Carnival Spirit

sludger

Hi

Does anyone know how many times the Spirit would cruise to it's full capacity of 2680.

Also what is the layout the 3 person balcony cabins.

If anyone has the information I would be grateful

Paul

Hi

Does anyone know how many times the Spirit would cruise to it's full capacity of 2680.

Also what is the layout the 3 person balcony cabins.

If anyone has the information I would be grateful

Paul

Depends on what type of cabin you get. We get the aft balconies and it is the same layout with the exception of the deeper balcony. The back to cushions come off the couch and that is the 3rd bed. Some have the 2 twins that convert to a King and an upper. What cabin type were you looking at?

Depends on what type of cabin you get. We get the aft balconies and it is the same layout with the exception of the deeper balcony. The back to cushions come off the couch and that is the 3rd bed. Some have the 2 twins that convert to a King and an upper. What cabin type were you looking at?

Hi

Thanks for replying, actually I am in Australia and we have a discussion going on on our forum about how the 3 berth cabins on the Spirit can suddenly be 4 berth after the fitout that is to take place before it comes down under.

Also nowhere on the US site is it advertised as over 2680 passenger ship yet this is what they are saying that the ship is designed for. On the US site it is promoted as being for 2124 pax.

We have experienced this before with ships that come here. They add extra berths and hope that no one notices.

It sounds as if they would have to replace the single sofas in these 3 berth balcony cabins to accomodate 4, with 2 in a double bed, is this what you think will happen?

Paul

Hi

Thanks for replying, actually I am in Australia and we have a discussion going on on our forum about how the 3 berth cabins on the Spirit can suddenly be 4 berth after the fitout that is to take place before it comes down under.

Also nowhere on the US site is it advertised as over 2680 passenger ship yet this is what they are saying that the ship is designed for. On the US site it is promoted as being for 2124 pax.

We have experienced this before with ships that come here. They add extra berths and hope that no one notices.

It sounds as if they would have to replace the single sofas in these 3 berth balcony cabins to accomodate 4, with 2 in a double bed, is this what you think will happen?

Paul

There probably won't be any changes, the 2124 is assuming 2 per cabin, the 2680 is if each 'legal' berth is full. The Coast Guard probably wouldn't allow any changes, there is a maximum any ship can hold depending on life boat capacity, etc. Here's some info : http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/spirit/CarnivalSpiritFactSheet.htm

Isn't the 2,100 the paying passengers and then you add staff?

No, they count the staff separately, check the link in my post above, maximum passengers using all berths allowed for passengers would be 2680 and then on top of that there is 910 crew.

There were 2 of us in our cabin on the Spirit last month, but the room could have held 4 by making up the sofa as a bed and pulling down an additional bed from the ceiling right above the sofa.

Would have hated to try doing that though as it would have been crowded and unpleasant with any more than just the 2 of us in there and only one bathroom.

I could see 4 children sharing the room that way, but for an adult couple there would be no privacy at all.

Archived