Sapphire Princess 04-23-11 sailing with 80% or 20% capacity???

ShipShape4me

I just read on the 04-23-11 Sapphire Roll call that the ship is sailing at 20% capacity. Do you think that it is really possible? Anyone know how to confirm the passenger load?

That 20% must be sailing in the 50% of the cabin categories that are wait-listed....:D

I think the person who posted that was either confused about what she heard or terribly misinformed. What she wrote about the meet and greet does not match any of the many experiences posted here on cruise critic, either. So my money is on somebody giving her terribly wrong information.

I just looked and the ship is pretty open. There are some great specials on this sailing - insides for $350, balconies for $550 and minisuites for $750.

I can't tell what percentage is open but it is pretty open.

We were sailing during 9/11. Needless to say most people in the U.S. weren't wanting to travel right after that horrible attack. We were told that the next weeks cruise may be canceled if they didn't reach 50% occupancy and offered us incredible fares to stay on board another week. All we wanted to do was get home.

I just looked and the ship is pretty open. There are some great specials on this sailing - insides for $350, balconies for $550 and minisuites for $750.

I oh so wish I could have gone that week! :) Our 4/30 sailing just had a price drop too... It looks pretty open except for the mini-suites... I hope this is not a trend and that Princess does not drop the MR...

Coral, I just looked this up here is some of what I found.

Minis all W/L lowest price $999

Balconies open from $799

OV obstructive W/L open lowest price $549

Inside open from $499

I was interested because we are on the 5/7 sailing to Vancouver which has been full for a very long time with prices going up not down. Could be regional pricing maybe.

At least for now, Princess is maintaining a presence there through 2013. That said, with all the problems and negative press, its just not a popular destination right now.

I oh so wish I could have gone that week! :) Our 4/30 sailing just had a price drop too... It looks pretty open except for the mini-suites... I hope this is not a trend and that Princess does not drop the MR...

OK... I called Princess and asked how full is the ship. The answer was "ooooo.... there are a lot of rooms avalible." I asked if she could tell me a number. The relpy was "Well, this is guess but maybe the ship is only 75% sold."

OK... More elbow room and smaller lines for me.

I just checked - from Canada, with past passenger discount balconies are 999 and up. Lido and Caribe about 1200. Thats no big deal for us!

Of course that is in Canadian $$$. They are worth $1.03 everywhere except on Princess!!!

I do not know what percent, but when I checked a couple of weeks ago there was plenty availability on a May Princess cruise I am on. Shortly after that, prices plunged for new bookings.

The lower prices had some effect as they are now back up to what they were before they were lowered. And the roll call, which probably represents less than 3% of passengers, has been gaining members every day.

It may not sail full, but there will be many cabins sold between now and sailaway.

Coral, I just looked this up here is some of what I found.

Minis all W/L lowest price $999

Balconies open from $799

OV obstructive W/L open lowest price $549

Inside open from $499

I was interested because we are on the 5/7 sailing to Vancouver which has been full for a very long time with prices going up not down. Could be regional pricing maybe.

They are flash fares - so you need to contact a TA. Princess direct will not quote this. I double checked my numbers and put in an airport clear across the country and my numbers are still accurate.

How did you check the prices?

Archived