Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

Yes. I found a great swimsuit on this thread too. Had to buy it from the UK and ship it to Australia as I could find nothing like it here. I feel great in it and haven't felt that way in years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Thanks! They fit so well! I always gear towards classic black and white for some reason, so I made myself get one with color this time.

I like you in the one with color better. I really like that pattern; maybe that's why I like it better.:)

Bookish, Middle... glad I am not alone,

shortish, lol , tiny petite.. and in my 50's :eek:!

I can't even donate blood because of my size.lol

If you go back to near the beginning of this thread you will see

a bathing suit I bought (not me in pic, a model) but gives you

an idea of bathing suits I feel comfortable in wearing. The black and white with boy leg. So comfortable.. never worry about the leg riding up .

I like you in the one with color better. I really like that pattern; maybe that's why I like it better.:)

Haha, well they both fit well and I knew I needed to at least try some color (the two I got last year are black and white designs). Hoping they go on sale and I can guy a few more in some colors.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started swimming at the gym but I won't bother showing you those suits (speedo, $19.99 at Costco:D) I have lost 55 lbs since august (5lbs to goal) and have had to get all new suits- my 40th birthday is this year, and for vacation, we're chartering a sailboat in the British Virgin Islands. I have 3 suits so far - no photos on me yet, sorry. I have to try on tops first - 36DDD:rolleyes:

Lands End clearance, LIving Palm twist bikini top & bottom ($20 for the top and $15 for the bottom? 410027_AJ12_FF_UX6?$pp_alt_v3$

Tommy Bahama zaffiro paisley v-neck, massive sale at the outlet in Williamsburg VA images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLwq9ffRMqArQVoYTW5y1WdheUiKev945QINmd9PDQBDimgJ0eZQ

And a Tommy Bahama Pearl molded top in Galaxy Blue (which is a darker shade than this photo). Also from the outlet in Williamsburg. I still need to get bottoms because the only bottom at the outlet was a skirtini thing that was a bit too cheerleadery for me - I found some plain bottoms on swimoutlet.com for $20 so I'll order those: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR66oEvHDBLzXo7aDNYf6MFtH1TYWVZycQ2GnHEDCV6kKzgZYccrQ

I just started swimming at the gym but I won't bother showing you those suits (speedo, $19.99 at Costco:D) I have lost 55 lbs since august (5lbs to goal) and have had to get all new suits- my 40th birthday is this year, and for vacation, we're chartering a sailboat in the British Virgin Islands. I have 3 suits so far - no photos on me yet, sorry. I have to try on tops first - 36DDD:rolleyes:

Lands End clearance, LIving Palm twist bikini top & bottom ($20 for the top and $15 for the bottom? 410027_AJ12_FF_UX6?$pp_alt_v3$

Tommy Bahama zaffiro paisley v-neck, massive sale at the outlet in Williamsburg VA images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLwq9ffRMqArQVoYTW5y1WdheUiKev945QINmd9PDQBDimgJ0eZQ

And a Tommy Bahama Pearl molded top in Galaxy Blue (which is a darker shade than this photo). Also from the outlet in Williamsburg. I still need to get bottoms because the only bottom at the outlet was a skirtini thing that was a bit too cheerleadery for me - I found some plain bottoms on swimoutlet.com for $20 so I'll order those: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR66oEvHDBLzXo7aDNYf6MFtH1TYWVZycQ2GnHEDCV6kKzgZYccrQ

I knew that screen name looked familiar! You post on the Medifast boards too, don't you? I'm Juniper7 on there. :) And congrats on your progress! I lost over 60 last year, then slid off plan and I've been trying to get back on since January with very limited success. Too much else going on I think, but I'll get there.

Also, nice suits and great deals on them!

I don't know if there's a solution for me :( My body is a size 8, BUT....my thighs are just covered with cellulite. UGH! What kind of bathing suit can I wear that will cover my thighs almost to my knees?

I look MUCH better with capris or long pants on. I haven't worn shorts in years, I'm just too embarrassed, so obviously that means I haven't worn a bathing suit in a long time either.

Maybe someone out there knows of a good option that I would feel comfortable in? Oh, how I wish the old fashioned bath suits were in style again, lol.

I don't know if there's a solution for me :( My body is a size 8, BUT....my thighs are just covered with cellulite. UGH! What kind of bathing suit can I wear that will cover my thighs almost to my knees?

I look MUCH better with capris or long pants on. I haven't worn shorts in years, I'm just too embarrassed, so obviously that means I haven't worn a bathing suit in a long time either.

