Submarine at Port Everglades.

The sub is USS Annapolis, 360 ft. long, 33 ft. wide with a crew of 130. It is a nuclear powered fast attack sub. It can go 20 knots and is refueled after 30 years.
Haha- thanks for the info, Bluefin. A little ironic that I happened to catch some screen shots of the USS Annapolis.;)

GO NAVY:cool:

The sub is USS Annapolis, 360 ft. long, 33 ft. wide with a crew of 130. It is a nuclear powered fast attack sub. It can go 20 knots and is refueled after 30 years.

Thanks for the information. How did you learn which it was? None of the ships are on AIS and subs usually have no identifiers.

I prefer a meatball one, myself.

Great pics, Fred.

Hey Bily, meatball is good but I'm partial to the Italian subs!

Yeah, Port Everglades is great, wish I was there taking those pics in person though... say from the Wipe Bar on Allure!:cool:

Does anyone know why there was a submarine at Port Everglades today. And if so, was it ours?

There are frequent sub and periscope sightings off of Ft Lauderdale. You will also see them in the Bahamas, especially around the AUTEC base.

There are frequent sub and periscope sightings off of Ft Lauderdale. You will also see them in the Bahamas, especially around the AUTEC base.

I remember heading down to the Tongue of the Ocean when I was stationed aboard USS FINBACK (SSN-670) many, many moons ago! Sub duty rocked! Those were the days.

Thanks for the web cam grabs!!! :)

Haha- thanks for the info, Bluefin. A little ironic that I happened to catch some screen shots of the USS Annapolis.;)

GO NAVY:cool:

That is ironic. Thanks for the screenshots. Years ago we had an attack sub next to RCCL's Nordic Empress in St. Croix. Some of the guys came up and dived off the sub into the Caribbean, then brought up a small grill. I'm sure it was well deserved R&R.

Only one on that surface that I saw...

Hi Fred, Great pics of the Sub, I was watching this yesterday too on the port cam.

Hey, I noticed that you have sailed on both Carnival Dream and Mariner of the Seas, I was considering switching my fall cruise from Mariner to Magic in Galveston. I have sailed many times on Royal, but have not been on Carnival since Celebration was in Galveston...... any advice you can share.... Thanks, Marci

Hi Fred, Great pics of the Sub, I was watching this yesterday too on the port cam.

Hey, I noticed that you have sailed on both Carnival Dream and Mariner of the Seas, I was considering switching my fall cruise from Mariner to Magic in Galveston. I have sailed many times on Royal, but have not been on Carnival since Celebration was in Galveston...... any advice you can share.... Thanks, Marci

Marci, our cruise on Dream was okay but not great. I wouldn't choose it over a RCCL ship again though. If you are bringing kids along, they will enjoy Magic but I found for adults there isn't as much to do during the day or evenings compared to what we are used to on Voyager Class or above. Compared to Voyager class, the Dream class is crowded & with only two pool areas, it's very tough finding lounge chairs on deck during sea days. But like I said it was an okay cruise, we didn't have a bad time. If I were to go on another CCL cruise, I wouldn't pick the Dream class again - Spirit Class only from Carnival as this point for me. Have a great time whatever you decide to do.:)

OP, sorry for the digression.

Archived