newly wed on line check in help please

cruise kitty

DD is filling out her online check in for Eq. Med honeymoon. Her ID (passport, DL, etc. ) will of course have her maiden name. (they fly out to rome morning after wedding for pre cruise stay) there is a place to mark married or single on the online check in, we're trying to figure out which to check, & are wondering what possible difference it makes to the TSA, as they have different last names? Is this important? Obviously don't wish to affect her travel with the wrong answer.

Thanks for any help.:)

Hello! She can feel free to check off "married" and list her maiden name on all of her cruise and travel documents.

Also, be sure to let Celebrity know you are celebrating a honeymoon, they bring a delicious chocolate cake to you at dinner one night! :):D

I am married but my DH and I have different last names--I put them in, and check married, with no issues ever.

Be sure to tell your DD to get extra copies of the marriage certificate to turn in with her old passport when she wants to get a new one in her married name.

DD is filling out her online check in for Eq. Med honeymoon. Her ID (passport, DL, etc. ) will of course have her maiden name. (they fly out to rome morning after wedding for pre cruise stay) there is a place to mark married or single on the online check in, we're trying to figure out which to check, & are wondering what possible difference it makes to the TSA, as they have different last names? Is this important? Obviously don't wish to affect her travel with the wrong answer.

I doubt that the TSA cares whether she is married or single, what they do care about is that all of her travel documentation must have the exact name on them.

Thanks for asking!! I'll be doing the same thing I guess!

Oh, and instead of cake apparently you can get champagne one night. We picked the first formal night. As the Celebrity agent who talked to my fiance said "food is free...so I recommend the champagne." ;)

Thanks for the tip re Champagne vs Chocolate Cake! I will be honeymooning in 3 weeks this Sunday, any ideas if it is a good Champagne or Fizzy Sugar Water?! Doesn't have to be top of the line but would certainly want/hope for something drinkable, but free is free!:D:p

There are plenty of horror stories of brides getting to the ship and finding that she is listed on cruise documents in her married name while her Identification is in her maiden name.

The "champagne" is surprisingly good. You can also mix it with orange juice, order room service and have breakfast in bed.

Best wishes to the brides and grooms.

thank you all for your help!

I was surprised to see that question on the check in page, doesn't seem to matter much, as you must fill in your official passport info, but she is relieved

( as much as a bride can be a week before her wedding :) ) & has checked in according to advice.

Use her name(maiden) and just check off married. DH and I have different last names- no problem

Congratulations

Carole

.... there is a place to mark married or single on the online check in, ....
Every time I fill out the online check in form, I wonder why they ask that question. What difference does it make to them?

It is not at all unusual for someone who is married to be traveling with someone other than the spouse, or traveling alone.

As previously pointed out, the only thing of importance is that the name used to book the cruise matches the name on the passport.

But even that is not always necessary. We know of women who had their maiden names on their passports, but booked a cruise under their married names, brought along a copy of their marriage certificate, and that worked well too.

It is just easier when the name is the same both places because then no explanation or additional documentation is needed.

Thanks for asking!! I'll be doing the same thing I guess!

Oh, and instead of cake apparently you can get champagne one night. We picked the first formal night. As the Celebrity agent who talked to my fiance said "food is free...so I recommend the champagne." ;)

Yes but be sure to bring your own painkillers for the headache you will have after drinking the "champagne" they bring you.

Archived