Chair savers!!!

To the OP, I'm an early bird so I do save chairs while I am taking a morning walk. I am laying out by the pool by 7:00am drinking coffee. My wife joins me by 8:00am and we are done with the sun by noon. This makes another couple of people very happy. I don't see this as a problem since maybe 10 people at the most are out there at this time. The rest of the chairs are saved, unfortunately. And left

vacant for easily over an hour.

At the same time when people stroll out to the pool at 11:00am and expect to get their perfect location with 2 lounge chairs, is not being realistic . Those chairs would have been taken anyway, even without chair hogs.

My beautiful babies are a helluva lot more "special" than your towel. And I do swim with my kids. But when my 6 yr old wants to spend 4 hrs in the pool, I have every right to get out of the pool at some point, move your towel or flip flop or orange when your "special" self hasn't graced us with your appearance on deck, and continue to watch my sweet baby have a great time.

You are the same person on the kid-related thread that wanted to argue with and to pick fights with me. If you want my email address, lemme know and we can continue this further, privately. I'f not, let's hope we don't cruise together cuz I WILL move your towel while you're not occupying the chair you tried to reserve. Happy cruising to my "special" friend.

She obviously does not "get it" in why should you be forced to get up that early just to get a lounge near the pool so you can be a responsible parent and monitor your kids. She would be the first one here bitching about how there were these unruly kids in or by the pool and there were no parents to be seen. Also she one of those members on here who likes making those snarky little remarks and adding the rolling eyes icon just to incite you.

If your bringing your lunch back your seat to eat, why do you need to go together? Cant you just go 1 at a time or have 1 person get lunch for both? Thats what we always do, after all, if you are gone for an hour or so thats an hour someone else could have been using the chair. Werent we taught at childhood to "take turns"?? I bet if everyone had the "take turns" attitude (and it would have to be everyone) we wouldnt have a chair issue.

I do apologize for not responding to this quicker, was a busy day

Are you serious, first you are going to tell me how to go and get my lunch - this is so over the top that all I can say is get a clue.

You are assuming that we eat the same items, no we don't. You are assuming that I spend an hour away from my seat, again wrong! You know what they say when you assume......

I was taught to take turns, I was also taught that in life the early bird get the worm

You may not understand this but I work an endless amount of hours and I enjoy lounging my the pool and reading my book from 6-3 in my lounge chair.....and I really do not care who thinks I should get up and leave so they can have a "turn"

In this age of omnipresent smartphones with built in camers and email, I have a solution. Take a picture of the chair holding the towel and email it to yourself. This will document the time. Then move the towel and sit down. If someone comes back you can check the time - if it is less than an hour, get up and give the chair back to them. If it is more than an hour, show them the picture and time stamp and suggest they find another location.

Have you ever sat on a bench for 4 hours? My kids would stay in the pool all day when they were younger and I did the same at their age. I don't want or need to be near the pool and think the chair hogs should have to give up their chairs for parents to watch their kids rather than save chairs for 4 hours when no one comes.

I don't sit by the pool either but I don't think parents with kids should have priority over any chairs. If someone is hogging chairs then Carnival needs to handle it.....if anyone has a problem they can just alert security.

I know all about parenting and if my kids wanted to swim and I needed a chair by the pool I would get my butt up early and make it happen. And if there was only a bench then I sat on it. I have control over how long my kids will be swimming not them. That is part of parenting......complaining will get you nowhere.....my kids learned they were not any more special then any other human being.......

Parenting can be very stressful at times and a vacation away from them might be just what the doctor ordered;)

If you are one of those that stand around and time chairs......how hard is it to let security know? Really?

She obviously does not "get it" in why should you be forced to get up that early just to get a lounge near the pool so you can be a responsible parent and monitor your kids. She would be the first one here bitching about how there were these unruly kids in or by the pool and there were no parents to be seen. Also she one of those members on here who likes making those snarky little remarks and adding the rolling eyes icon just to incite you.

Who is she:confused:

I was under the impression that the deck chairs were "open seating". With budget cuts and economic downturns, I would assume that if Carnival wanted to make the seating "reserved", they could do so rather easily and with a nice profit.

How about if you want a reserved deck chair to call your own, you pay for a balcony?

oh...let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin ;)

Many of the RCCL ships have reseved pool seating, reserved show seating, and other on deck perks when you buy a suite. It's awsome and we have taken advantage of it.

Although then the argument turns from chair hogging to the "It's not fair to have reseved seating or other perks just because you bought a suite" argument.

It's never ends. Just get up early and plop yourself in a chair if you want one so bad.

