Tendering Conquest Grand Cayman

judgemom

I've never tendered before, How exactly does this work? I've tried to search but not working very well..

I'm worried about making our excursion by 8:30 when ship arrives at 7:30.. Just read where I probably won't make it??

Which pier will we be at?

Thanks!!

Tendering means you dont dock at a pier, so you are not at any pier, but you come into the main town. saves walking down the pier. the tender here is fast, not that far (not like belize which you stop way out).

10 minutes and you are there once the tender fills up and they will be rotating at first as fast as they fill up.

I'm assuming you didn't book your excursion with carnival? If I remember right, if you have an early departure excursion booked with carnival they like to get you off first in priority? They do this we

I'm assuming you didn't book your excursion with carnival? If I remember right, if you have an early departure excursion booked with carnival they like to get you off first in priority? They do this weekly so they wouldn't schedule an excursion you wouldn't be able to attend, kwim?

Not sure about the Conquest but a few weeks ago on the Liberty it was first come first served. Get down there early around 7 and you will have no problems. Most tenders hold almost 300 people there and they were running 2 at a time.

I heard from there that you go to the theater or lounge up front but once on ship, the staff and Fun Times said to just go to deck 0 or stairs by them and wait.

I've never tendered before, How exactly does this work? I've tried to search but not working very well..{/quote]

They will have people who wish to go ashore gather somewhere, and they will issue "tender numbers" much like debarkation numbers. When your group number is called, your group will load the little boat--the tender--and it will take you ashore. Getting back on the ship is just a matter of finding a tender that is loading at the pier to go back.

I'm worried about making our excursion by 8:30 when ship arrives at 7:30.. Just read where I probably won't make it??

If you purchased the excursion through Carnival, they will get you there in time. If you bought it independently, let the folks handing out tender numbers know about your early excursion, and they will probably get you there on time too.

You need to be very aware of what time the last tender will return to the ship unless you want to take some very nice photos of your ship sailing away!

Which pier will we be at?

Thanks!!

The ship won't be at a pier, hence the need to tender.

Have a great cruise. I'd buy you a drink, but I'm not on vacation (yet), and it's not 5 o'clock (yet).:D

I have been to Grand Cayman many times and have never had an issues getting of the ship and on to land in time for an early tour.

You'll be gathering in the forward lounge to get assigned a number for the tender sequence. Just tell any one of the Carnival employees that you have an early tour and they'll get you out. You won't be first but you'll most likely be on shore before 8 AM...

:)

The real trick is getting back on the ship.......Grand Caymen is a busy tender port with multiple ships useing the same tender pier......make sure you find out when the LAST tender back to the ship leaves and that you allow at least 1 hour to stand in line to get back on the ship.

There are also multiple lines going to various tenders headed for the various ships....so be sure what line you are actually in.....

It's not unusual at peak times (1+ hour before the ship leaves) to find your self at the tender pier with a couple of hundred people.......it can be a mad house.......

I hear about tender numbers on Carnival and Princess but I have yet to ever get a actual number?? Odd huh??

On Princess the time they said we would get numbers, we lined up in rows in the theater and they took us downstairs row by row until the tender filled up.

carnival they just filed downstairs..

has anyone actually gotten a real number to tender?? Iv even tendered into Belize with Carnival.

We have never missed an excursion in Grand Cayman and we also have never gotten tender tickets :confused:. We have always booked our excursions with local vendors. I wouldn't really worry about it, just be down on deck 0 as early as possible.

Thanks so much everyone...I really want to do the catamaran so I'll just hope for the best...and an early tender:)

I just got back from ochos rios and GC on the destiny. If you check my review in my sig I have a bunch of pics of the tender to GC and the catamarans at ochos rios.

One thing that no one mentioned.

I suspect that your tour is based on local time. You will arrive in GC on ship time. There is AT LEAST and hour difference.

OP will have no trouble making the excursion. Remember not to change your watch from ship time and make sure that you are back based on SHIP time NOT island time.

A Conquest tendering question....one of my traveling companions has bad knees and trouble with stairs. Is getting to and from the tender difficult?

There are a significant number of steps to navigate. To someone with bad knees and trouble with stairs, it might be difficult to get to the tender.

Thank you! That is what I thought, and she is leaning towards staying on the ship anyway!

My sister doesn't tender for that very reason........too many steps and with the pitching of the ship and tender it can be quite a scary process...

GC particularly can have a perfectly beautiful day turn ugly really fast and I been literally jerked aboard the ship with resulting black and blue marks on my arms many times.

I heard from there that you go to the theater or lounge up front but once on ship, the staff and Fun Times said to just go to deck 0 or stairs by them and wait.

That was me that told you that. It had changed because the lounge/ticket deal was how it worked two years ago. I also remember on the Conquest before that it was first come first served and it was chaos. I guess they change it up every now and then.

One thing that no one mentioned.

I suspect that your tour is based on local time. You will arrive in GC on ship time. There is AT LEAST and hour difference.

OP will have no trouble making the excursion. Remember not to change your watch from ship time and make sure that you are back based on SHIP time NOT island time.

We were on the Conquest about a month ago (April 14). GC does no observe DST, so the local time and the ship's time (CDT) were the same. That made thing much simpler.

Tim

Archived