Sea Miles SUCK!

OK,,we had 27,000 miles(or more),,,was told we could get $315 credit off our next cruise. We just booked a 7 day cruise on Carnival,,,get double points,(over 29,000 now),,call to use the points,,,only get $250 off. I guess they changed the program AGAIN. They said if you have 450,000 miles/points then you get more than $250 off your card. What a joke! We will use it on our booked trip and then cut it up!:confused:

Sorry you are having a bad time with them.

Stories like this are why I never got a Carnival Sea Miles card. I also don't like that you have to use their travel agency. I got the RCI Visa and am very happy with it. They give OBC for points, as well as free cruises, and you can use your own TA.

You think that's bad? I had over 51,000 points and Barclay cancelled my card due to "inactivety"; lost all of those points. Agree with the poster who indicated that the Blue Sky Amex card is a far superior alternative.

In fact, I just received a $300 on board credit with points we had for our upcoming cruise, last August I cashed in and had about $800 on board credit. We don't use the points to pay for a cruise - we use it for on board credits - same to us as my account on a cruise usually levels out at about $1500-2000 - so anything saved is appreciated. We use our card for EVERYTHING and pay the balance off monthly so we do not get zapped with interest - in fact, we just finished paying for our upcoming cruise in June, major car repairs, and of course, shopping for cruisewear - so hubby needs to pay about $9K this month, guess I'll be nice and back down for next month.... maybe!

I should have another $100 or so in onboard credit by the time we sail in June...

We had a previous Sea Miles card several years ago, and that one was awful too! When we realized how low the rewards were, we redeemed our miles on that card for cash off one of our airline tickets and then closed it.

We have since become much more credit card/points savvy, and we use a card like jenwals wrote--only we use the Discover cash instead of AmEx.

Wow..sorry you are disappointed in the funmiles card..personally I LOVE IT..I charge anything and everything I can each month and then pay it off each month so don't incur interest ...this past Feb we sailed in an aft cabin on the Freedom for an 8 day cruise to the Panama Canal, the cabinm, all excursions and OB acct paid for with funmiles..cruise was FREE to us except for thr airfare...we saved for 5 yrs but when added up we would have spent almost 3K on the cruise so I can't complain at all...and BTW you no longer have to use their travel agent..that was discontinued when they switched to the funmiles...if you have any doubt about what your miles will convert to in cash, just use the rewards calculator which is online when you sign into your cc account...

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have had the card for about 7 years and I will agree that when the card first came out, I came pretty close to cancelling. Now is a different story I have taken 2 free cruises on the points I have racked up and plan getting another free one here shortly.

You think that's bad? I had over 51,000 points and Barclay cancelled my card due to "inactivety"; lost all of those points. Agree with the poster who indicated that the Blue Sky Amex card is a far superior alternative.

I had the same problem, e-mailed a girl at Carnival, she traced them down, and got them converted to the new points for me, I got a $200 obc with my points. Look on the carnival Funville help section, they will help you get credit for what the credit card company took away.

That's why I switched to American express Blue sky... 7500 points will get your $100 off ANY cruise line, doesn't have to be Carnival.

WOW...by your calculations I would have only received $1,900 of benefits for the cruise that I paid for with my fun points and instead of everything being free I would have had to fork over an additional $1,100 approx...by my way of thinking FUN POINTS is a much better deal...

OK,,If you used the card and the "miles",,post the points used and the amount you got in credit or off the bill. I used 29,850 points and was given $250 off our bill,,(the next billing cycle!). I will pay 90% when I get the bill so all they can get is a small % on the $100 or so left on it,,I dont want to give them more than I owe cause I will never get it back!

I have an old " no hassles " card from cap one

They don't offer this version any longer

U get 5% back for travel the best I have found

No restrictions

We never pay intrest and use it for everything

I even tried to buy my car with it. Lol

The dealer wouldn't accept it

I have an old " no hassles " card from cap one

They don't offer this version any longer

U get 5% back for travel the best I have found

No restrictions

We never pay intrest and use it for everything

I even tried to buy my car with it. Lol

The dealer wouldn't accept it

More, More, More everyone wants. You would think some people expect a buy one get one free cruise for everyone they take.

This change was up on the Carnival rewards website for months now alerting cardholders of this change. I have also received two separate letters notifying me it was coming (and you should have as well) so I am not sure why you are so surprised or even upset. You should have used them up before the 5/01/11 change took affect.

You don't get something for nothing and with the way everything else in the world is changing as far as rewards or benefits why would you expect anything different with this card. I got my card when it was SEAMILES and the benefits got better when they changed it to the FUNPOINTS. No one was complaining then. I see it as the benefits reverted back to what I originally signed up for under SEAMILES.

In the end you still are getting something which is better than nothing.

I've already received a free cruise, plus 1/2 of another paid for with my card benefits. In the end I guess you just need to find the card that works best for you.

If I may interject here, the OP clarified that he/she was dealing with "SEAMILES". When CCL came out with the card years back it was a program with SEAMILES. A while back CCL ended their affiliation with SEAMILES and started a new program called FUNPOINTS.

I agree with the consensus that SEAMILES is/was a joke. I won't go into all of the problems, but there were many. I believe that is why CCL decided to abandon the program.

When the program was changed cardholders were sent information about how to switch to FUNPOINTS or stay with SEAMILES.

FUNPOINTS is super simple and you can use your own TA and has basically no restrictions. Once you build enough points, you make the charge on your card (ex: book the cruise, use as your onboard card). Once the charge posts, go to "redeem miles" and after a few clicks, your credit appears.

Before May 1, the calulation was difficult to understand, but now it is straight forward. I think it's something along the lines of 100 points = $1 credit. You must have a minimum point accumulation which again, I think, but am not positive, is 5000 points for $50 credit.

I hope this clears up some confusion as to the difference of SEAMILES and their issues and FUNPOINTS which is the current CCL card program.

I currently have the Funpoints mastercard. I had no problems when it was Sea Miles. I, like a lot of you, put everything on the card and pay it off at the end of the month. The points can rack up pretty quickly. I began noticing that I was not getting double points on my Carnival purchases. I just assumed I was, as I never had any problem with Sea Miles. Well, I researched all my statements for 2010 and found out that I did not receive double points on ANY of my Carnival purchases. There were about 9 transactions. I called in December and they gave me a case number. I just called because I still had not received the points in question. I was told the case was closed because I was given my missing points. WRONG. I most certainly was not. So now I am on a quest to find out just why I am booking cruises and not getting the double points I am entitled to. Check every statement you get and don't wait like I did and figure they are just a little behind because now I have a job ahead of me to track down my missing points.

Archived