Unlimited Soda Sticker

BKJK

I read where if you purchase your sticker at Port you get charged tax.

I have allways purchased our soda sticker at Port before and never had to pay tax. We did have to pay 15percent tip. We are going out of Port canaveral this time, has anyone pruchased a soda sticker at Port at this location? If so did you have to pay tax??

Thanks

I believe we always have had to pay tax in the embarkation port for our soda stickers..but in the grand scheme of things, if I'm worried about tax on the soda card, I have bigger issues....probably need to be drinking the free tea and lemonade instead. ;)

My husband and I are big soda drinkers, that is our only bar bill , lol however, if its cheaper at 4oclock when we set sail to buy it , I will wait till then to save a few dollars. I was just wondering because we didnt have to pay tax in the past....I would rather have the few dollars in my pocket instead of someone else's if its just a matter of waiting a couple of hours...

Not only on soda sticker, but on drinks too.... Wait a couple hours after departure before you start drink if you want to avoid it.

I read where if you purchase your sticker at Port you get charged tax.

I have allways purchased our soda sticker at Port before and never had to pay tax. We did have to pay 15percent tip. We are going out of Port canaveral this time, has anyone pruchased a soda sticker at Port at this location? If so did you have to pay tax??

Thanks

For me, I usually get a soda before sail away. Any money I might save in tax, I would pay for the soda I buy, so I buy either through BV or on deck when boarding.

This is what I do. Tax is only $2.00, and a soda is $2.00, so either buy the card, or buy the soda, and if you buy the soda because you want to wait to buy the card without tax, well, it's the same amount!

DD bought a soda the first day after sailaway THEN purchased the soda card. Her individually purchased soda was credited back to us.

Maybe some embarkation ports don't charge sales tax? Long Beach and San Diego do. The tax in Long Beach is around 10%.

We have a few soda coupons left over from a previous cruise. They come in handy when waiting to purchase the soda sticker later. Some of the lines get long. Especially the ones selling Carnival coolers at a discount when you purchase the stickers. Stickers cost less than the purchase of one mixed drink a day. The coolers are good to use around the pool or on deck. We don’t carry them around at night. We order sodas and put the glass down when it is finished. :)

Archived