BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

Have they fixed the mechanical problem on Dawn now?

Jilly:)

Hi All

I am new to this board.

We were told by someone who shall remain nameless that the repaired motor would be switched on tomorrow.........hope they don't black out the ship in the process :o

We are also not going to Acapulco but San Del Sur in Nigaragua instead.

PHILIP ! We will have a lunch just for you when you finally board.:)

Cheers

Anne

Not sure where I read it, I think it was on a blog, but they said they had been advised that due to increasing unrest there the port had been changed!

Jane

My understanding is that it is no longer considered a safe port for tourists. Protection of passengers is paramount to Princess........ after all, they want repeat business.

Hi All

We are also not going to Acapulco but San Del Sur in Nigaragua instead.

PHILIP ! We will have a lunch just for you when you finally board.:)

Cheers

Anne

Do we know yet why they are not going to Acapulco? I would be so disappointed, as I loved Acapulco.

Had to google San Del Sur -

"Once a sleepy fishing village, San Juan del sur, Nicaragua has emerged as a hot spot for the adventurous traveler and retiree alike. With a strong ex-pat community and several modern day conveniences, San Juan del Sur has surprisingly not lost it’s cultural charm, and still exudes energy from it’s proud locals. The long waterfront is lined with seafood restaurants and beach side decks looking over the sailboats and fishing boats that dot the majestic bay. Nicaragua locals and visitors stoll along the sand, checking out the happenings of the day. Known as the quintessential surfing town of Nicaragua, San Juan del Sur offers many hostals, surf shops, and easy public transportation to the surf. Surrounded by Playa Maderas, Playa Yankee, Playa Tamarindo, and Playa Remanso... San Juan del Sur proves to be perfectly located as the social hub of your traveling surf trip. Inside San Juan del Sur, you will find a sweet little market for your fruits and vegetables and many road side vendors including everyone’s favorite, “the chicken lady”. ..............

This Dawn Princess World Cruise must be creating a record in port changes.

So where exactly is the ship now? Does anyone know?

Jilly:confused:

They were meant to be in Bergen, Norway on Wednesday, 20th July. IF they are on schedule, they should now have departed Bergen (and collected Philip, at last).

They are due in Greenock, Scotland on Friday, 22nd July.

David may be able to show us where they currently are on a map.

As reported Cruise Lines are avoiding most Mexican Ports due to crime, except for Cabo. Hence that is why Acapulco is out for DP. As for San Juan del sur, hope it is OK for DP as we call in there on Coral Princess - Panama Canal cruise in November.

I hope Phillip is on board from Bergen, I look forward to his blogs, as I do all of them.

Hi Jilly,

She is currently half way between Bergen & Greenock

Cheers

Johhno

Data according to itinerary:

Current position of M/S Dawn Princess: Under way from Bergen to Greenock

Departure was 13 hrs 39 min ago. (at 17:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 1 d 1 hrs 21 min. (at 07:00 h local time)

Traveled distance since Bergen: 224.73 nm (416.21 km)

Remaining distance to Greenock: 421.63 nm (780.86 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 17,192.25 nm (31,840.05 km)

Course: 254°

Thanks Johnno. I couldn't even catch her on the Bergen port webcams. There was a large ship there yesterday - looked too big for the DP.

Thanks Johno. Where do you find all that information? I'm interested.

Thanks Johno. Where do you find all that information? I'm interested.

Hi Jilly,

Hope you see this before its deleted.

C scanner dot com ( but spell C as in Sea), then just search for Dawn Princess.

Cheers

Johhno

Just checked the webcam and it is showing that DP is bound from Dover to Bergen, I think it is a bit behind:rolleyes:. Looking forward to the blogs being updated to catch up on the happenings!

Just checked the webcam and it is showing that DP is bound from Dover to Bergen, I think it is a bit behind:rolleyes:. Looking forward to the blogs being updated to catch up on the happenings!

Lucky we got some experts on CC, otherwise I would be concerned that Philip was still waiting on the wharf at Bergen.

Lucky we got some experts on CC, otherwise I would be concerned that Philip was still waiting on the wharf at Bergen.

Yes that is true!

I was really surprised to read in his blog that Princess didn't seem to be very helpful to the passengers who couldn't board in Amsterdam.

hi guys.... yep on the way to greenock... loved bergen.... we have had no internet for the past couple of days... finally on now... the crystal serentity was also in bergen yesterday though I did go to the side of the boat when we passed under the bridge that has the webcam facing it.... where is dave I thought he would have caught it for you .....LOL

joanne

Hi All and Sandielle

Yesterday in Bergen we also had the Crystal something mmm quite a big ship. We are at sea today and tomorrow with a bit of luck we will be in Greenock. The internet has been down since we arrived in Bergen and has only been available in the last hour or so. It is 6.15pm on board so it was unavailable for most of today and all of yesterday. We were told it was the satellite.

Philip and all the other unluckys arrived yesterday and a lot of us have met Philip. John and I had lunch with him yesterday and he is a lovely but not happy chappy. They had to make all their own arrangements and are still waiting to hear from Princess that they needed to go to Bergen.

Hi All and Sandielle

Yesterday in Bergen we also had the Crystal something mmm quite a big ship. We are at sea today and tomorrow with a bit of luck we will be in Greenock. The internet has been down since we arrived in Bergen and has only been available in the last hour or so. It is 6.15pm on board so it was unavailable for most of today and all of yesterday. We were told it was the satellite.

Philip and all the other unluckys arrived yesterday and a lot of us have met Philip. John and I had lunch with him yesterday and he is a lovely but not happy chappy. They had to make all their own arrangements and are still waiting to hear from Princess that they needed to go to Bergen.

Thanks for letting us know that those left behind in Amsterdam are now all on board, Remroda.

I wonder who should have been responsible for advising/assisting passengers, who couldn't embark in Amsterdam, because the ship missed the port. Should it have been Princess administration or the shipping agent in Amsterdam. This would be good information to know for the future.

Just imagine trying to cope on your own in a foreign country, at short notice, with accommodation, flights, different foreign currency, etc. I'm not surprised that a couple of Americans flew home, instead of flying to Bergen to join the ship.

I know I always carry the name and contact details of the shipping agent, when I'm in port, just in case something happens and I need to contact the ship urgently.

Archived