Chair savers!!!

You are kidding right? You need to get your butt down on Waikiki and Kaanapali beach early to get a good spot........then watch out when it starts to get high tide:D And the pools are worse....it pretty much happens everywhere especially high season......

Kaanapali Beach is our favorite. You must be staying at one of the concrete jungle hotels on the strip. Live a little and try something smaller. True paradise. :) I wouldn't recommend Waikiki unless you want a big city in the tropics, beaches are crowded there. However really no chair hogs because you usually just lay on your towel there. Also avoid high season anywhere on vacation if you want some peacefulness.

I get up at 6:00 am - I like that time of morning. I save a chair for myself and my DH...........I don't get up just because I want a chair, I am an early riser - the ship is nice and quiet. Mind you my DH is up and in his chair before other chairs are taken, so why would it bother you that we want to sit next to each other? FYI - we are also out there the entire day, we leave the seats to go and grab lunch - should you touch my stuff then, or should we not be allowed to go and get lunch together

Why would it bother any of you that I get up so early, go for a cup of coffee and read my book?

Why is it that some people think that two wrongs make a right, touching (oh sorry, relocating) someone Else's items is wrong.........regardless

OK....pardon me as I am only on page 1 of 11 -- but I don't think YOU are who the OP was intending answer the question...as what you have described seems perfectly fine to me....unless you leave for hours at a time while still saving your chair.

Kaanapali Beach is our favorite. You must be staying at one of the concrete jungle hotels on the strip. Live a little and try something smaller. True paradise. :) I wouldn't recommend Waikiki unless you want a big city in the tropics, beaches are crowded there. However really no chair hogs because you usually just lay on your towel there. Also avoid high season anywhere on vacation if you want some peacefulness.

We stay at the Kaanapali Alii ocean front in Maui...the sheraton by black rock is a concrete jungle;) Waikiki is our fav and we always rent chairs and umbrellas......been hanging in Hawaii for many years...know all the ends and outs....Waikiki is my fav.........

OK.....I did not read this entire thread....think I made through 7 pages...so sorry if I missed anything.

Personally, there are some Sea Days when I DO get up early and go out on the Lido Deck. I get a cup of coffee and find myself a nice lounge chair. I enjoy being on an upper tier/deck somewhere in the vicinity of the main pool area so I can hear the band and see the fun and games. Sometimes I doze off for a bit. On my last cruise the chair hoggers really amazed me!

One morning I watched as a young boy (maybe about 11 years old) came out on the deck and proceeded to save a row of about 10 chairs!! Now that one really won the prize for me! Sending your kid out to save deck chairs!!! The poor child was working so hard....climbing around and making sure all those towels were tucked in tightly etc. Then he left and I had to about 3 hours before anyone came back to lay on those chairs. It was ridiculous!

ANother story....on my very first cruise my friend and I had been sitting out for a few hours. There were a couple of chairs that had towels and no people the whole time. At some point someone came along and moved those towels and took the chairs. .....skip to later.....I went off to the bathroom and when I came back I found my friend in a literal battle Tug O War style with this woman over a towel.....Apparently the Chair Hogger showed up and upset that their towels were missing this woman came over to my chair and attempted to take MY towel so she would not have to pay the fee for her now missing one!!!! Well my friend was NOT going to let that happen!!! It is pretty funny to think back on now!

OK....pardon me as I am only on page 1 of 11 -- but I don't think YOU are who the OP was intending answer the question...as what you have described seems perfectly fine to me....unless you leave for hours at a time while still saving your chair.

You are correct, we cleared that up. What began to upset some people is that a few folks thought we should be limited to the time we use the chairs, someone was even rude enough to wish cancer on those who spend too long in the sun :mad:

So yes, it's fine to get up early and enjoy the day lounging by the pool

Thanks to everyone that answered. It will be my first cruise in 47 days on the Valor. We have a 17 and 19 year old, so unless i want to swim I don't see why I need to be near the pool. Just an area away from the mass crowd for sun and maybe a little shade. But also access to water. We only have two sea days so I hope for no fights and craziness over chairs, food, etc...

I do think if you are making lounge covers with your names on it to set on chairs then you may be taking it a little too far... send that money to charity...

We stay at the Kaanapali Alii ocean front in Maui...the sheraton by black rock is a concrete jungle;) Waikiki is our fav and we always rent chairs and umbrellas......been hanging in Hawaii for many years...know all the ends and outs....Waikiki is my fav.........

It's funny but I can't go to Maui or Hawaii (big island) without spending at least a week in Waikiki. My dh loves Dukes Canoe Bar and I love the shopping, and we also spend some time in the north shore. I used to live in Hawaii and was very happy to introduce my dh to that area of the world, it is now one of his favorite places to vacation.

I do think if you are making lounge covers with your names on it to set on chairs then you may be taking it a little too far... send that money to charity...

