EZ check question

cruisequilter

Can someone explain the process? We pay $20 per person, they take the bags the night before and give us boarding passes--all that sounds great. What about the stuff we have left the next morning? Will we retrieve the bags at the pier before we depart for the airport so we could pack those items, shave/makeup stuff, Saturday night clothes? Or do we have to have a carryon bag for that last night stuff? I'm so used to checking all luggage I don't think about the carryon rules usually, TSA stuff you can't carryon.

We're on the Ruby next week and will be flying Southwest out of FLL, if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.

You'll need a carry-on. I take near empty bottles of products with me on cruises so I don't have to carry them home. At the end of the cruise I just throw the bottles/containers away. After dinner, I usually change into the clothes I'll wear the next day and put my suitcase out. I even take a worn out piece of nightclothes to wear the last night and toss it in the morning. I do have to carry home my make-up, brush, etc. EZ Check is great. The only disappointment I've had is when they don't offer it!

In FLL, you will not have access to your suitcase until you reach your final destination once you put it out the night before. I bring only travel sizes of toiletries on a cruise and throw out the used/almost empty bottles/cans when I disembark. I have a rolling backpack as my carry-on and a small purse, so I'm not carrying a lot disembarkation day. As has been mentioned, I shower and change into my travel clothes before dinner so all I have to put into my carry-on is jewelry, make-up, comb and brush,, electronics (including my Kindle), and nightgown. It's very doable.

Hi, were also flying Southwest out of FLA., Do you know for sure that it will be offered for Southwest airlines? I haven't gotten a firm answer from either the cruise line or airlines

Southwest was on the list when we came home from FLL in February.

Where do you find a list of airlines who participate in this service? We are flying Frontier home from Anchorage and would love to avail ourselves of this service.

Mom C

Where do you find a list of airlines who participate in this service?

If EZCheck is offered on your cruise, there will be a form listing the airlines, charges, and time requirements sent to your cabin during the cruise.

If you want to participate, you fill out the form and turn it in.

There is no way to find out pre-cruise because the list of partcipating airlines often changes.

We just used EZ check for Southwest out of FLL last week - worked great!

Hi there Cruise2End:

I just called Princess to confirm and they are telling me that Southwest is not

on their list of EZ chek baggage handling airlines?

Were you able to place your bags outside your cabin the night before and pick them up at the end of your destination??

or did you use the Southwest baggage kiosk in the terminal when you disembarked at Fort Lauderdale...after you retrieved your bags and went through customs???

Cheers,

Dawna

retiredtimes2

Were you able to place your bags outside your cabin the night before and pick them up at the end of your destination??

or did you use the Southwest baggage kiosk in the terminal when you disembarked at Fort Lauderdale...after you retrieved your bags and went through customs???

Posters have indicated that thye Southwest baggage kiosk (bagstogo) no longer exists, but that Southwest is now an option on EZCheck (at least sometimes) at Port Everglades.

I have a question, my cruise ends on saturday (ends in vancouver) BUT we are taking princess transfer to seattle and flying out the NEXT morning, if delta participates in the ezcheck, can I use them EVEN though I'm not leaving until the Sunday OR do you have to be leaving on that SAT? Thanks ahead of time. :)

Posters have indicated that thye Southwest baggage kiosk (bagstogo) no longer exists, but that Southwest is now an option on EZCheck (at least sometimes) at Port Everglades.

Thanks caribill.

I also called Southwest...they said yes they are on the Princess list.:D

I guess the rep at Princess that I spoke to must have missed that memo! :p

Hopefully they will be on the list end of September when we disembark

the Emerald from the transatlantic!

Cheers,

Dawna:)

We were on the Emerald Feb 17th, and We did the EZCheck with AA and our friends were on WN, and they did it also. We all got to LAX and our luggage was there. After we put it outside the cabin the night before, we did not see it till we got to LAX..this is the best thing EVER!!!

SO EASY and great to not hassle lugging the luggage at dis embarkation. THANKS Princess!

Do you just do this while on the ship or does it require an advance reservation?

A few days into the cruise you will receive a form about EZCheck. You sign up by filling out the form and returning it to the Purser's desk.

I have a question, my cruise ends on saturday (ends in vancouver) BUT we are taking princess transfer to seattle and flying out the NEXT morning, if delta participates in the ezcheck, can I use them EVEN though I'm not leaving until the Sunday OR do you have to be leaving on that SAT? Thanks ahead of time. :)

a) EZCheck is only available for the day of disembarkation.

b) EZCheck is not available in Seattle when you disembark in Vancouver.

Archived