Princess after 3x Carnival??

ampleiwb

I have only cruised RCCL & Carnival. My DH & I are both 30 years old, no kids. I found a great deal on a Princess cruise-but I know nothing about the line. We are laid back and are just happy with the level of service on carnival-we understand there are more elegant lines out there, but we go where the price is right for now. Mainly I am interested to know what Princess includes and/or excludes compared to Carnival/RCCL. Any help from those of you who have cruised both is much appreciated! Thanks!

My wife and I are laid back, also... If you like Carnival... (which we think is more of a "party" cruise line) I think you will LOVE Princess!!

I have spoken to many well-traveled cruisers. Many have said that once they cruised with Princess, it was difficult to look anywhere else.

Laurin & I were lucky enough to start on a Princess ship.

Important freebies... the pizza, burgers & dogs, and ice cream counters on deck are free. The international cafe in the Piazza is free. (Love the mozzarella and tomato sandwiches and the shrimp salad!!) Room service is free. (good for late night cookies...mmm)

Enjoy!!

Princess offers, imho, a wide variety of activities. You can do as little or as much as you want. Sure there are no rock climbing walls or flowriders but there will be plenty to keep you busy. They also have some great itineraries that other lines don't offer (at least for what I'm looking for). One other thing is if price is important, princess allows their T/A's to discount the fares. If you find a good T/A, he/she can save you $$$$$. One warning about T/A's though; can't mention specific info or solicit the info on CC.

Good luck with your search.

Bob

You'll likely find Princess more subdued in both decor and overall vibe; noticablly missing is the rah rah/get this party started atmosphere with far fewer announcements. Also, far fewer poolside/kid/family activities. Production shows are also comparitively weak, but stronger alternative evening entertainment. If you're a pizza fan (and who isn't), Princess is a big step up.

I have only cruised RCCL & Carnival. My DH & I are both 30 years old, no kids. I found a great deal on a Princess cruise-but I know nothing about the line. We are laid back and are just happy with the level of service on carnival-we understand there are more elegant lines out there, but we go where the price is right for now. Mainly I am interested to know what Princess includes and/or excludes compared to Carnival/RCCL. Any help from those of you who have cruised both is much appreciated! Thanks!

I think you'll love Princess! We were about the same age when we started cruising and took Princess almost exclusively. Now that we have kids we have taken a few CCL ships in the last couple of years. I think Princess will cater just fine for you. Go for it and have a great trip!

The food is better on Princess. If you are truly laid-back, Princess will be a better fit than either Carnival or RCCL. Coffee is terrible, so if you drink coffee, get a coffee card. If you are like wine, you can bring your own wine onto the ship ($15 corkage charge if you bring the wine into the dining room). Princess generally have very good itineraries, especially on their longer voyages.

The pools on princess are freshwater the crowds tend to be smaller at most of the pools (except main pool). Food is way better on princess than rccl.Drink prices tend to be a little lower and the pay to eat dining options are just outstanding. Also the atmosphere is a little more laid back then carnival (older crowd).I also think the services is alittle better on princess but that is very subjective i know hope this helps:D

My first two cruises were Carnival and then I tried out other lines just for variety. I do still go back to Carnival, esp. because they have good sailings out of NYC.

My opinion is Princess is more elegant in decor, but the service and food is more similar than different. Shows are better on Carnival and cabins are larger on Carnival, i.e. a Carnival balcony cabin is between a Princess balcony cabin and mini suite in size. I really can't think of anything that Carnival includes that Princess doesn't. You can also bring one bottle of wine/champagne on Princess in carry-on bag (like Carnival).

I appreciate their differences and enjoy sailing both lines (and others). I'm also glad I tried out various lines/ships to see what they were like for myself. And all have been good!

Which Princess ship are you considering? They are all beautiful.

ENJOY!!!

I feel that cruises expriences are totally based on your attitude. If you go with (Im going to have great time) then you will. The only bad cruise is the one you don't take!!!!

I have been on NCL, Carnival and Princess. I must say I really do like Carnival better. I think the food in dining room is better on carnival more up beat and more things to do on carival. Shows were better on Carnival more things for kids to do on Carnival.

I have been on celebrity,royal caribbean and carnival,last year we tried princess for the first time.I am totally sold on Princess loved the ruby and booked for her again in april. I think it will be hard for me to go back to any other line.:)

Archived