Ship or Destination

I've never had a harder time deciding on a vacation for my hubby and I next April.. I've been dying to go on OASIS, but for just a little more than the price of an Oasis 7 night I can go to the Med. for 5 nights on Liberty. Now, I've been on Liberty, great ship... but Oasis is the Oasis.... so my debocle is destination that I've wanted to go to forever or Oasis... most of the cruises that I've done have been Caribbean but never done the St Thomas side, so that's the part we'd go to... so do I go afar or stay close and wait... I know it is personal preference, but your opinions are appreciated.

I've never had a harder time deciding on a vacation for my hubby and I next April.. I've been dying to go on OASIS, but for just a little more than the price of an Oasis 7 night I can go to the Med. for 5 nights on Liberty. Now, I've been on Liberty, great ship... but Oasis is the Oasis.... so my debocle is destination that I've wanted to go to forever or Oasis... most of the cruises that I've done have been Caribbean but never done the St Thomas side, so that's the part we'd go to... so do I go afar or stay close and wait... I know it is personal preference, but your opinions are appreciated.

This is a tough question, but having been on the Oasis before, I don't know that I would go on her regardless of where she went. By that I mean it's a beautiful ship, and the size is amazing, but I really don't think there is anything that would cause me to sail on her 'just for the ship'.

I would choose the itinerary first and the ship second. If the itinerary's are equal, go with the ship.

How's that for a non-answer.:o

I am going on Allure in October and it was a decision based solely on the ship. My wife and I (and our friends) just want to try the Oasis class. We have all been to the stops many times, so our interest lies only with the ship. We also picked Celebrity Eclipse next year by ship as well, although it does call on St. Kitts which I am looking forward to seeing for the first time.

I find that the more I cruise, the less concerned I am with the stops. I just like seeing new ships now, and rarely even get off the ship in Nassau and Cozumel. If we do go ashore, its usually just for some quick shopping. Staying on the ship while in port is so nice since its basically deserted.

I have been on both Oasis and Liberty and there really isn't that much difference. I would go with the itinerary meaning Liberty and spend a few extra days in the Med.

I have been on both Oasis and Liberty and there really isn't that much difference. I would go with the itinerary meaning Liberty and spend a few extra days in the Med.

Wow. I just got off Oasis this past Saturday, and I think there is a huge difference between Oasis and Liberty.

My first reaction was definitely go for Oasis. It is a wonderful ship. So much to do, never felt crowded, wonderful atmosphere, terrific cruise director and staff.

However, if you found a great price for the Med....well, Oasis will still be there later. It all depends on what is most important for you.

for some

size matters

it does for me too . . . smaller is better and I like WindStar when everything else is equal ... 400 pass' is very very nice

but I digress . . . is your travel cost to/from the cruise included?

Well if so, I'd say the Med is cool . . . but 4 ME I'd need a sedative to sit on an airplane crossing the Atlantic (again)

Wow. I just got off Oasis this past Saturday, and I think there is a huge difference between Oasis and Liberty.

My first reaction was definitely go for Oasis. It is a wonderful ship. So much to do, never felt crowded, wonderful atmosphere, terrific cruise director and staff.

I totally agree. I've been on Oasis and Indy (same as Liberty) and I think there is a vast difference, not only in size but the layout on Oasis is so different with the 'neighbourhoods'.

I would choose Oasis hands down, but having said that, I live in the UK so sailing the Med is something I can do very easily. I much prefer the Caribbean and we loved this class of ship so much that we are booking Allure for next year to celebrate our 25th anniversary on board.

The Liberty sailings are like $399 in the Med. The problem for us folks in the US is getting there. So you priced out the flights and the flights plus cabin is the same price as Oasis?

Here's another question -- would you be happy with just a 5 day Med cruise (I would need longer in the Med) -- so are you adding the cost of pre-cruise hotels?

The Med is my dream cruise -- but 5 days?

Definitely the Med! I agree this is a somewhat personal decision, but I've never chosen a cruise based on the ship. Almost all cruise ships are great, but the ports in the Mediterranean are fantastic! And if you've never been there I can't imagine passing it up just for a ship.

Archived