I'm not sure what Allure holds in the way of berries. Probably much the same... but as I said, it was just in the first few days since berries are highly perishable.

Wuvs2Cruise, I am also diabetic and I found absolutely no problem finding healthy, low-carb choices in all venues. The regular Windjammer buffet is fine; you just have to know what to choose. There are meats, cheeses, eggs, and all kinds of vegetables (all low-carb choices). For breakfast I usually had some plain yogurt with one packet of Splenda mixed in, some fruit, and perhaps a breakfast meat of some sort. Lunch in the buffet was salad or make my own sandwich with lots of the fillings available (if you wander over to the hamburger station you can get cheese slices and fresh lettuce and tomates for your sandwich). There are also one or two sugar-free (but not carb-free, obviously) dessert options, including one sugar-free cookie.

Enjoy. :)

My DH and I ate breakfast and lunch most days in the Solarium Bistro. I don't recall berries being there, but my favorite thing was they always had a bowl of diced mango. All of the bowls of fruit were small diced pieces. There was pineapple, honeydew, watermelon, mango, cantelope. There were also bowls with bananas, kiwi, apples, fresh dates and figs.

At lunch one of my favorite things was gazpacho soup. They would have a bowl of the fresh tomato puree and then a bunch of bowls with condiments to add to the puree, such such as celery, green pepper, onions, chopped tomatoes, etc.

We never went to WJ, so I don't really know what the selections were like there.

I'm bummed to learn that you didn't notice any berries, but your descriptions of the fresh fruit and the gazpacho bar have won me over. I'm looking forward to experiencing the Solarium Bistro. Thank you.

Fruit was plentiful in the MDR EVERY day. There were strawberries included on the fruit platter delivered by room service. The Park Café has fresh fruit already in cup to simply pick up and go. The selection varied day to day.

Can't help with the Windjammer as we never ate there and I simply don't remember about the Solarium Cafe.

Enjoy

M

Archived