MAGIC - Our Photo Review of the Inaugural Sailing of the Magic

This has been by far, hands down the best review I ever read!!! It read like a story and illustrated by wonderful photos!!! I have now added many of these excursions to my bucket list. (Some were already on it)
Great job! I am kind of sad that it is over....

[quote name='mississauga']Jerry, finally I can thank you so very much for your amazing review. I had to restrain myself from posting comments after each of your postings. Did not want to clutter your wonderful review and pictures with my ramblings because once I started I would have had to comment each and every time because each posting was also as brilliant as the one before. I did post a thank you at the beginning but after that, had to resist or you would have had posting after posting from me ....lol.

It was very generous of you to take the time to do this as I know how time consuming it is and of course, life gets in the way or writing this gets in the way of life after the cruise....lol. Thank you also for sharing of your fantastic pictures. You gave so much valuable info. We are going on the Breeze Inaugural next year and I have learned so much from you. Merci!:):):)[/quote]

Mississauga, thanks from my friends just down the road (I actually work in Mississauga). Glad you enjoyed the review, thanks for hanging in throughout, and have a great time on the Breeze inaugural (are you still doing the Magic TA as well?).

[quote name='kezza']Jerry thank you again for such a wonderful review and the best photos I've seen on any review.

We're heading off in 4 days to Madrid then onto Barcelona for catch the 12/6 cruise and your review and photos have made it even more excitable, if that's at all possible.

Thankyou again for your time in doing such a great review.

Kerri[/quote]

Kerri, enjoy your time in Spain and say hi to the Magic for us. Have a great trip!!

[quote name='rlyans']cruisinskier, Jerry, thanks one more time for all your great pic's and reviews that went along with it. I shared your review with our CC group going on the Magic July 17th and I think half of them were following your review. I sat down with my wife Sunday and took her on your cruise and we sat there for hours enjoying and forming more idea's. You are so right that you learn so much from other CC reviews and postings. One thing I am sad about is after learning about Montserrat we really want to go there however the Boy's Choir is on vacation in July.(so sad) but I think we will still go... It looked so beautiful! Thanks again for your review and PICTURES!!!! rlyans[/quote]

rlyans, I only posted a small portion on the pictures from Montserrat. Yes it is worth seeing even if the boy's choir is not there. There are 2 other funiculars that will take you even higher for great views and apparently lots of walking trails. Tell your CC group to have a beer in the Red Frog for me!! Enjoy your trip!!

[quote name='lucyintheskywithdiamonds']hey glad you posted that pic of the airport lol:) thanks again for sharing your adventure![/quote]

[quote name='rnvattes']:D:p:D[/quote]

[quote name='jackdis']Thank you again for sharing your trip with us, for all the amazing pictures, and of course, for one last airport picture!!![/quote]

Thank you all for your support throughout my review. Those that were not onboard at the beginning of the review may not understand my plane comments as looking back through the thread it appears they have removed that "reviewers" comments. So I know you have been here all along and in the end, it was just one of those things I had to do to post another one :D:D

[quote name='arucruzn']This has been by far, hands down the best review I ever read!!! It read like a story and illustrated by wonderful photos!!! I have now added many of these excursions to my bucket list. (Some were already on it)
Great job! I am kind of sad that it is over....[/quote]

arucruzn, I appreciate your comments. Yes I think it took me longer to complete the review than it did to do the cruise :o Anyhow, thanks for your nice comments and I hope you get to cross those items off your bucket list real soon!!

[quote name='SenatorsFan']Sigh, sadly it is true that all good things must come to an end. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us and for all your stunning photographs.
Heather[/quote]

Thanks Heather.....yes it is over but it was fun reliving it. Even now as I look back at these pictures I can't believe we actually got there :D

There simply are not enough superlatives to thank you for your effort and amazing review . It is so amazing to really see how a cruise vacation in Europe can be as thorough and satisfying as yours; covering as much ground as possible, having some rest and relaxation thrown in it was truly amazing..thank you. You have visited many places on my bucket list to see ..a few I have taken that first whirlwind trip too as a student.

My paternal Grandmother loved Dubrovnic ( I think she went on the real Love boat LOL)...you just thrilled me with all your pictures and each and every place and the ship..it was especially great to see and understand what she was talking about there with your photos..I absolutely think a cruise vacation in Europe can be just as thorough as a land vacation with the most unique and amazing rests and entertainment on the ship inbetween...this was a fabulous day with unique breaks all day spent reading this awesome review...it is a professional travelogue with the humor and kindness of a Cruise Critic friend and fan...thank you so very much.....Sarah from Montana Edited by sjn911

[quote name='cruisinskier']Mississauga, thanks from my friends just down the road (I actually work in Mississauga). Glad you enjoyed the review, thanks for hanging in throughout, and have a great time on the Breeze inaugural (are you still doing the Magic TA as well?).[/quote]

Yes, we are still going on the Magic TA. We have been on the Dream twice but looking forward to the new changes on the Magic. What I learned the most from your review and photos are the ports which will also be on the Breeze Inaugural. I especially enjoyed your pre cruise stay information on Venice.:):):)

[quote name='Chief Cruiser']This is by far, the most interesting review I've ever read on any cruise board. You have an eye for photographing the uniqueness of where you are and I know from the comments it has captivated everyone who has taken a peak. With 50,000+ views, you know you've captured an unprecedented interest.

The pictures are intriguing, exquistite, and the descriptions clear and concise, yet fully descriptive.

This review has certainly set a new standard and is the epitome of a what a photographic journal should be. It would be most uncommon to be matched.

Thank you for vicariously taking me with you. I have orally removed most of my fingernails anxiously awaiting your every installment.

