have you and your DH ever split up to sleep in another cabin with a child

reallyexcited

we have 3 kids...and 2 cabins.. I just realized our cabins do not have the connecting door so me and DH will more than likely have to sleep in 2 separate cabins.. they are right next to each other.

My Father is coming with 2 others so they also have a cabin ( 1 other adult and 1 child)

in total we have 3 cabins...2 -2 person cabins and 1- 4 person cabin. We thought it would be great to have extra room...extra shower, etc. This was free to us since the price dropped so much.

DH and I and our 3 kids could sleep in the cabin for 4 .( one is an infant) and just have this other cabin for showers, etc.

and my dad cold be in the other 2 person cabin

what do you think???

You could certainly do that....but it will be quite tight...cabins are nowhere as large as hotel rooms!

Is there no way to change to connecting cabins? That way, you'd have the connecting doorway into the other cabin...and all the kids could go in one room, with you and hubby steps away thru the connecting doorway. Still have the 2 baths, and wouldn't have to go into the hallway to access!

My sister always has a girl cabin and a guy cabin. They have 2 boys and 1 girl and cruise every year this way. They never felt comfortable putting the 3 in one cabin and now, even though they are all teens, they like it this way.

Whatever works best for your family.

We are doing this on the Crown Princess next week. We'll see how it goes. It might be nice for everyone to have a bed (plus one bunk). Not much romance happening with 3 kids in the cabin anyway (which we did last fall on the Carnival Fascination). BTW, Carnival and NCL have ships that will allow a family of five in a standard cabin. Tight, but an option if you don't like the split. Too bad there aren't more connecting rooms. I guess it's a consequence of the cabins being pre-fab'ed and installed during the ship's building.

We just did it on Liberty of the Seas in August. Had a triple E1 balcony for me, dh and younger ds. Mom and older DS were in a balcony guarantee. Well, the prices dropped and we booked out of the guarantee and into a specified cabin. Then we realized that my mom's shoulder was much worse than expected and she needed help, so switched her with DH.

Mom, ds and I got a D1 (so ds was not over our head in the bunk), dh and ds got a D2 down the hall. It was delightful. They had a great time being "guys" without mom checking to see what they were doing, and I was able to help my mom when she needed it.

We're a family of 6 and we will probably have to do this until our kids are old enough to be in a cabin on their own. Are there cabins across from each other available? I'd rather do that than beside one another.

I wish there were more connecting cabins available.

I guess everyone has different priorities but I'd rather everyone has their own beds and we all have some more space even if it means sleeping apart from DH.

All connecting cabins and family suites were booked, so we booked 2 side by side cabins for our upcoming cruise. DH and our 2 teenage boys in one cabin, me with our daughter and youngest son in the in the other. I figured it was only to sleep for a few hours each night and DH would and I would get to spend plenty of time together. He snores anyhow, so it would mean a week of snore free sleep for me :D

However, we got lucky and a family suite opened up and we got to upgrade for almost nothing. I would have been just fine in our side by side cabins, and so would have DH.

When our kids were younger we'd split up. Now that they are older, at booking we are split but get extra keys and let the 3 kids share often the inside cabin. The seem to like the dark dungeon and sleep in till 10am or so allowing us a leisure sitdown breakfast :D

we have 3 kids...and 2 cabins.. I just realized our cabins do not have the connecting door so me and DH will more than likely have to sleep in 2 separate cabins.. they are right next to each other.

My Father is coming with 2 others so they also have a cabin ( 1 other adult and 1 child)

in total we have 3 cabins...2 -2 person cabins and 1- 4 person cabin. We thought it would be great to have extra room...extra shower, etc. This was free to us since the price dropped so much.

DH and I and our 3 kids could sleep in the cabin for 4 .( one is an infant) and just have this other cabin for showers, etc.

and my dad cold be in the other 2 person cabin

what do you think???

I've done it all. All 5 of us in one cabin, NEVER AGAIN. Too crowded 5 using one bathroom and all the clothes to fit in the closets. It worked that cruise but we are not planning on repeating it. My youngest was probably only 3 so she didn't take up as much space now we are 5 years later so they all take up more space,etc. Another thing to remember that lights out mean lights out for everyone including adults.

We have done boys in one cabin and girls in the other. There are times for mom and dad to have private time during the day when the kids are in the kids activities. It worked out ok. Yes I like to sleep with my husband but I liked this arrangement over being all crowded in one cabin. The rooms did not connect but were beside each other.

Last couple cruises we had adjoining cabins with the kids in one and us in the other. BEst solution. We started doing this when the youngest was 7 and the oldest was 14.

I would be comfortable at this point having two side by side or across the hall from each other cabins with the kids in one cabin and us in the other. At least I would consider it.

When our kids were younger we'd split up. Now that they are older, at booking we are split but get extra keys and let the 3 kids share often the inside cabin. The seem to like the dark dungeon and sleep in till 10am or so allowing us a leisure sitdown breakfast :D

Quick question Chipmaster....

Do you ask for the extra keys while checking in at the port or do you get those from guest services once on board?

Thank you for the tip!

Archived