Chair savers!!!

I love lounging in the sun, but hate the crowds!

I don't love the sun but my DH does and we both hate crowds. We never have a hard time finding an out of the way place to lounge around. The last place we want to be is right around the pool - too crowded and noisy for us.

This thread is one of the biggest reasons we hardly cruise anymore, too many people to occupy too little space. I love lounging in the sun, but hate the crowds!

Well if you save a bunch of seats and no one comes, you would not have to deal with the crowds :eek:

Smaller ships are much better

First let me say that we get our lunch in the Lido and bring it back to our chairs...........so no, I am not using one chair and saving another. It can take 30+ minutes at times to get your lunch from the Mongolian Grill or even the fish 'n chips - I guess I should tell everyone else in line that I need to go first because my chair is empty in the sun.......I think I am very nice and I do share

If I am there at about 6:00 and stay there until 3:30, I think leaving the chair for 30 minutes is reasonable. What would you do if I chose to be in the pool for 45 minutes, my seat is empty but I am in the pool; really :confused:

You said in an earlier post that you and DH have the right to have lunch together...so are you hitting the buffet and taking the food back to your chair or are you eating together in the buffet area? If it's the former, than take turns going to the buffet so as not to lose your chair/items. Being in line at the buffet together is not really having lunch together.

You said in an earlier post that you and DH have the right to have lunch together...so are you hitting the buffet and taking the food back to your chair or are you eating together in the buffet area? If it's the former, than take turns going to the buffet so as not to lose your chair/items. Being in line at the buffet together is not really having lunch together.

We have lunch together in our chairs out by the pool however, we go to the Lido (usually the Mongolian Grill or fish n' chips) and then meet back up at the chairs. Our chairs are not at the pool, too many folks there -

We enjoy lunging in the sun having beverages, chatting with friends, reading my book......

what struck me as odd was that someone suggested I should limit my time in my chair so that others could use it.....which is just ridiculous.

This thread is one of the biggest reasons we hardly cruise anymore, too many people to occupy too little space. I love lounging in the sun, but hate the crowds!

This not inclusive to cruise ships nor is it anything new......all hotels, AI's, resorts are the same........

If getting that special chair in that special place....get your butt up early and grab it.......otherwise you snooze you loose......

We have lunch together in our chairs out by the pool however, we go to the Lido (usually the Mongolian Grill or fish n' chips) and then meet back up at the chairs. Our chairs are not at the pool, too many folks there -

We enjoy lunging in the sun having beverages, chatting with friends, reading my book......

what struck me as odd was that someone suggested I should limit my time in my chair so that others could use it.....which is just ridiculous.

I actually thougt that comment was a joke:p Because that is a new one on me:D I dare someone to come and tell me my time is up lol!

Love this picture and this is usually what I see while I am enjoying my cup of coffee - I do think that most people just need something to complain about

It is a valid complaint, it is not allowed so therefore people have a right to get irratated about it. No one should have to get up at an ungodly hour just to get a chair because others get up put their crap on the chairs and go back to bed. Be realistic and decent.

It is a valid complaint, it is not allowed so therefore people have a right to get irratated about it. No one should have to get up at an ungodly hour just to get a chair because others get up put their crap on the chairs and go back to bed. Be realistic and decent.

I am realistic, I get up at the "ungodly hour" and I relax for the entire day in my chair that I hand picked along with my coffee.....I enjoy my time in the sun relaxing. I am most likely in bed while you are out dancing, seeing shows and hitting the bars......

Why do you assume I am not decent because I get up early - I guess it would be fair to say that you are lazy because you chose to sleep in :confused:

I actually thougt that comment was a joke:p Because that is a new one on me:D I dare someone to come and tell me my time is up lol!

Can you imagine, a ship full of bacon police, kids riding in the elevator ****'s and now the time cops!

I would hope that it was a joke and no one could be that ignorant

I agree 100%. Unfortunately many seem to think they have an entitlement to save the chairs and that once a piece of clothing or an object of theirs is on it, it is theirs and no one elses.:rolleyes:

There is some serious lack of courtesy by some of the tenured members on this thread. Maybe they were never taught to share.

I am realistic, I get up at the "ungodly hour" and I relax for the entire day in my chair that I hand picked along with my coffee.....I enjoy my time in the sun relaxing. I am most likely in bed while you are out dancing, seeing shows and hitting the bars......

Why do you assume I am not decent because I get up early - I guess it would be fair to say that you are lazy because you chose to sleep in :confused:

That is your choice as it is my choice to get up when I feel like it. Personally I do not get chairs by the pool but that does not mean I feel it is OK for others to get, up set their crap on a chair and leave for hours. That should not be a difficult concpet for you to understand. If you like to get snarky I can get snarky right back.

I think you had a hard time comprehending what I wrote but that is OK. :rolleyes:

I agree 100%. Unfortunately many seem to think they have an entitlement to save the chairs and that once a piece of clothing or an object of theirs is on it, it is theirs and no one elses.:rolleyes:

There is some serious lack of courtesy by some of the tenured members on this thread. Maybe they were never taught to share.