I have sadly accepted that this review will soon end, but thankful for the experience. You should be extremely proud of this review, as it is in and of itself the same as many of the pictures you have taken: a work of art.

Thank you for taking your time and engery to publish this review.

Job very well done! :)[/QUOTE]

Well said - and agree 100%.

We leave in 2 1/2 weeks - and your review - I just can not wait.

Thank you for your time and effort in doing this.

[quote name='sjn911']There simply are not enough superlatives to thank you for your effort and amazing review . It is so amazing to really see how a cruise vacation in Europe can be as thorough and satisfying as yours; covering as much ground as possible, having some rest and relaxation thrown in it was truly amazing..thank you. You have visited many places on my bucket list to see ..a few I have taken that first whirlwind trip too as a student.

My paternal Grandmother loved Dubrovnic ( I think she went on the real Love boat LOL)...you just thrilled me with all your pictures and each and every place and the ship..it was especially great to see and understand what she was talking about there with your photos..I absolutely think a cruise vacation in Europe can be just as thorough as a land vacation with the most unique and amazing rests and entertainment on the ship inbetween...this was a fabulous day with unique breaks all day spent reading this awesome review...it is a professional travelogue with the humor and kindness of a Cruise Critic friend and fan...thank you so very much.....Sarah from Montana[/quote]

Sarah, Dubrovnik was a special place and we truly enjoyed our day there. I would love to go back and spend more time in the future. We have three different neighbors all of Croatian background so I had heard lots about it before we left and I have to say that my pictures don't do it justice....you have to see it in person.

With reagrds to a cruise in Europe, absolutely it is a great idea. This was our first time to Europe and it allowed us to see numerous spots that would have been much harder to do on land. A land based vacation is better if you only want to see a smaller area over a more extended time (i.e. Rome and Florence / Tuscany for example). Also, the cruise allowed us to identify which spots we want to go back to, and they are not the ones that I would have said prior to the cruise (for example, I would now want to go back to Positano ahead of Rome).

Thanks again for the kind comments and the sole purpose of my review was to pay forward what I had learned here.....which I hope was successful.

[quote name='mississauga']Yes, we are still going on the Magic TA. We have been on the Dream twice but looking forward to the new changes on the Magic. What I learned the most from your review and photos are the ports which will also be on the Breeze Inaugural. I especially enjoyed your pre cruise stay information on Venice.:):):)[/quote]

Well then I look forward to your review of the Magic TA....and say hi to some of our friends from the inaugural who I believe will be back onboard for the TA. Edited by cruisinskier

[quote name='idjaffe']Well said - and agree 100%.

We leave in 2 1/2 weeks - and your review - I just can not wait.

Thank you for your time and effort in doing this.[/quote]

idjaffe, you are welcome. Enjoy your cruise on the Magic and write us a trip report when you return.....

[SIZE=5]OMG :eek: I have never and I mean never enjoyed a trip review like I have a good book until I read this one. I read this entire thread today (instead of doing my college assignments):rolleyes: and could not hit the next button fast enough. I was thinking of doing a Med cruise in 2012 and I just got off the ph with my cruisin buddy and my parents and have talked them into a 12 day cruise on the Breeze and all because of your words and pics so thank you so very much I truly enjoyed the entire thread and especially the airport pics they rocked LOL. :D[/SIZE]

[quote name='momdaughterondestiny'][SIZE=5]OMG :eek: I have never and I mean never enjoyed a trip review like I have a good book until I read this one. I read this entire thread today (instead of doing my college assignments):rolleyes: and could not hit the next button fast enough. I was thinking of doing a Med cruise in 2012 and I just got off the ph with my cruisin buddy and my parents and have talked them into a 12 day cruise on the Breeze and all because of your words and pics so thank you so very much I truly enjoyed the entire thread and especially the airport pics they rocked LOL. :D[/SIZE][/quote]

Hi Gina.....well I guess I will have to call Carnival and ask for my referral fee. :D:D Glad you enjoyed the review and you will have a great time on the Breeze. Just make sure you come back and provide a cruise report to all of us (remember...no airport pictures ;) ). Now go do those assignments!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this thread (thanks to a post over in the favorite cruise photos board) and have spent the day reading every page! Good thing my boss isn't here today!!

Loved the photos and review (even the airport pics). I'm trying to convince DH into a Med cruise. I think this will help lots. ;)

Do have a question -- was it easy getting around Barcelona without any Spanish? The only Spanish we have is "Spanglish." DH spoke only Italian until he entered 1st grade, so I don't think we'll have a problem there.

Fabulous photos! Thanks again!

[quote name='IrishLassie'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your review & all the pictures. Now I REALLY want to do a cruise in Europe. Thanks for all your time & effort to post this wonderful review. :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Hi Lassie. Glad you enjoyed the review. Hope you get to Europe....

[quote name='joand452']Just found this thread (thanks to a post over in the favorite cruise photos board) and have spent the day reading every page! Good thing my boss isn't here today!!

Loved the photos and review (even the airport pics). I'm trying to convince DH into a Med cruise. I think this will help lots. ;)

Do have a question -- was it easy getting around Barcelona without any Spanish? The only Spanish we have is "Spanglish." DH spoke only Italian until he entered 1st grade, so I don't think we'll have a problem there.

Fabulous photos! Thanks again![/quote]

Hi Joan. No one in our group spoke a word of Spanish so you would be fine. English was spoken at all tourist locations and every restaurant we went to had menus in Spanish and English. The only spot we had an issue was in the subway station on the platform trying to get directed towards the right track to Montserrat....but everyone was trying to assist and once we got to the right spot they were used to dealing with tourists and English was common again. The difference in languages is part of the fun of finding your way around foreign cities and overall English was spoken in most places that are willing to take your $$$....