Ala Moana Hotel?

testerlady

Make sure you go around the Ala Moana mall. It's my favorite mall in the world and the best one I've ever been to. They have music at night and its outdoors.

How many people are going? If its three people or less it would be cheaper to take the Roberts Hawaii Airport Waikiki express. You can find the buses outside baggage claim. They charge $9 a person to take you to the hotel. A taxi from the airport to the ship is about $25 and from the ship to Ala Moana is about another $12-15 with good traffic. Hope this helps!

James

http://twitter.com/#!/cruiseshipcrew

Thanks, that does help. It's just my husband and me so maybe that's what we should do. We don't need a reservation for the airport to the hotel? I imagine we would from the hotel to the pier. We were planning on going to the mall. I didn't know about the music. That sounds great.

Thanks, that does help. It's just my husband and me so maybe that's what we should do. We don't need a reservation for the airport to the hotel? I imagine we would from the hotel to the pier. We were planning on going to the mall. I didn't know about the music. That sounds great.

No, you don't need a reservation for the ground transport.

Just returned from a land vacation in Hawaii.

If you need transportation from the airport to hotel in Honolulu, I HIGHLY recommend Hawaii23.com. Mark is fantastic!! Cost for up to three people from HNL to Waikiki is $23. And he is reliable. [He even called to tell us he'd be five minutes late picking us up to go to the airport - I wouldn't have thought anything of it if he hadn't called, but, how considerate!]

• 3 weeks later...

Never stayed at the AM but we spent five days next door at the outrigger and although we had a great stay, i would love to stay at the AM.... One day we walked into the AM hotel courtyard just looking around and there was a small band playing we sat down and ordered a round of drinks and the band began to play "tiny bubbles" .... it was just so cool and so hawaii..... would stay there in a moment, pretty much the in the middle of all the touristy type shopping and dinning in waikiki...

Perhpas bajabob is talking about the Moana Surfrider Hotel which is next to the Outrigger Waikiki and is in the thick of Waikiki proper. The Moana Surfrider Hotel does have the lovely courtyard with the live music in the evenings. I also would love to stay there sometime, although we always stop in for a drink when we are in town.

The Ala Moana Hotel is on the fringe of Waikiki and is connected to the AlaMoana Mall. It all gets very confusing with the Hawaiian names and words!

It sounds like a nice hotel. We'll have a few things to pick up at the mall so that will be convenient. We'll be staying closer to the action post-cruise. This is just for the night before the cruise. And it's in Hawaii!! I'll be happy.:)

• 1 month later...

You will enjoy the hotel. If you enjoy walking, you can get to Waikiki in about 15 or 20 minutes. Ala Moana center has a number of great places for happy hour and dinner. The Bus has a major transfer station at the AM Center so if you want to ride the public bus you can get anywhere on the island from there easily. We used Island Express Transport from the airport, great service and price. 808-944 1879 Enjoy your stay! Aloha!

Archived