However, there always seems to be seating at the pool bars so I don't understand all the outrage!!!:D

First let me say that we get our lunch in the Lido and bring it back to our chairs...........so no, I am not using one chair and saving another. It can take 30+ minutes at times to get your lunch from the Mongolian Grill or even the fish 'n chips - I guess I should tell everyone else in line that I need to go first because my chair is empty in the sun.......I think I am very nice and I do share

If I am there at about 6:00 and stay there until 3:30, I think leaving the chair for 30 minutes is reasonable. What would you do if I chose to be in the pool for 45 minutes, my seat is empty but I am in the pool; really :confused:

My issue is, with 2K+ people on board, why do you that having a chair for 9+ hours all to yourself is ok? Why don't people who keep a chair ALL DAY not think, "gee, I've sat here for long enough - I should let someone else have this chair' Really - keeping a chair for 9 hours (whether you are IN it the entire time or you SAVE it now and then while going to grab food) just seems selfish. Let others enjoy the chairs that are close to the pool also. I think 2-3 hours is plenty of time for someone to solely occupy a chair.

I have no problem with anyone who gets up and chooses their chairs bright and early and uses them all day. As long as you come and go and are gone no longer than the posted time limit. If it says 30 minutes then that's the rule...if you are gone 45 then I'm sorry but your chair is fair game. If I'm next to you I will try to save it for you but I'm not going to get in a fuss over it but I'll say hey they are in the pool or at the buffet but that's it if you are over the posted time limit. If some one tries to take it and you are under the limit I'll call security and let them fight it for you, that's how I am.

I do grab two chairs for the ManHo and I and if he doesn't make it down in 30 minutes and someone asks I will give his chair away, he knows this. We do take turns to go get lunch etc...It works for us. I like to hang out all day from early morning until early afternoon. We usually bond with those around us and kind of cover for when anyone needs to a take a quick break. We tend to hang out at the Serenity area or the adult pool area.

And in response to the above, there are plenty of chairs on board, life is not always fair. If I got up earlier than you and got the chair you wanted...sorry.

With 3700 people on the Glory last week, by 7:30am there were no chairs on Decks 9, 10 or 11; I was up at 6am saving four chairs but there were literally people tying two chairs together with the shirt on their backs! By 10am the only chairs available were in the smoking area.........live and learn!

My issue is, with 2K+ people on board, why do you that having a chair for 9+ hours all to yourself is ok? Why don't people who keep a chair ALL DAY not think, "gee, I've sat here for long enough - I should let someone else have this chair' Really - keeping a chair for 9 hours (whether you are IN it the entire time or you SAVE it now and then while going to grab food) just seems selfish. Let others enjoy the chairs that are close to the pool also. I think 2-3 hours is plenty of time for someone to solely occupy a chair.

While tehre is nothing wrong with them doing so, it would be consider considerate if they would not sit there all day. But some people are just no brought up to share.

That's actually a great idea! I'm a very early riser and love walking to the Lido deck for coffee while everyone else is still asleep. I could do just a wee bit of "stuff shuffling" to see what happens. Hmmmmmmmmmm.... :D

Make sure you have your finger on the "record" button ahead of time! I'd love to see this!:D

Really - this is the best thing that you can say - now I owe you time in a chair because you have decided what my time limit is in enjoying the sun or the pool area......that is not only incredibly rude of you but equally ignorant. I'd rather be consider selfish than obligated :p

Ok to tell the truth DH and I are early risers. We do get to the pool early and usually get good seats. However the only time a chair is being saved, by myself or DH is if the other is in the pool, and it's not for that long.

However I will also say usually by lunch time we are ready to get out of the sun for a little while anyway, so we take our stuff when we leave the chairs. Since we are are such early birds we usually never have trouble finding a chair, but if there isn't one close to the pool we can always go up to the next deck and find seats.

We are also early risers and have no problems finding a couple of poolside chairs so that we can watch our children swim but if we were to get out there later one day I sure as sheep wouldn't be getting all huffy, moving peoples things and getting into a confrontation over a deck chair.

Im on vacation not chair patrol.

For me, as long as there's cocktail service, I don't care where I sit. Sun, shade, up 4 flights of stairs... I've got my Kindle and as long as someone brings me those fruity little drinks with the umbrellas in them, I'm all good! :D It annoys me when people save chairs, but I'm on vacation and I'm going to have a good time regardless!

We are also early risers and have no problems finding a couple of poolside chairs so that we can watch our children swim but if we were to get out there later one day I sure as sheep wouldn't be getting all huffy, moving peoples things and getting into a confrontation over a deck chair.

Im on vacation not chair patrol.

LOL! Yep so easy.....this is what we did when we brought our kids on vacation with us......

I don't think relocating someone's items is wrong. They should take their items with them when they leave the seat. Everyone has paid to be on the ship, and those seats are not assigned to just you! If you want to keep your seat, stay in it. If you move, take your things with you.

I don't think relocating someone's items is wrong. They should take their items with them when they leave the seat. Everyone has paid to be on the ship, and those seats are not assigned to just you! If you want to keep your seat, stay in it. If you move, take your things with you.

Bravo!

Archived