Cafe Carinthia on the QV

Natasha708

Can anyone tell me if there is a charge for this place?

If so do you know what it is? Do you like this place? Can you take coffee into the library from the Cafe? Thx!

Also, is there a charge for Todd English at lunch? I have read it is 20.00 a person and I have also read lunch is no charge. Which on is right? I know the dinner is 30.00 per person.

Thanks again!

Can anyone tell me if there is a charge for this place?

If so do you know what it is? Do you like this place? Can you take coffee into the library from the Cafe? Thx!

Also, is there a charge for Todd English at lunch? I have read it is 20.00 a person and I have also read lunch is no charge. Which on is right? I know the dinner is 30.00 per person.

Thanks again!

Hi Natasha, Cafe Carinthia on QV will be the same as QE. Not been on QV, just got off QE. There is a charge for beverages, ie Coffee, Tea etc. They also serve pastries on a morning no charge, light lunches no charge and lovely desserts on a afternoon no charge.

Not sure about taking drinks into the library.

There is a charge for lunch and evening meal in Todd English, lunch is slightly cheaper that evening meal. Sorry cannot remember the exact prices.

Catherine

QV is $20 for lunch and $30 for the evening meal. Free lunch for Diamond, of course.

I suspect the specials are to drum up trade on quiet cruises!

Am I the only one who finds it distinctly odd to pay for coffee but not the attendant cake(s) that go with it, or the filled roll(s)? I'm not complaining, as life is frankly too short to worry about the odd dollar here and there, but it seems a strange way to go about things.

My instinct is that drinking in a library is inappropriate, but that may just be my age. I suspect in practice that there would be no complaints if you were neat and tidy. Why not bring a book into Cafe Carinthia?

WD

Am I the only one who finds it distinctly odd to pay for coffee but not the attendant cake(s) that go with it, or the filled roll(s)?

WD

No, I was just about to make the same point. The cost price of a cup of coffee is about 5 pence in the UK, cakes/pastries quite a bit more.

As the Yanks say, go figure.

Mary

We had lovely sandwiches in CC a couple of times. Everything was fresh and delicious. Occasionally we just wanted a quick bite so ate there instead of the QG and really enjoyed it.

As for Todd English, we had both a dinner and a lunch there. Both meals were excellent and a nice change from the QG. As I told my husband, it was fun to "eat out" for a change! :p

No, I was just about to make the same point. The cost price of a cup of coffee is about 5 pence in the UK, cakes/pastries quite a bit more.

As the Yanks say, go figure.

Mary

In about 1971 the cost of a cup of coffee was about 5p! Have you been to Starbucks/Costa/Nero lately?! [of course, the pastries cost even more - although not that much]

Am I the only one who finds it distinctly odd to pay for coffee but not the attendant cake(s) that go with it, or the filled roll(s)?

My instinct is that drinking in a library is inappropriate, but that may just be my age. I suspect in practice that there would be no complaints if you were neat and tidy. Why not bring a book into Cafe Carinthia?

WD

Hi! Thank you for the response. I do agree, charging for coffee, and not the pastry is odd. Yet, I guess we will have no choice. As someone else said, Starbucks is a big coffee influence, as are other coffee houses in the USA. We do enjoy reading and having our coffee at the same time. On Holland America's Noordam you can indeed have your coffee next to your comfy library chair and read.

The library is a big reason we picked the QV. Just thought it would be nice to stay in the wonderful library atmosphere, and enjoy a cup on Jo at the same time. If not, we will have it in the cafe as you said :)

We had pizza a few times for lunch (or mid-afternoon snack :) ) on QV. There's a pizza/pasta station in the Lido buffet. There was usually a daily special and I think they could make up other typical styles. More than once we took it down to our room to nibble on over time.

Not all that bad for a British pizza. :D

We had pizza a few times for lunch (or mid-afternoon snack :) ) on QV. There's a pizza/pasta station in the Lido buffet. There was usually a daily special and I think they could make up other typical styles. More than once we took it down to our room to nibble on over time.

Not all that bad for a British pizza. :D

Do u recall if it was thin crust or thick :) Ha! Thank you again!

We had lovely sandwiches in CC a couple of times. Everything was fresh and delicious. Occasionally we just wanted a quick bite so ate there instead of the QG and really enjoyed it.

As for Todd English, we had both a dinner and a lunch there. Both meals were excellent and a nice change from the QG. As I told my husband, it was fun to "eat out" for a change! :p

Thank you! Sounds GREAT!

In about 1971 the cost of a cup of coffee was about 5p! Have you been to Starbucks/Costa/Nero lately?! [of course, the pastries cost even more - although not that much]

I meant the cost price to the company, not the price charged...

Mary

Do u recall if it was thin crust or thick :) Ha! Thank you again!

Just got off the QE and it was thin crust. We've been on the QV but can't recall for sure but I think it was exactly the same. You can tell them what you want on it or order the daily special. They take your name and it's ready in about 12-15 minutes. It's available from lunch time through dinner.

Just got off the QE and it was thin crust. We've been on the QV but can't recall for sure but I think it was exactly the same. You can tell them what you want on it or order the daily special. They take your name and it's ready in about 12-15 minutes. It's available from lunch time through dinner.

Nice! Thank you so much :)

7 minutes on QV for a thin crust pizza made fresh for you, and absolutely outstanding it is too!

Can recommend the black and white profiteroles in CC. The coffee is good (including the chilled ones, which are very refreshing) and while I'm not sure I'd take one into the library, I did grab a takeaway cup for a lecture one day. The dancers often use CC for takeaway coffee, which is a sign of its quality!

7 minutes on QV for a thin crust pizza made fresh for you, and absolutely outstanding it is too!

Can recommend the black and white profiteroles in CC. The coffee is good (including the chilled ones, which are very refreshing) and while I'm not sure I'd take one into the library, I did grab a takeaway cup for a lecture one day. The dancers often use CC for takeaway coffee, which is a sign of its quality!

Nice!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived