Availability of Breakfast in Pinnacle

Silverwing

A while ago there was a long thread about availability of breakfast in the Pinnacle for passengers entitled to use the Neptune lounge.

I expect it still varies from ship to ship, but for those who are interested, on the Eurodam recently (5th May from Barcelona) we had breakfast there every day except when we need to eat at 6.30am before going to Rome.

The Pinnacle manager greeted us every morning - it was a wonderful way to start each day - very quiet with excellent food and service. DH tried several different types of Eggs Benedict and loved them all! I told him to make the most of it because he wasn't likely to get them at home anytime soon!

We will be on the Eurodam again next month for the 12 night Baltic itinerary and are hoping it will be the same arrangement then, as it is one aspect of cruising with HAL that we really appreciate.

it was open for breakfast every day on our last cruise too. (maybe HAL does read the boards ;)). A big improvement over the previous one where it was closed for the first two days:D

If you are not sure if it is open or not, call.

Concierges do not always have up to the minute accurate info if Pinnacle is open for breakfast and twice we were told No, Code Orange, but, indeed, it was open.

it was open for breakfast every day on our last cruise too. (maybe HAL does read the boards ;)). A big improvement over the previous one where it was closed for the first two days:D

On our cruise the PG was closed the first full day and then open every morning thereafter. I think there was some arrangement to eat breakfast that first day in the King's Room (?) but we went to the Lido that morning. I wish they'd open earlier on port days and stay open later on sea days. It's a great benefit and we really enjoyed it.

I have heard ccmments that Deluxe suite passengers are offerred breakfast in the King's room. Has anyone any expereince with this ship? thanks,

Marilyn

When we were on the Rotterdam Marilyn it was in the King's Room (or was it the Queens room - my memory is fading). it was really, really nice. Somehow it seemed more intimate than the Pinnacle and the waiters were really tremendous. There should be a note in your cabin confirming where the breakfast will be. great views there too:) enjoy:)

I have heard ccmments that Deluxe suite passengers are offerred breakfast in the King's room. Has anyone any expereince with this ship? thanks,

Marilyn

On the Zaandam, Volendam, Amsterdam and Rotterdam we have always had breakfast in the King's Room rather than the Pinnacle.

On our cruise the PG was closed the first full day and then open every morning thereafter. I think there was some arrangement to eat breakfast that first day in the King's Room (?) but we went to the Lido that morning. I wish they'd open earlier on port days and stay open later on sea days. It's a great benefit and we really enjoyed it.

So do I -- they think 7:30 is early enough for both the Pinnacle and dining room -- but too many times we have to meet for tours around 7 and 7:30

So do I -- they think 7:30 is early enough for both the Pinnacle and dining room -- but too many times we have to meet for tours around 7 and 7:30

We wrote opening the Pinnacle earlier on port days and leaving it open later on sea days in our comment sheets. Probably won't make a difference but we did mention it.

When we were on the Rotterdam Marilyn it was in the King's Room (or was it the Queens room - my memory is fading). it was really, really nice. Somehow it seemed more intimate than the Pinnacle and the waiters were really tremendous. There should be a note in your cabin confirming where the breakfast will be. great views there too:) enjoy:)

Many thanks for the replies. We had a balcony on the Volendam , Alaska, 2009; and are looking forward to the amenities offerred to deluxe suite pax. My DH and DBIL feel that the additional cost will be worth it on this holiday. The breakfast in Pinnacle is only one of the benefits of the deluxe suite, but certainly one that we intend to enjoy.

Marilyn

Archived