Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

Thanks! I don't look quite like that model in it - smaller top and larger bottom :p It's a skirt, but as a PP was complaining about, it won't float up like a regular skirted bottom.

I'm guessing that PP was talking more about a swimming dress that has a much longer, looser skirt than that does. I have a similar skirted suit only with a flirty slit up the side, and it doesn't float anywhere, it's not all that long--but that little bit of extra coverage provides "just enough" modesty for me.

hi ladies. I just found this topic here on the thread. I love my skirted bathing suit but hate the way it rises to the top of the water :(. is there a way to solve this problem other than tucking the skirt into the leg of the suit when in the bubbly hot tub ?? this is what I do , but wondered if others do it also. thanks all.

I tuck mine in, also. I considered sewing (very loosely) the side seam to the panty part but thought the front and back would still float up some.

I'm guessing that PP was talking more about a swimming dress that has a much longer, looser skirt than that does. I have a similar skirted suit only with a flirty slit up the side, and it doesn't float anywhere, it's not all that long--but that little bit of extra coverage provides "just enough" modesty for me.

Ahh, that makes sense. The wide sides on this bottom cover my "problem areas" (a.k.a. my hips). In fact, I just ordered the bottoms in another color to go with another top I already own!

Dusty,

I'm having the same issue with the fuller skirts rising up and flapping around while in the pool. IT wasn't so bad with a one piece because there was fabric underneath connecting up to the "bra" or top of the suit but I just bought the most adorable 2 pc tankini and swim skirt on QVC and the top has an inverted pleat and it is fuller - and flattering for the fuller figure, but then i realized - there is NOTHING underneath.... so when I get in the water, it is going to fly up and my entire tummy area up to the "bra" area of the top of the suit will be exposed. :eek: Now, I realize if I'm down in the water, who is going to see but with my luck some pesky child with goggles will find me! LOL

How can they sell these things - don't they realize woman actually get in the water in these things? I understand most tankinis are form fitted but these are a looser style.

Here it is and unfortunately it has to go back...

http://www.qvc.com/Fit-4-U-Hips-Daydreamer-Tie-Tankini-and-Skirtini-Fashion.product.A233499.html?sc=A233499-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-16-_-A233499&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/99/a233499.001?$uslarge$

Debbie

Dusty,

I'm having the same issue with the fuller skirts rising up and flapping around while in the pool. IT wasn't so bad with a once piece because there was fabric underneath connecting up to the "bra" or top of the suit but I just bought the most adorable 2 pc tankini and swim skirt on QVC and the top has an inverted pleat and it is fuller - and flattering for the fuller figure, but then i realized - there is NOTHING underneath.... so when I get in the water, it is going to fly up and my entire tummy area up to the "bra" area of the top of the suit will be exposed. :eek: Now, I realize if I'm down in the water, who is going to see but with my luck some pesky child with goggles will find me! LOL

How can they sell these things - don't they realize woman actually get in the water in these things? I understand most tankinis are form fitted but these are a looser style.

Here it is and unfortunately it has to go back...

http://www.qvc.com/Fit-4-U-Hips-Daydreamer-Tie-Tankini-and-Skirtini-Fashion.product.A233499.html?sc=A233499-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-16-_-A233499&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/99/a233499.001?$uslarge$

Debbie

exactly my problem to :eek:. that is why when I am in the hot-tub and the bubbles are around me I tuck the skirt into the pantie of the suit. It helps keep the skirt from floating to the top. we have to do what '' we have to do '' to solve problems :D. does anyone else do this ????

hi ladies. I just found this topic here on the thread. I love my skirted bathing suit but hate the way it rises to the top of the water :(. is there a way to solve this problem other than tucking the skirt into the leg of the suit when in the bubbly hot tub ?? this is what I do , but wondered if others do it also. thanks all.

Don't have a new solution, but I want to let you know you aren't alone -- the tops of tankinis also float up! So we tuck, as well, sometimes.

Don't have a new solution, but I want to let you know you aren't alone -- the tops of tankinis also float up! So we tuck, as well, sometimes.

If the skirt has a double layer yo can do a little loose stitch to help keep it in place

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Most of them are fitted enough that they only float an inch or so--nothing worth noting.

It's on sale today - was it on sale when you bought it?

Yes, it was on sale. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't as I'm in Canada and I had to pay shipping and duty on it. Since I'm familiar with Lane Bryant sizing when I go to Buffalo, I feel comfortable ordering from them online.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I just bought this bathing suit. As a plus size woman and with an above average bust, it works so well for me. I couldn't wait to try it on and I was extremely pleased.

http://www.1-plus.com/One-piece-crisscross-swimsuit/716838,default,pd.html?dwvar_716838_color=Black&start=19&cgid=PE-Apparel-Swimwear

I just bought this bathing suit. As a plus size woman and with an above average bust, it works so well for me. I couldn't wait to try it on and I was extremely pleased.

http://www.1-plus.com/One-piece-crisscross-swimsuit/716838,default,pd.html?dwvar_716838_color=Black&start=19&cgid=PE-Apparel-Swimwear

Such a classic (and classy) suit - great choice! I also love the retro look of the two-piece you showed earlier.

Such a classic (and classy) suit - great choice! I also love the retro look of the two-piece you showed earlier.

Thanks! The two piece one may have to wait until my next cruise but this one has such a great feel to it - I can't wait to wear it.

Archived