Brilliance OTS Coming Back to the US

The itineraries got loaded within the last hour or so.... all summer Europe itineraries are up as well as the Canada/New England cruises.

So... the big question.. where will she be for the winter?

Maybe she will stay in Cape Liberty?

Probably San Juan. I think they are switching around Brilliance and the Serenade.

I would imagine so, as remember a leak showing Serenade in the Baltic, which turned out to be the itinerary of the Brilliance. I don't know why they would swap two near identical ships, except for the fact that Brilliance has been doing those same 12 night cruises out of barcelona since 2003.

I would imagine so, as remember a leak showing Serenade in the Baltic, which turned out to be the itinerary of the Brilliance. I don't know why they would swap two near identical ships, except for the fact that Brilliance has been doing those same 12 night cruises out of barcelona since 2003.

To give people a change. Some people have the mindset that they will not cruise on the same ship twice. I don't know why some people do, but they do.

I looked and didn't see this posted yet, but I was looking at her itineraries online and she is operating Canada cruises from Cape Liberty and Quebec City in 2012.

I hear angels singing! 10 night cruises, round trip from Quebec City, and she stops at Corner Brook, Newfoundland too (my friend FranHarp is pastor there)!

I wonder if Brilliance will still be operated by RCI UK? I also wonder if the seaview cafe on Brilliance will be changed back to what it once was or if it will remain as it is now? Every time someone would write a negative review about Brilliance lately, inevitably someone would explain the that it was because the ship was operated by RCI UK and say that Brilliance isn't a true example of the 'real' RCI experience. I wonder how that will fly with the folks sailing out of NJ, QC and/or San Juan?

I wonder if Brilliance will still be operated by RCI UK? I also wonder if the seaview cafe on Brilliance will be changed back to what it once was or if it will remain as it is now? Every time someone would write a negative review about Brilliance lately, inevitably someone would explain the that it was because the ship was operated by RCI UK and say that Brilliance isn't a true example of the 'real' RCI experience. I wonder how that will fly with the folks sailing out of NJ, QC and/or San Juan?

Even when she sailed in the Caribbean previously, she had a different menu in the Seaview Cafe.

When we sailed on Brilliance in 1/05 the Seaview Cafe had a very nice American style menu with deli sandwiches, onion rings, fries, etc. Then in 1/06 we sailed her again and the Seaview changed to an Italian style fare with pasta, paninnis, anti pasti, etc. They said they were getting ready for Europe. How right they were.

Rick and Deirdra

For those who complain about RCI's "same old, same old" itineraries here is evidence that things are about to change. Basing Brilliance of the Seas in Quebec City for the Fall of 2012 and including some less frequently visited Canadian ports of call will certainly offer new options in the Northeast and it will be interesting to see the itinerary when she repositions from Canada, be it to Cape Liberty or the Caribbean. Can't wait to find out what the repositioning itinerary will be for Jewel of the Seas in October, 2012.

To give people a change. Some people have the mindset that they will not cruise on the same ship twice. I don't know why some people do, but they do.

That would be me!!!:o

Well, not mandatory but I love to try different ships with at least one port I have never been to befor.

I would love the Serenade/Brilliance winter swap in Puerto Rico.

or:

Is it possible the talk of a Freedom Class coming to NJ is really a Radiance class???

That would be me!!!:o

Well, not mandatory but I love to try different ships with at least one port I have never been to befor.

I would love the Serenade/Brilliance winter swap in Puerto Rico.

or:

Is it possible the talk of a Freedom Class coming to NJ is really a Radiance class???

That does seem to be a possibility and Radiance ships are certainly a better fit for the cooler (and cold weather) cruises in the Fall and winter, but i think that the fact that Explorer generally sails at or near capacity would indicate that Brilliance would have to be a complement to Explorer rather than a replacement. :)

Even when she sailed in the Caribbean previously, she had a different menu in the Seaview Cafe.

Actually, Brilliance during the inaugural season had standard American diner-type food in seaview. The change in the menu came shortly before Brilliance was exiled to Europe so a return to more familiar American food might be expected. It would be interesting if they added a few regional food items in honor of the time the ship will be spending in the French province of Quebec. I remember visiting years ago and enjoying something called poutine but my favorite local dish was the tourtière, a Quebec version of a meat pie. Both of these items would fit quite well into the Seaview cafe theme.

I doubt that RCI would replace a 3100 passenger capacity ship with a 2100 capacity one for very long. As nice a ship as the Brilliance is, we need more capacity in New Jersey, not less. Even with the 'X' Silhouette, we still need either a larger ship here in the NorthEast or an additional ship with some different itineraries.

- Clancy

I doubt that RCI would replace a 3100 passenger capacity ship with a 2100 capacity one for very long. As nice a ship as the Brilliance is, we need more capacity in New Jersey, not less. Even with the 'X' Silhouette, we still need either a larger ship here in the NorthEast or an additional ship with some different itineraries.

- Clancy

In Dec of 2012 Silhouette will not return to Cape Liberty but will take over Solstice sailings out of Port Everglades!

- Clancy

I agree, which is why I suggested that if Brilliance sails out of Cape Liberty after it concludes its Canadian itinerary, it would serve as a complement to Explorer not a substitute One of the arguments for replacing Explorer with a Freedom class ship has been the popularity of these cruises. Lowering the capacity of the ship deployed there to meet the demand just wouldn't make sense. Whether the demand is sufficient to fill both a Voyager class and a Radiance class ship, only RCI knows for sure. If not then eventually they will move a Freedom class ship there.:)

I saw it there last night, honestly I did but no pricing. Now today, Brilliance IS NOT doing Canada/NE, no Quebec City, no Corner Brook, no 10 night cruise, and no Brilliance. Just Jewel doing the ususal 7 nighters. It was all a mistake folks

I saw it there last night, honestly I did but no pricing. Now today, Brilliance IS NOT doing Canada/NE, no Quebec City, no Corner Brook, no 10 night cruise, and no Brilliance. Just Jewel doing the ususal 7 nighters. It was all a mistake folks

I see it all still there ..on RCCL's US site :D

Archived