Airport to Vancover Criuse Dock ?

tallperson

We land in Vancover and need to get to the cruise ship dock. Should I pre book a shuttle or take a cab? Silly question but do I need to get some Loons prior to arrival in Canada. The cab or shuttle will be my only purchase in Canada.

We land in Vancover and need to get to the cruise ship dock. Should I pre book a shuttle or take a cab? Silly question but do I need to get some Loons prior to arrival in Canada. The cab or shuttle will be my only purchase in Canada.

We took the Sky train right from the airport to the cruise port it cost us about $7 or 8. each. It was quick & very enjoyable. If you just google- Sky Train Vancouver you can find all information.

You won't need "Loons" if you use a credit card - just be sure to ask if the cabbie takes credit cards before getting in. I think most of them do. I would recommend a shuttle as well. If you do the Sky Train you won't have to tip anyone.

Skytrain is easiest and cheapest. I think they also take credit cards so you wouldn't need any "Loonies" :) It's $8.75 pp and a 25 minute ride. You come up a block from Canada Place with Elevators. It's cheaper than this if you're a Senior or travelling on a weekend.

Cab would be around $30 - $35 they'll take credit cards, ask them about US Cash...just be prepared to pay more as the Canadian $$ is worth more than the US right now :p

Hi,

If you don't mind lugging your bags, there is CanadaLine transit leaves right from the airport to Waterfront station,from there, ~~ 10 minutes walk to cruise terminal ( at the most). total time elapsed,max 45 minutes

CAD8.00 /pp =coin machines, cash given back.Best to have exact coins totalling about $18.00

Otherwise, a cab is your best bet, ~~ $35.00+tip for the cab; most if not all accept Visa. Allow ~~ 35 minutes from airport to directly inside cruise terminal.

Also allow for the typical shoreman's tip at the cruise terminal, coins not needed. Of course, they'll take USD notes anytime.

Happy sails

Cheers

I am from vancouver, and in my opinion skytraing is the best, you board right at the airport, and the stop at the port is right in front, dont even need to cross the road, just need to make sure you find the right exit at the station, it is super easy and muchh cheaper than a cab, especialy if its only for 2-3 people, let me know if u have more questions

I tip generously when appropriate and when deserved.

I have been on the Sky trane website and am unsure what train to get on and what station to get off at.

We fly Alaska Air and cruise on Millenium if that helps.

Thanks again all.

See you on board.

I am from vancouver, and in my opinion skytraing is the best, you board right at the airport, and the stop at the port is right in front, dont even need to cross the road, just need to make sure you find the right exit at the station, it is super easy and muchh cheaper than a cab, especialy if its only for 2-3 people, let me know if u have more questions

I tip generously when appropriate and when deserved.

I have been on the Sky trane website and am unsure what train to get on and what station to get off at.

We fly Alaska Air and cruise on Millenium if that helps.

Thanks again all.

See you on board.

You honestly can't go wrong. The track starts at the airport and ends at Waterfront which is Canada Place so there is zero chance of messing up. In the airport they'll be signs for the train it only goes in one direction, just stay on until Waterfront, the last stop.

There are two piers in Vancouver - Canada Place and Ballantyne - be sure you know which pier your ship will be leaving from. We have sailed RCCL to Alaska from Vancouver and have used both piers........they are a distance apart. Be sure to check your cruise documents!!!!

There are two piers in Vancouver - Canada Place and Ballantyne - be sure you know which pier your ship will be leaving from. We have sailed RCCL to Alaska from Vancouver and have used both piers........they are a distance apart. Be sure to check your cruise documents!!!!

Ballantyne wasn't used at all last year and I believe is only being used one day this year and it's not by Celebrity so no worries on which dock. Everything is coming into Canada Place.

You honestly can't go wrong. The track starts at the airport and ends at Waterfront which is Canada Place so there is zero chance of messing up. In the airport they'll be signs for the train it only goes in one direction, just stay on until Waterfront, the last stop.

How far must you schlep your luggage ... and over what terrain?

TALLPERSON......welcome to Cruise Critic! Which sailing are you on? My wife and I are on the May 20th Northbound....arriving at Canada Place on Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean).

Gary.....Whar are you and I doing...straying SO far from the Hawaii Roll Call thread...LOL!

Skytrain is easiest and cheapest. I think they also take credit cards so you wouldn't need any "Loonies" :) It's $8.75 pp and a 25 minute ride. You come up a block from Canada Place with Elevators. It's cheaper than this if you're a Senior or travelling on a weekend.

Cab would be around $30 - $35 they'll take credit cards, ask them about US Cash...just be prepared to pay more as the Canadian $$ is worth more than the US right now :p

It is certainly the cheapest but not the easiest.:confused:

Limos are very inexpensive and easy to get. They handle all your luggage and take you right to the luggage drop off at the pier. No dragging luggage on a train.

B

It is certainly the cheapest but not the easiest.:confused:

Limos are very inexpensive and easy to get. They handle all your luggage and take you right to the luggage drop off at the pier. No dragging luggage on a train.

B

I guess it depends on your version of easy. I like the train because I don't have to wait in cab lines or fight traffic. So to me, easier is quicker. If you need your luggage handled for you then take the limo.

We are arriving a day earlier than our cruise. Does anyone know if the skytrain goes near the Sheraton Hotel at Canada Place? We are planning a cab ride to the hotel and then a cab ride to port next day. Any suggestions?

If you're staying at the Sheraton Wall Ctr. then its about a 6-7 block walk to the nearest Skytrain station (Vancouver City center station on Granville St.) Its a nice, sceanic walk though, past the Vancouver art gallery, historic Hotel Vancouver (great for afternoon tea!), and lots of designer shopping stores on Robson St.

That said, I wouldn't want to be shleping luggage through it though. Best to take a cab as it won't be very expensive. The Sheraton Wall Ctr. is 8-9 blocks away from Canada Place.

We are arriving a day earlier than our cruise. Does anyone know if the skytrain goes near the Sheraton Hotel at Canada Place? We are planning a cab ride to the hotel and then a cab ride to port next day. Any suggestions?

Cab, it's a really long walk to the Sheraton Wall Centre. If you are considering it, you wouldn't go to the Waterfront, I'd get off at Vancouver Centre stops, but honestly...I'd take a cab...that's too long of a haul with luggage.

Hey, thanks for the info; very helpful. Group of 8 staying at the same hotel and cruising. Would love some info on getting our bags picked up and taken to Cruise line and renting a hummerzine (hummer/limo) to take us sightseeing before we set sail. Any suggestions. I do have a TA, but haven't requested anything like this yet.

Archived