Seriously? $20 for a towel with a name on it is cheaper than what Carnival will charge you if you lose theirs. They are available online. Why do you care what people spend $20 on after they spent thousands on a cruise? What do you spend $20 on that I think is frivolous?

It's funny but I can't go to Maui or Hawaii (big island) without spending at least a week in Waikiki. My dh loves Dukes Canoe Bar and I love the shopping, and we also spend some time in the north shore. I used to live in Hawaii and was very happy to introduce my dh to that area of the world, it is now one of his favorite places to vacation.

I agree! Oahu is the only island we spend time on anymore. Infact we normally stay at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach just a few down from Dukes......love that you can walk just about anywhere and they really did a great makeover on Lewers St. Lots of nightlife unlike the other islands where you need a car to get places.....You can have both of best worlds on Oahu......great shopping, nightlife, beaches etc.......and a short drive over to the North Shore and you are in heaven. I wish I could have the opportunity to live there....

Ok now back to our regular program....chair hogging:D

If everyone that is concerned about the problem just get together and decide on one particular week out of the month, any month, like say the third week of the month and just don't buy a cruise for that week.

Be assured that Carnival monitors these boards and if enough people boycotted the third week of the month - and talked about it here, Carnival would take notice. As it is, they don't give a poop about a few people grumbling unless it hits them in the bank account. Let them have to start discounting to fill cabins and see how fast they amend their "enforcement" policies.

Seriously? $20 for a towel with a name on it is cheaper than what Carnival will charge you if you lose theirs. They are available online. Why do you care what people spend $20 on after they spent thousands on a cruise? What do you spend $20 on that I think is frivolous?

Pipe down, the poster was referring to buying towels with your names on it to save chairs. Don't you think your font is a bit much?

I don't see why so many people think they have to sit right next to the pools. My wife and I sit about two levels up from the main pool and can sit in the same two seat everyday without any trouble. Plus we are only steps away from the other pool on deck 10.

Because we have kids who want to use the pool and we, as parents, would like to monitor them

Admitted chair saver here. Usually go for coffee around 7 and take towels and put them on select chairs poolside and a good view of stage. The wife joins me around 8 and we have breakfast, a walk topside and the go to the chairs and stay most of the day except lunch. We generally meet others, doing same in chairs left and right and become friends throught the week.

Never did at first, but after 4 or 5 cruises, it became obvious that if you did not, there were no chairs in any decent sections available.

I

Be assured that Carnival monitors these boards and if enough people boycotted the third week of the month - and talked about it here, Carnival would take notice

It`s been detailed many times here that only 1-2 % of cruisers read this blog. Not a big threat to CCL.

To all the chair hogs and some closet chair hogs - you win, I give. I will not fight with you, argue with you or waste my precious vacation time getting upset about you or what you do. Not that I think you are right - you just aren't worth it. I am on vacation. To give you the power to mess up my vacation would be my fault, not yours.

Chair hogs are like mosquitoes in the South - they exist and they irritate the heck out of you. They do not care that they irritate you. They want what they want at all costs. No matter how many mosquitoes you defeat, there will be two more to take their place. Eradication? Forget about it - ain't happenin' !!

Hog your chairs, I will find another one. And if I can't find one, so be it. Ca ca occurs. Everyone can't have everything all the time. You will never have the power to ruin - or even put a dent in - my vacation.

I don't see why so many people think they have to sit right next to the pools. My wife and I sit about two levels up from the main pool and can sit in the same two seat everyday without any trouble. Plus we are only steps away from the other pool on deck 10.

There is no need for everyone to sit next to the pool with plenty of chairs to be had.......we do the same and too are only steps away to dunk ourselves to cool off.

i get up at 6:00 am and save at least 6 chairs for my family that will most likely never make an appearance a pool ... i also smuggle my own alcohol on board, wear shorts and sandals into the main dining room and allow my children to scream and run through "adult only areas" all the while complaining of the lack of service i am receiving on the ship

:) happy sailing to all lol

(for anyone who has yet to realize i am kidding ... i am lol)

If everyone that is concerned about the problem just get together and decide on one particular week out of the month, any month, like say the third week of the month and just don't buy a cruise for that week.

Be assured that Carnival monitors these boards and if enough people boycotted the third week of the month - and talked about it here, Carnival would take notice. As it is, they don't give a poop about a few people grumbling unless it hits them in the bank account. Let them have to start discounting to fill cabins and see how fast they amend their "enforcement" policies.

And why should they:confused: Good luck on the boycott:p

i get up at 6:00 am and save at least 6 chairs for my family that will most likely never make an appearance a pool ... i also smuggle my own alcohol on board, wear shorts and sandals into the main dining room and allow my children to scream and run through "adult only areas" all the while complaining of the lack of service i am receiving on the ship

:) happy sailing to all lol

(for anyone who has yet to realize i am kidding ... i am lol)

Loved that!! And so true for some!

Archived