D-Roc......can you please enlighten us as to which tenured members on this thread is advocating chair hogging:confused:

That is your choice as it is my choice to get up when I feel like it. Personally I do not get chairs by the pool but that does not mean I feel it is OK for others to get, up set their crap on a chair and leave for hours. That should not be a difficult concpet for you to understand. If you like to get snarky I can get snarky right back.

I think you had a hard time comprehending what I wrote but that is OK. :rolleyes:

I believe you may have a hard time with comprehension....let's try this again, maybe you are too lazy to read all of the threads that I have written so I will do my best to explain it to you:

I get up early in the morning; I work in the health-care industry, so getting up at 5:00 in the morning is a treat for me.

I go out and find a chair for me and DH, not by the pool - I leave that for the kids and swimmers. I then walk and get my coffee; approximate time for an unattended chair is approximately 10 minutes, well within the 30 minute rule. DH is usually up and next to me by 7:00 with coffee in tow. As a side note, at this time (7:00) there are still plenty of chairs available, I would guess that in my 25+ years in cruising that the chairs really start to be taken by 9:00

Now fast forward to lunch time; we walk to the Lido (sometimes together, sometimes not), grab our lunch of choice for the day and then head back to our seats; approximate time for an unattended chair is about 25-30 minutes, again within the 30 minute rule.

We remain in our chairs and in the sun until approximately 3:30 each day. We may leave our chairs from time to time to enjoy the pool, the slide or to grab a beverage at the bar, again all within the 30 minute rule (and no, not always together but we are talking of each persons chair)

So if you wish to call me a chair hog so be it, I will then have to assume that you are "snarky" (is that a word) and someone who feels obligated to have something that someone else has.......happy sailing!

Would that "entitlement" also apply to those who think I should give you the chair that I have enjoyed for a few hours because you are ready to have one........:rolleyes:

Would that "entitlement" also apply to those who think I should give you the chair that I have enjoyed for a few hours because you are ready to have one........:rolleyes:

I never said anything of the sort. Now you are making assumptions.:rolleyes:

If I am on a lounge chair at 6AM it is because I have not gone to sleep yet :)

THIS WOULD BE ME!!! :D That will be the only way I am in a chair @ 6am. Whew. I always "try" to catch some of those sunrises & get pics...yeah, that never happens. LOL! :cool:

I never said anything of the sort. Now you are making assumptions.:rolleyes:

"agree 100%. Unfortunately many seem to think they have an entitlement to save the chairs and that once a piece of clothing or an object of theirs is on it, it is theirs and no one elses"

I guess I misunderstood you - my apology

There are some on this thread that have suggested that we should somehow be limited to the time we use our chairs......

THIS WOULD BE ME!!! :D That will be the only way I am in a chair @ 6am. Whew. I always "try" to catch some of those sunrises & get pics...yeah, that never happens. LOL! :cool:

Maybe 20 years ago, now I am lucky to catch a late show :D

"agree 100%. Unfortunately many seem to think they have an entitlement to save the chairs and that once a piece of clothing or an object of theirs is on it, it is theirs and no one elses"

I guess I misunderstood you - my apology

There are some on this thread that have suggested that we should somehow be limited to the time we use our chairs......

No problem. I actually responded to that poster and said (something like this) that was unrealistic, but I can see where they are coming from as it would be nice to others share. However, no one can put a time limit on sitting in a lounge.

I believe you may have a hard time with comprehension....let's try this again, maybe you are too lazy to read all of the threads that I have written so I will do my best to explain it to you:

I get up early in the morning; I work in the health-care industry, so getting up at 5:00 in the morning is a treat for me.

I go out and find a chair for me and DH, not by the pool - I leave that for the kids and swimmers. I then walk and get my coffee; approximate time for an unattended chair is approximately 10 minutes, well within the 30 minute rule. DH is usually up and next to me by 7:00 with coffee in tow. As a side note, at this time (7:00) there are still plenty of chairs available, I would guess that in my 25+ years in cruising that the chairs really start to be taken by 9:00

Now fast forward to lunch time; we walk to the Lido (sometimes together, sometimes not), grab our lunch of choice for the day and then head back to our seats; approximate time for an unattended chair is about 25-30 minutes, again within the 30 minute rule.

We remain in our chairs and in the sun until approximately 3:30 each day. We may leave our chairs from time to time to enjoy the pool, the slide or to grab a beverage at the bar, again all within the 30 minute rule (and no, not always together but we are talking of each persons chair)

So if you wish to call me a chair hog so be it, I will then have to assume that you are "snarky" (is that a word) and someone who feels obligated to have something that someone else has.......happy sailing!

Let me try this one more time I responded to the photo in which you put a blurb how you love the photo (you know the one where all the towels are on the chairs for the hogs) and that is what you see when you enjoy your morning cofee. You also wrote that people just like to complain??? I believe I was responding to that. I don't think I ever called you a chair hog, did I? If I did then I stand corrected. I don't need a detailed explaination of what you do either lol. Also, stop assuming and yes snarky is a word. :eek:

I agree it would be ridiculous for someone to suggest you limit your time lounging in the chair. You should stay in it as long as you like.

However, I also think it is ridiculous for people who leave the chairs to expect to be able to reclaim it. I can see going to the restroom being an exception, but if someone is doing something that keeps them away from that chair for 20-30 minutes, I am sitting in that empty chair if I want to.

Archived