Adding an additional passenger to booking?

I've just put a hold on a cabin for 3 people for a Med cruise next summer and can't decide whether to change it to 4 people. There is a possibility that a 4th person may join us but I won't be 100% sure of this until much nearer sail date.

I know it's not guaranteed but if there is availability for me to add an additional passenger at a later date would the price for the 4th person be locked to the same as I am paying for the 3rd? Or (I'm assuming prices with go up nearer sail date) would adding an extra person mean that the 3rd & 4th passenger (or all of us) pay more?

I'll be booking with RCI in the UK, don't know if this makes any difference?

Hi. We have booked a d1 for next year for 3 (which can accommodate 4) and may add our eldest son nearer the time if he decides he still wants to holiday with us! I checked when I booked if we added him would it be the same price as our 3rd person rate and they said yes. We booked in the uk. Just make sure you book a cabin big enough for 4 and you will get same price.

Hi. We have booked a d1 for next year for 3 (which can accommodate 4) and may add our eldest son nearer the time if he decides he still wants to holiday with us! I checked when I booked if we added him would it be the same price as our 3rd person rate and they said yes. We booked in the uk. Just make sure you book a cabin big enough for 4 and you will get same price.

Oh and of course as long as ships not full of course!

3rd & 4th passenger rates do not typically fluctuate. They are standard based on the catagory of the cabin / sailing.

Where you may have difficulty is whether or not they will ALLOW you to add a 4th at a later date. Even though the cabin can accomodate 4 people does not mean they will book it to capacity. They do not book every cabin to full capacity. So as the ship fills up they determine which cabins they will allow X number of people to be in regardless of how many beds there are in the cabin. Does this make any sense?

volleyballmom87 - that makes total sense!

Thanks trolleydolly thats exactly what I wanted to hear. We are in a similar situation, DD1 will be at uni but her course has very few contact hours so she may decide to tag along and do her studying between ports/food/gym/sunbathing. However, by next year she may of course be having the time of her life and not want to come so I don't want to book her just yet.

I'm looking at one of the big corner afts on Indy so I know there's plenty of room for us all .. as long as there's capacity! And if not - well I'm still going :)

There is no guarantee, just because your cabin will take 4 that they will allow the 4th person to be booked. The price may be the same but the availability may not

That will be entirely dependent on

a) the number of 4 berth cabins already booked

b) the ships capacity

c) the decks capacity

Do not, please. for your own sake make assumptions that are not an absolute guarantee

We had a D3 on the Allure. I booked it because of the location and price (resident discount) not realizing that it held 3 people.

30 days prior tp departure we wanted to add a third person to our reservation. We were happy that berths were available and that the pricing for the third person was not the current third person price ( which was more than the original price for the first/second person in the cabin) but was in fact the price for a third at the time of the original booking, (8 months prior) .

M

volleyballmom87 - that makes total sense!

Thanks trolleydolly thats exactly what I wanted to hear. We are in a similar situation, DD1 will be at uni but her course has very few contact hours so she may decide to tag along and do her studying between ports/food/gym/sunbathing. However, by next year she may of course be having the time of her life and not want to come so I don't want to book her just yet.

I'm looking at one of the big corner afts on Indy so I know there's plenty of room for us all .. as long as there's capacity! And if not - well I'm still going :)

We were too late for the corner aft on Indy for next year which we've had before and loved and had to settle for 1702 next door, which we have also had before. Still a fab cabin but not as big as the corner afts. Have a wonderful time. Our biggest problem is that if our eldest does come he has to share with his 8 year old brother (thats the bit he's not keen on!)

There is no guarantee, just because your cabin will take 4 that they will allow the 4th person to be booked. The price may be the same but the availability may not

That will be entirely dependent on

a) the number of 4 berth cabins already booked

b) the ships capacity

c) the decks capacity

Do not, please. for your own sake make assumptions that are not an absolute guarantee

Thanks, I see what you are saying. We will make a decision whether he is coming about 6 months out I think so hopefully we will still be able to book him on if not, well too bad (he should of said yes at the beginning!!!) What a mean mother I am:D

To insure that he could cruise with you, if he chooses later on, why not book him now , You can cancel him without penalty prior to final payment and apply his deposit to the final payment?;)

Just noticed you said your TA is in the UK , there may be wacky rules . Check with your TA about canceling a 4th guest .

3rd & 4th passenger rates do not typically fluctuate. They are standard based on the catagory of the cabin / sailing.

Where you may have difficulty is whether or not they will ALLOW you to add a 4th at a later date. Even though the cabin can accomodate 4 people does not mean they will book it to capacity. They do not book every cabin to full capacity. So as the ship fills up they determine which cabins they will allow X number of people to be in regardless of how many beds there are in the cabin. Does this make any sense?

This is so true. You should add them now & cancel before final payment. One time my husband & I had a cruise booked while my daughter was on summer vacation with her father. She had to come home early unexpectedly and although we had a triple cabin, they would not let me add her due to capacity controls. It does not matter how many beds it's number of people.

Archived