Chair savers!!!

Love this picture and this is usually what I see while I am enjoying my cup of coffee - I do think that most people just need something to complain about

"Let me try this one more time I responded to the photo in which you put a blurb how you love the photo (you know the one where all the towels are on the chairs for the hogs) and that is what you see when you enjoy your morning cofee. You also wrote that people just like to complain??? I believe I was responding to that. I don't think I ever called you a chair hog, did I? If I did then I stand corrected. I don't need a detailed explaination of what you do either lol. Also, stop assuming and yes snarky is a word. "

"It is a valid complaint, it is not allowed so therefore people have a right to get irratated about it. No one should have to get up at an ungodly hour just to get a chair because others get up put their crap on the chairs and go back to bed. Be realistic and decent. "

This is my post and as I see the picture, I see chairs open.....which is why I responded that YES I see this while I enjoy my cup of coffee - I guess I must have the personality of the glass is half full :)

Hence my response some people just like to complain......

I just wanted to make myself clear, as there seemed to be some assumption - by making myself clear, it removed all doubt

Some people are so greedy. A few times we've stopped at an empty chair on the deck and sat on the edge just to tie our shoes or (in my mom's case not mine!) get something out of a purse. It never fails that someone in the next chair will tell us "it's taken". It should be obvious we weren't going to park there!

So pretty easy to comprehend my saying........some people just like to complain :D

At this point blah, blah, blah. Can we beat a dead horse any longer:confused: The timing was suspect I had impression of what you meant you say yours was half full. Must we keep going? Again very snarky, look it up if you must. :eek:

At this point blah, blah, blah. Can we beat a dead horse any longer:confused: The timing was suspect I had impression of what you meant you say yours was half full. Must we keep going? Again very snarky, look it up if you must. :eek:

I won't be the dead horse any longer, I think you made my point for me.........

Happy sailing

I also forgot to mention this, I always take a lounge chair to my stateroom to make sure I have one the following day, so much easier doing it this way.

So is it safe to assume, you are the reason there are not enough chairs on deck ;)

ok so this is more entertaining than television tonight. To have the privilege of arguing over deck chairs by the pool on a cruise ship, is really a luxury. :D

We never seem to have too much trouble finding lounge chairs on the ship. Of course we try to go out there during non peak times.

Actually, Celebrity has private cabanas that you can rent per day or half a day. That does alleviate the chair hog problem on the ship.

Now that one cruise line has implemented a cost for certain chairs I don't think it will be too long before other cruiselines follow suit.

Princess has their Serenity area that you have to pay to be in.......they still have chair hogs in there too!!!!!

My beautiful babies are a helluva lot more "special" than your towel. And I do swim with my kids. But when my 6 yr old wants to spend 4 hrs in the pool, I have every right to get out of the pool at some point, move your towel or flip flop or orange when your "special" self hasn't graced us with your appearance on deck, and continue to watch my sweet baby have a great time.

You are the same person on the kid-related thread that wanted to argue with and to pick fights with me. If you want my email address, lemme know and we can continue this further, privately. I'f not, let's hope we don't cruise together cuz I WILL move your towel while you're not occupying the chair you tried to reserve. Happy cruising to my "special" friend.

She obviously does not "get it" in why should you be forced to get up that early just to get a lounge near the pool so you can be a responsible parent and monitor your kids. She would be the first one here bitching about how there were these unruly kids in or by the pool and there were no parents to be seen. Also she one of those members on here who likes making those snarky little remarks and adding the rolling eyes icon just to incite you.

It's not just kid threads!!!!!!!

I have no problem with anyone who gets up and chooses their chairs bright and early and uses them all day. As long as you come and go and are gone no longer than the posted time limit. If it says 30 minutes then that's the rule...if you are gone 45 then I'm sorry but your chair is fair game. If I'm next to you I will try to save it for you but I'm not going to get in a fuss over it but I'll say hey they are in the pool or at the buffet but that's it if you are over the posted time limit. If some one tries to take it and you are under the limit I'll call security and let them fight it for you, that's how I am.

I do grab two chairs for the ManHo and I and if he doesn't make it down in 30 minutes and someone asks I will give his chair away, he knows this. We do take turns to go get lunch etc...It works for us. I like to hang out all day from early morning until early afternoon. We usually bond with those around us and kind of cover for when anyone needs to a take a quick break. We tend to hang out at the Serenity area or the adult pool area.

And in response to the above, there are plenty of chairs on board, life is not always fair. If I got up earlier than you and got the chair you wanted...sorry.

And there lies part of the problem.....there is no posted time limit! There is no rule that says you can save a chair for 30 minutes or less......the rule is "Saving of chairs is not allowed". Someone can get up and as they walk away I can take their chair and it's perfectly acceptable (with Carnival). That being said, someone should have the ability to run to the bathroom, get a drink, run to the cabin and get more suntan lotion, or grab a bite to eat (we are on a cruise ship after all!!) which is why most people recommend 30 minutes. But that is a recommendation made by us cruisers, not a rule created by the cruiselines.

Archived