Hey, look! Carnival changed the look of the menu!

nytraveller53

Are you sure about that? We just got off the Imagination on April 15.. one night my daughter got a blank menu.. the waiter said "oh no, someone must have took it" and just went and got her a new menu.. nothing special was mentioned, no special menu was brought to her..

Actually I was only kidding but would it not be a cool idea. This all started from me getting a blank menu one night and I told our waiter (he was fantastic and we would ask for him at the YTD) "okay bring it on". He asked me "seriously" I said yes and he brought what he thought was good and I would like for the entire meal. One of the best meals I ever had as I had no idea what was coming next. The table next to us laughed and commented through the entire meal as they were excited as I was at what I was going to get. I am for sure going to do this next cruise - at least one night.

I noticed there is duck on the day 2 menu (CE night). I haven't seen this on the 2nd night before. It is usually later in the week. I was wondering if it is now on the 4 day cruise? If it is, I might have to go to CE night.

It's Carnival's new marketing ploy....they send "insiders" out to post on various boards and grab our attention only to find out you have to book a cruise to find out ;) Luckily I'll be on the Splendor Sunday and can verify such changes for you without requiring you to book another cruise :D

This is all said with a HUGE ;) of course ..well all except the part about me going on the Splendor Sunday :)

rub it in betty!!:)

So this is Carnivals normal menu? If so seems to be quite few changes since we haved sailed them . For the better IMHO , my wife is more picky than me , and I never saw a night that she couldnt find plenty to eat. :):)

So are these menus the same on all Carnival ships? I've noticed that the menu items on the cruises I go on all seem very similar. Is the day 1 menu the same menu on every Carnival ship on day 1? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never really paid attention to what is served on which date.

Are the spare ribs and fried chicken (both Carnival classics) good? I've never tried either of these on a cruise.

Yes, they are good. The spare ribs are sauced, which in my opinion, tends to make things interesting when eating them in a more formal setting like the main dining room versus at your local barbecue joint.

Archived