Hey, look! Carnival changed the look of the menu!

nytraveller53

Dang It!!!

Now one of us is going to have to book a cruise so we can go get pics so we can all see them.....

I guess I'll do it, Ill take one for the team. If you are all willing to donate to the cause, let me know and Ill get you my Pay Pal acct info ;-)

Oh, that's OK, I'll do it! :D LOL

We were on the Pride last week; our last Carnival cruise was about 20 months ago.

What we notices was that, instead of the main menu being set up for three courses (thereby making a four course meal, with dessert), it was set up only as two courses, appetizers, soups and salads being combined. Of course, you can still order as much as you want, so if you want an app, a salad and a main course, just order that, but, I expect it is a psychological thing: if there are only two categories, fewer people are going to order three things.

We were on the Pride last week; our last Carnival cruise was about 20 months ago.

What we notices was that, instead of the main menu being set up for three courses (thereby making a four course meal, with dessert), it was set up only as two courses, appetizers, soups and salads being combined. Of course, you can still order as much as you want, so if you want an app, a salad and a main course, just order that, but, I expect it is a psychological thing: if there are only two categories, fewer people are going to order three things.

It's been set up that way for a while. I still order at least 2 apps and usually 2 entrees. Never had much time for salad:):)

Just off the Freedom recently - a menu is a menu - no biggie. They do have this new thing going on though - random people get a blank menu and that means the "Chefs Surprise" - you get totally different courses and food and you give your opinion at the end.

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to respond sooner.

It's on that "GoCCL" website, I'm not sure of the exact link. It's also in a recent pictorial Valor review around here.

Oh, here it is: https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DinnerDesserts_master.html

I just wanted to alert people that Carnival has something up their sleeve - they wouldn't change a font for nothing, hopefully.

The Basa filet for dinner on Day 6 is the only new and worthwhile dish I'd mention. This is why, as much as I enjoy dressing for dinner and the entire MDR experience, we're relying mostly on Lido and steakhouse for dinner on our next cruise. It's kind of a shame.

WOW if I really had the time to notice any change in font or whatnot.. I would say to myself really get a life:D

Well, I was reading a recent Valor review and there was a picture on that thread. I noticed something different, and took a total of 3 minutes to look it up. Someone who needs to make rude comments needs to "really get a life".:cool:

They do have this new thing going on though - random people get a blank menu and that means the "Chefs Surprise" - you get totally different courses and food and you give your opinion at the end.

Are you sure about that? We just got off the Imagination on April 15.. one night my daughter got a blank menu.. the waiter said "oh no, someone must have took it" and just went and got her a new menu.. nothing special was mentioned, no special menu was brought to her..

The Basa filet for dinner on Day 6 is the only new and worthwhile dish I'd mention. This is why, as much as I enjoy dressing for dinner and the entire MDR experience, we're relying mostly on Lido and steakhouse for dinner on our next cruise. It's kind of a shame.

That Basa has been on the menu for about a year now, at least on some ships. I have had it twice, actually really good. They just hadn't uploaded it onto the online menu yet.

That Basa has been on the menu for about a year now, at least on some ships. I have had it twice, actually really good. They just hadn't uploaded it onto the online menu yet.

Yes, it was the only really memorable thing from our January cruise. I don't remember seeing it on our 11/09 Glory sailing.

It's Carnival's new marketing ploy....they send "insiders" out to post on various boards and grab our attention only to find out you have to book a cruise to find out ;) Luckily I'll be on the Splendor Sunday and can verify such changes for you without requiring you to book another cruise :D

This is all said with a HUGE ;) of course ..well all except the part about me going on the Splendor Sunday :)

Same here, we'll be on the Splendor this Sunday! Can't wait!!

Archived