I Can't Give Blood

As Mrs E. is a frequent recipient of blood and blood products, she thanks those that donate properly.

To those that donate while lying about their travel to disqualifying locations, thanks for the three days in ICU from contaminated blood products. You may make yourselves feel better by giving blood, but you are probably not helping the recipients.

Just don't tell them that you have been on a cruise. I stopped mentioning it to them a few years ago because they wanted places & times. Became a hassle & I know my blood is good...........

I really hope you are just saying this to get a rise out of people.

And as I said earlier, this must be something new, when I was at Labadee it was a tender situation.

The dock was opened for The Oasis and Allure, and I don't believe Oasis started doing Western Caribbean itineraries until May, so it's been open for about a year.

The dock was opened for The Oasis and Allure, and I don't believe Oasis started doing Western Caribbean itineraries until May, so it's been open for about a year.

I think it opened just in time for the Oasis Labadee extravaganza in late November 2009

I think it opened just in time for the Oasis Labadee extravaganza in late November 2009

Oh, good point, I hadn't even thought about that! :p Was the delay in starting the Western Caribbean itineraries due to them trying to get Falmouth open?

Just don't tell them that you have been on a cruise. I stopped mentioning it to them a few years ago because they wanted places & times. Became a hassle & I know my blood is good...........

I Am Not A Lawyer (IANAL), nor do I play one on TV... but I can only imagine the reaction your statement would get from a civil litigation attorney. You do realize (or you should) that they track blood donations by individual lot numbers... and if someone ends up sick, and they figure out it was your donation that did it, and it was something that an honest answer would have prevented... I can see the lawyers' mouths watering now.... No more cruises for you!

ETA: Not to mention, it very well may be a crime to lie on a blood donation questionnaire in some jurisdictions... you'd have to consult your own attorney on that one.

Theron

I Am Not A Lawyer (IANAL), nor do I play one on TV... but I can only imagine the reaction your statement would get from a civil litigation attorney. You do realize (or you should) that they track blood donations by individual lot numbers... and if someone ends up sick, and they figure out it was your donation that did it, and it was something that an honest answer would have prevented... I can see the lawyers' mouths watering now.... No more cruises for you!

ETA: Not to mention, it very well may be a crime to lie on a blood donation questionnaire in some jurisdictions... you'd have to consult your own attorney on that one.

Theron

Because I go on cruises to the "rural, unchartered" Caribbean does not put me in the same catagory as the "have you ever shared needles with anyone else" person.

I have been donating for 15 years, I know all the"forbidden" regions of the world that the blood bank filters out. So far I have not been to any of them..

I am a universal donor, my blood, platelets, & double red blood cells is like "liquid gold".

You(and everyone else) should be glad you are not a lawyer because you really no nothing about what you are writing about.

Lay off the television.....

Because I go on cruises to the "rural, unchartered" Caribbean does not put me in the same catagory as the "have you ever shared needles with anyone else" person.

I have been donating for 15 years, I know all the"forbidden" regions of the world that the blood bank filters out. So far I have not been to any of them..

I am a universal donor, my blood, platelets, & double red blood cells is like "liquid gold".

You(and everyone else) should be glad you are not a lawyer because you really no nothing about what you are writing about.

Lay off the television.....

:) Unless you are a lawyer, then neither do you, so we can both speculate to our hearts content! I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find one to pursue such a case, should it ever develop. And it would certainly be easy enough to figure out if lying to a blood donation center is a crime.

Theron

Lying on a donor form could get you a criminal conviction for reckless endangerment. With that charge there doesn't even need to be intent, just some type of conduct (the lie) that may endanger others--they don't even have to prove anyone was injured, just that they could have been.

Should someone actually be injured as a result of the lie, there could be a variety of more severe criminal charges as well as civil judgement.

It's one thing to make a statement on a donor form that you believe to be true--for example you say you don't have cancer and donate, and then are diagnosed with cancer a week later. In that case, you answered truthfully based on your knowledge and understanding. But to knowingly lie because you don't agree with the policies of the agency is a crime. Lying about your travel is no different than lying about sharing needles in this circumstance. Both put the public at risk, and both are criminal offenses.

I am not a lawyer, but I did consult with one before posting this response.

Lying on a donor form could get you a criminal conviction for reckless endangerment. With that charge there doesn't even need to be intent, just some type of conduct (the lie) that may endanger others--they don't even have to prove anyone was injured, just that they could have been.

Should someone actually be injured as a result of the lie, there could be a variety of more severe criminal charges as well as civil judgement.

It's one thing to make a statement on a donor form that you believe to be true--for example you say you don't have cancer and donate, and then are diagnosed with cancer a week later. In that case, you answered truthfully based on your knowledge and understanding. But to knowingly lie because you don't agree with the policies of the agency is a crime. Lying about your travel is no different than lying about sharing needles in this circumstance. Both put the public at risk, and both are criminal offenses.

It's not often, but every once in a while, common sense prevails! :)

Thanks for your post.

Theron

Because of my blood, someday someone might become sick from me. Malaria, Mad Cow, Swine Flu, Bird Flue, Cat Scratch, ect. They could have a real rough time, perhaps someone may possibly die.

But that is a risk I am willing to take.......LOL

Because of my blood, someday someone might become sick from me. Malaria, Mad Cow, Swine Flu, Bird Flue, Cat Scratch, ect. They could have a real rough time, perhaps someone may possibly die.

But that is a risk I am willing to take.......LOL

You never cease to amaze me how low you can go, then you surprise me and go lower. :rolleyes:

The part I can't figure out is why bother? If someone is so selfish as to not follow the safety rules for others, what's in it for them to take the time to donate in the first place?

Theron

I am quoting from the movie "Shrek" and people are getting freaked out and shocked.

One guy wants to prosecute me, another wants to turn me in to the CDC. Get real people, you don't know me.

Another line from the movie "Stripes", Lighten up Frances.....

I am quoting from the movie "Shrek" and people are getting freaked out and shocked.

One guy wants to prosecute me, another wants to turn me in to the CDC. Get real people, you don't know me.

Another line from the movie "Stripes", Lighten up Frances.....

Have you considered the possibility that if they based their decision on some of your supposedly humorous posts, they may just not want to know you?:rolleyes:

My husband is a criminal attorney and I studied law. What you are doing is called Fraud and that is not only illegal, it is a felony. If the forms you lie on make it in to the mail or are ever scanned and electronically submitted by the host, you have also just commited Mail Fraud or Wire Fraud. So you really need to quit now before you dig your hole any deeper.

It seems to me that someone using their name and posting their photo and admitting to the commission of a crime in a public forum, well...

It actually makes sense when it pertains to a person who is very in love with themself.

Archived