Balcony Rooms with 4 passengers

erinlaw

We are planning a cruise on the new Carnival Magic later this year. There will be four of us--DH and 2 DD (ages 2 and 6). Has anyone stayed in a standard balcony room with two children? How did they provide beds for everyone? We have been used to a king and a twin size bed when we had just one DD.:) Any insight would be appreciated!

You probably will have a convertible sofa, one upper and the two twins that push together for the queen/king size.

I would go to cruisedeckplans site and look at all the configurations, and see what is offered and if there are some that are different choices.

Magic will also have the family OVs with the split baths, but those only come in OV category where you could have 4 beds on the floor.

We have a cove balcony on the Dream at the end of this month. Our kids are 5 & 2. We have an upper for the 5 year old and will be using our pack n play for the 2 year old. It also has a sofa bed if your 2 year old is ready for that.

Your cabin steward can bring you a pack n play. Are you bringing your own from home??

Id bring as little as I could.

We are staying in a standard balcony room with our kids 7&3 next weekend on the Glory. Our room has a king (2 twins pushed together) an upper bunk and lower. Our 7 year old will be staying in the upper and 3 year old in the lower. Our 7 year old is excited she gets to sleep in a "bunk" style bed. You will notice on the deck plans they are the cabins with the square on them.

Jenn

Deck plans say Two Twin Beds (convert to king) Single Convertible Sofa and Upper

The extra bed is actually your sofa unless you need it for a bed. They take off the pillows on the back and its now a extra twin bed, but doesnt have as good of a mattress as the regular twins.

Dont always go by the deck plans shown also because there are 4 of us staying in a balcony that by the deck plans show no drop down bunk actually has one. Had to call Carnival to make our pvp didnt screw up:D

We had a standard Balcony on the Carnival Splendor that sleeps four. In the cabin were myself, DH, DS and DD (both 16). It was close but doable ... we definitely had some family bonding moments. Here are our pics:

Balcony Cabin #9237 on Carnival Splendor.

IMG_4728-1small.jpg

IMG_4736-1small.jpg

Here is the fourth bunk pulled down ... please pardon our mess!

IMG_4748-1small.jpg

And here is the balcony:

IMG_4740-1small.jpg

IMG_4737-1small.jpg

We were comfortable, though my DS (who 'won' the top bunk) decided to just pull the mattress off each night and sleep on the floor (he's 6' tall). This worked out okay ... we just had to remember he was down there if we got up in the middle of the night! :eek:

We have done 3 family cruises on Carnival. My oldest is snow 10 and second is 8. They startted when they were 6 and 4. They love the pulldown bed and the couch is really comfortable. I have ended up in the pulldown and the couch and I am 5'11" 190 pound guy. Balconies are a great escape from the reality as well

We have done 3 family cruises on Carnival. My oldest is snow 10 and second is 8. They startted when they were 6 and 4. They love the pulldown bed and the couch is really comfortable. I have ended up in the pulldown and the couch and I am 5'11" 190 pound guy. Balconies are a great escape from the reality as well

Every cruise we have ever taken (except my last Glory cruise) has been with the 4 of us - we started when kids were 4/7. Kids now 19/22, and until recently we were all in one standard balcony cabin for every cruise, and survived! The "kids" used to fight over the top "bunk" - very comfortable up there. You should have no problem with 2 little ones!

I dont know how you folks with older kids do it. Last cruise we put the kids in a inside room across the hall and on the up coming trip they are in a balcony next to us ( really good price). Its a vaction that DW and I worked hard for and we want some alone time

I dont know how you folks with older kids do it. Last cruise we put the kids in a inside room across the hall and on the up coming trip they are in a balcony next to us ( really good price). Its a vaction that DW and I worked hard for and we want some alone time

LOL ... I hear you! Our first cruise as a 'new family' (we brought together five kids with our marriage) was on the Imagination. There were seven of us happily sharing space in two OV cabins. Our last Splendor trip found just four of us sharing the Balcony (which by the way is very helpful with the space issue) cabin. We are a tolerant family to say the least.

But, our next two cruises will give us all the alone time ... we aren't taking any kids. In fact, this will be our first cruise together alone! Go us!:D

Archived