Maybe someone out there knows of a good option that I would feel comfortable in? Oh, how I wish the old fashioned bath suits were in style again, lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Sarong-Length-Georgette-Bathing/dp/B0035Y8VYA/ref=pd_sbs_a_18

41yu8VUc-PL._SX342_.jpg

There are so many options out there. How about a pretty Sarong to wear around the pool/beach. When it is time to go in the water....GO....do not think about what other people are thinking. Be proud, walk tall and have a great cruise.

I love the print on the top one! It is so pretty!!!!!

I like the second one, too! It reminds me of a bustier in the bust area!

Thanks. I'm hoping for a great sale soon, so I snatch a few more tops up, but I'm going to buy them smaller b/c I know I'm going to lose some weight :rolleyes:

You might look into some of the board shorts that are offered. Coolibar has some but they're on the pricey side. Cute alternative, though.

Bought this Natuica suit yesterday but I paired the tankini with navy blue bottoms as it is mix and match.

Love that top:)...I have a couple of new ones. That style (for me) is

great....the straps stay up, the front covers me I already have bottoms

too.

I've become addicted to Athleta suits over the last few years. They are made for active wear (surfing, etc) so they have good coverage, yet are still cute and fun. You can mix and match tops and bottoms to get whatever coverage you need. Bonus for me - they have talls!!!

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=46663

Oh, and this is how I will be found on most cruises.....slowly (well, quickly actually) turning into a lobster with my face covered to protect against wrinkles. lol

1676216858_cruisesuit.jpg.53c5e1f5a0b060752b2434bd5b047e4d.jpg

Love that top:)...I have a couple of new ones. That style (for me) is

great....the straps stay up, the front covers me I already have bottoms

too.

Great to hear it is comfortable Lois, being busty up top I need something that is comfortable to wear and not straps that dig in with the weight and also keeps me in place as such:D

And you are right you can use other bottoms to mix and match and I do have others which I could wear.

Looking forward to it heating up so I can try it before we go away in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it is warmer in your neck of the woods today as it is a little bit warmer here today. I cant believe this Floridian weather and it is 3 days shy of April.

Great to hear it is comfortable Lois, being busty up top I need something that is comfortable to wear and not straps that dig in with the weight and also keeps me in place as such:D

And you are right you can use other bottoms to mix and match and I do have others which I could wear.

Looking forward to it heating up so I can try it before we go away in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it is warmer in your neck of the woods today as it is a little bit warmer here taoday. I cant believe this Floridian weather and it is 3 days shy of April.

The brand I have is not Nautica but they are the same style. And yes,

I understand...I have the same issues.

As for this weather? PLEASE.....I am ready for spring. It was 30

here yesterday morning:rolleyes: and 35 this morning:eek:

I am sailing a week from Sunday and FLL HAS to be warmer:D

The brand I have is not Nautica but they are the same style. And yes,

I understand...I have the same issues.

As for this weather? PLEASE.....I am ready for spring. It was 30

here yesterday morning:rolleyes: and 35 this morning:eek:

I am sailing a week from Sunday and FLL HAS to be warmer:D

I am reliably told that it will be ending soon and normal temps will resume. :cool:

Fingers crossed, as you say it is the mornings that are a killer, brrrrr.

Bought this Natuica suit yesterday but I paired the tankini with navy blue bottoms as it is mix and match.

Love that tankini top !!

I have a striped Nautica tankini top with Nautica black boy-short bottoms. The suit was on sale at Nordstom's but still pricey@ $100. I have to tell you, that this has been the best suit that I have ever owned, as far as quality and fit. I am a 38DD on top and the tankini has great support. It is very well made and has been worth every penny. I have been able to buy a few more tops to pair with the black bottoms and am looking forward to buying another solid Nautica boy-short bottom to do more mix & match. It's nice to always have a dry swimsuit on hand.

:)

Love that tankini top !!

I have a striped Nautica tankini top with Nautica black boy-short bottoms. The suit was on sale at Nordstom's but still pricey@ $100. I have to tell you, that this has been the best suit that I have ever owned, as far as quality and fit. I am a 38DD on top and the tankini has great support. It is very well made and has been worth every penny. I have been able to buy a few more tops to pair with the black bottoms and am looking forward to buying another solid Nautica boy-short bottom to do more mix & match. It's nice to always have a dry swimsuit on hand.

:)

Good to hear. Yes the quality is nice and yes they are a wee bit pricier, this tankini is circa $67 and $57 for the bottoms, which is hard to swallow but I find with big boobs (42F) everything well made is expensive. I will be in company this trip so wanted something pretty but good cover and support.:o

Just noticed, Nautica have a sale on at the minute and if anyone is a size 8 they have this size tankini and have a 40% sale on today.

http://www.nautica.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12851672

They also have the same pattern on a bikini in various sized on sale too.

Archived