Feedback needed on Celebrity Summit

Shooraq

I am trying to decide between RCI's Brilliance of the Seas versus Celebrity Summit for a Southern Caribbean cruise. As far as Celebrity, I have only sailed on the Century and liked it reasonably. I will experience the Equinox next year, but I wanted more info about what the Summit is like.

Can anyone provide me feedback on food, activities, overall service? Thanks!

I am trying to decide between RCI's Brilliance of the Seas versus Celebrity Summit for a Southern Caribbean cruise. As far as Celebrity, I have only sailed on the Century and liked it reasonably. I will experience the Equinox next year, but I wanted more info about what the Summit is like.

Can anyone provide me feedback on food, activities, overall service? Thanks!

Our group sailed on board the Summit two weeks ago. Food is subjective. We had very little complaints when it came to food. Activities, well they have activities going on all the time. Even while on port. Service was excellent. You cannot go wrong with the Summit. I believe the Summit will be refurbished (dry dock) this comming January also.

We sailed Summit last year to Bermuda and liked it so much we're doing it again in 4 weeks. Service was great, only one specialty restaurant (if that's important to you). I would agree, can't go wrong...

I think that you will enjoy Celebrity. I also glanced at your itinerary post and I would pick Summit's as it does not go to Guadalupe. We were on that island in 2010...it was a somewhat last-minute substitution for St. Lucia :(

I would not care to return, but maybe we did not do the "right" thing.

Staff on Summit makes the trip. We also love the CC1 aft balconies!!

We love the Summit, and have sailed her three times. We think the Normandie (specialty restaurant) is one of the best restaurants on land or at sea!

We prefer Celebrity over Royal Caribbean for a more relaxed atmosphere: only one announcement each day at noon, no hard sell on liquor, more refined service.

I'm sure you'll love Summit!

the Summit (and all Celebrity M-Class) has the Aqua Spa (T-Spa) pool, which I think is the best pool afloat. Adult only inside, pretty large, very warm saltwater, lots of water action with spouts at the corners to work you back and shoulders, and steel pipes on the side that form 'lounges' you lay on and bubbles come up through them. fantastic.

Summit is well organized and you dont feel there is a lot of other passengers on the ship. If you sail after the refurb, there are more specialty restaurants being added and other lounges. Neat-sounding, very popular on the Constellation which was the 1st upgraded M-Class ship.

Summit is getting very good reviews, of the last 25 reviews, Summit got 6 5+stars, 10 5-stars, 5 4-stars, 3 3-stars and 1 2-star. Ave of 4.7.

Not been on the Brilliance, but She got nice overall reviews also, but more spread out: 1 5+star, 12 5-Star, 5 4-Star, 3 3-Star, 2 2-star and 1 1-star. Ave of 4.0.

enjoy!

Den

I believe the refurb is slated for January. You will love Celebrity...we are doing Summit in July...like someone else said, a bit laid back; not many announcements; hoping they still have the sushi buffet every night from 5-6; just a really good line.

Summit is well organized and you dont feel there is a lot of other passengers on the ship. If you sail after the refurb, there are more specialty restaurants being added and other lounges. Neat-sounding, very popular on the Constellation which was the 1st upgraded M-Class ship.

OP is sailing in Dec. 2011 before it gets Solsticized which is in Jan. 2012

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1407435

I don't think you can go wrong on either but, if I had to choose a line... I would pick ~ Celebrity!

Due to the crew.

I wasn't pleased with the staff aboard the AOS. :cool:

Celebrity doesn't announce bingo or read you the daily schedule.

I also enjoyed the variety of activities and the many quiet spots that were found on the Summit.

Even on a sea day, the pool area never seemed crowded.

OP is sailing in Dec. 2011 before it gets Solsticized which is in Jan. 2012

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1407435

Nope, I am planning on December 2012. It will be after the refurb. :D

I think from people comments that the itinerary and ship are a strong combo at a great price. Now I just need to convince my husband!

We are just off the Summit Saturday. We loved it so much we booked another one for Nov. of 2012. The food was very good I thought. Very little complaints. The Southern Caribbean itinerary they offer is great. We are doing their other Southern Caribbean itinerary next time around to see the rest of the islands.

You won't go wrong with the Summit.

We are just off the Summit Saturday. We loved it so much we booked another one for Nov. of 2012. The food was very good I thought. Very little complaints. The Southern Caribbean itinerary they offer is great. We are doing their other Southern Caribbean itinerary next time around to see the rest of the islands.

You won't go wrong with the Summit.

Thanks for the feedback! I really want to do this now... just have to coordinate with DH and see if he's onboard... haha.

Thank you everyone for the encourgement!

Archived